PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying final - what day?

The Pie Man
23-08-2008, 03:58 PM
We're 9 days from buying tickets to this one - both clubs playing on Saturday (us arvo, Dawks night) so a Saturday night or Sunday appear likely. Wouldn't mind a Friday night either given the times both clubs are playing.

Geelong and North (and of course Adelaide) also all playing on Saturday in round 22. Even Sydney (should they sneak into 4th) play next Saturday.

The Coon Dog
23-08-2008, 04:28 PM
It will all depend on who finishes where. If Sydney & Adelaide finish 7th & 8th then all 4 games will be played in Melbourne, bringing Telstra Dome into the equation.

Can't see a game with 2 Victorian teams being played at Telstra Dome, nor Collingwood, so that might have to be St. Kilda v Sydney/Adelaide if that eventuates. If so, expect it to be Sat night.

Geelong, finishing 1st will get the benefit of at least a 7 day break, so they would probably play Sat or Sun, with Collingwood playing either Sun or Sat.

I therefore think we'll play on the Friday night.

Could be 100% wrong, who knows.

Gotta wait for the ladder positions first I suppose. Try the ladder predictor.

I had the 8 finishing:

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Western Bulldogs
4. North Melbourne
5. Collingwood
6. St. Kilda
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide

Ladder predictor (http://afl.allthestats.com/misc/ladderpredict.php)

hujsh
23-08-2008, 04:28 PM
The AFL would want the 2 prelims on Friday and Saturday night wouldn't they?

hujsh
23-08-2008, 04:34 PM
1 Geelong
2 Hawthorn
3 W Bulldogs
4 Nth Melb
5 Collingwood
6 Adelaide
7 Sydney
8 St Kilda

Adel and St.K interchangeable depending on who wins this week

hujsh
23-08-2008, 04:40 PM
That's in week 3 of the finals hujsh.

Qullaifying then. You know what i meant:o

The Pie Man
23-08-2008, 05:51 PM
It will all depend on who finishes where. If Sydney & Adelaide finish 7th & 8th then all 4 games will be played in Melbourne, bringing Telstra Dome into the equation.

Can't see a game with 2 Victorian teams being played at Telstra Dome, nor Collingwood, so that might have to be St. Kilda v Sydney/Adelaide if that eventuates. If so, expect it to be Sat night.

Geelong, finishing 1st will get the benefit of at least a 7 day break, so they would probably play Sat or Sun, with Collingwood playing either Sun or Sat.

I therefore think we'll play on the Friday night.

Could be 100% wrong, who knows.

Gotta wait for the ladder positions first I suppose. Try the ladder predictor.

I had the 8 finishing:

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Western Bulldogs
4. North Melbourne
5. Collingwood
6. St. Kilda
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide

Ladder predictor (http://afl.allthestats.com/misc/ladderpredict.php)

So maybe us Friday night (which would be huge) and Geelong vs North/Adel/Syd on the Saturday arvo?

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I was gunna start this thread myself the other day..just wanting to know when we'll play

I have a very good friends 21st on the saturday night..

So i would be very happy for us not to play saturday...Im happy with Friday night..Saturday arvo would be ok..

Just please dont have it Saturday Night :( I dont wanna have to make the decision..

The Coon Dog
23-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I was gunna start this thread myself the other day..just wanting to know when we'll play

So i would be very happy for us not to play saturday...Im happy with Friday night..Saturday arvo would be ok..

Just please dont have it Saturday Night :( I dont wanna have to make the decision..

If it's a really good friend I'm sure they'll understand. Ask Sockeye Salmon how to act in these situations, he's the expert, even missed his own party!

strebla
23-08-2008, 07:39 PM

What decision you go top the footy nah only joking better you than me

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 02:25 PM
If it's a really good friend I'm sure they'll understand. Ask Sockeye Salmon how to act in these situations, he's the expert, even missed his own party!

Thats no good. He might not want to be a father.

ledge
24-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Sockeye might never have existed if his birthday was on a Saturday he wouldnt have turned up!

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Hmm thing is she doesn't care much for footy..so I don't wanna have to make the decison..I will leave the fate in a coin toss if the game is on the sat night

LostDoggy
25-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I heard the commentators after the hawks/wce game on fox mention that we are likely to play the Friday night...

aker39
25-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I heard the commentators after the hawks/wce game on fox mention that we are likely to play the Friday night...

They would just be guessing.

Sockeye Salmon
25-08-2008, 09:54 PM

What kind of piss poor 21st finishes before 3am?

Go to the footy and turn up at the 21st just as it gets going.

Mantis
25-08-2008, 10:02 PM
What kind of piss poor 21st finishes before 3am?

Go to the footy and turn up at the 21st just as it gets going.

Exactly, you have 2 alternatives here alexxx:

1. Go to the footy, we win, go to the party happy and excited and drink as much free piss as you can.

2. Go to the footy, we lose, your pissed off so you go to the party to drown your sorrows and drink as much free piss as you can.

LostDoggy
25-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the pointers guys...i'll be doing one of those suggestions Mantis..

If it was a normal melbourne game i'd think about missing...but this is FINALS and we are in TOP 4..wow..we dont see this often..what am i thinking, sayinhg i might miss this?

Bring it on...i have not been to a doggies final (unfortunately missed 06 vs collingwood)...

Be it win or lose i will be getting trashed after the game :D