PDA

View Full Version : Ins and Outs - Round 22 v Adelaide

bornadog
24-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Well where the hell has the season gone. The lucky last round and we have a chance to make history with the best Home and Away season ever if we can win. The best we have done is 16 wins in 1992 and with the draw, we can be half a game better.

IN: Gilbee, Ray, Williams

OUT: Ward, Higgins, Everitt?

I find this tough to do as all the outs I would like in but who do you drop? I guess the Coach will be thinking about his best 22 available for the finals, and the match ups v Adelaide. I think we need to win this as Adelaide are a finals contender and we have to stamp our authority.

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Is there any chance say 5 or 6 will be rested?
Who cares about the result anyway? Its a practice match.

ledge
24-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Cant see him dropping Higgins after one game, reason for bringing him in was to get a few senior games in for finals.
Eagleton decided to play well at the right time didnt he.

westdog54
24-08-2008, 02:20 PM
In: Gilbee, Williams if fit

Out: Ward, Everitt.

DOG GOD
24-08-2008, 02:47 PM
IN: Gilbee / Ray (or williams)
OUT: Ward / Everitt

The Pie Man
24-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Time to look at the best 22 available and hopefully play the squad that will play Hawthorn the following week. I imagine this week is a pretty tough one for the coaching group.

In : Ray, Gilbee, Williams
Out : Ward, Everitt, Harbrow

I don't want Harbrow dropped, but I think Hill's just ahead of him (maybe not - thoughts?) and I can't see both of them surviving with Higgins back in. Very promising return to senior football for Shaun, he should now play out the season.

If they're looking to expand depth and rest a few players, maybe Sam Reid's a chance to debut. Hargrave was icing his calf on the bench Friday, maybe he gets a rest.

Is Everitt condidered considered best 22 on current form? He did some ok things on Friday, but I agree with plenty of you guys in that he also did some silly things and doesn't look the player he could be. I'd like to see a back 6 long term of Lake, Williams, Everitt, Morris, Gilbee & Callan/Addison

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't say he's in the best 22 simply because we would play williams before him..

Not that I don't like him or anythin he has heaps of potential and I can't wait to see him bigger and better next yr...he would only he just behind ray for that spot

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Time to look at the best 22 available

I thought we were already? The North Street for Hudson game is the only exception so far.

strebla
24-08-2008, 07:05 PM
In Ray Gilbee Williams/Wight
out Ward Everitt and Harbrow

Would play Wight if Williams not ready Everitt was better on the weekend but still at least another summer before he is ready Ward and Harbrow did nothing wrong but team balance in round 22 is needed

Happy Days
24-08-2008, 07:10 PM
In: Gilbee, Ray, Williams

Out: Ward, Everitt, Hill

I'd drop Hill before Harbrow.

bornadog
24-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I would drop Higgins before Harbrow. Higgins defensive skills are not as good as Harbrow, plus Higgins hasnot had enough senior football to warrant selection. I just feel Harbrow, maybe a bit ahead of him at this stage.

Mantis
24-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I would drop Higgins before Harbrow. Higgins defensive skills are not as good as Harbrow, plus Higgins hasnot had enough senior football to warrant selection. I just feel Harbrow, maybe a bit ahead of him at this stage.

Our runner's defensive skills are better than Higgins.

Go_Dogs
24-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Our runner's defensive skills are better than Higgins.

Didn't think his defensive efforts were too bad on the weekend, applied a few nice shepards too.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Higgo and Williams need game time.

Who cares. All i want is no injuries.

becmatty
24-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Hill - 10 marks. Why would you drop him???????????? No way, get real folks.

Harbrow is a tough nut and has been very solid. Drop him????? C'mon people, have a reason, don't just tke the easy option.

Ward and Everitt will go and Williams and Gilbee to return.

Ray will be unlucky, but will be in the mix for September.

Fingers crossed on Westy. I think Callan will need to step it up or could be on shaky ground, come finals...

A lot of tough decisions. Players being pushed to play well to retain spots. A great position to be in and wil have an ideal test with Crows in Adelaide with some quality players returning for them!

Go Doggies!

bulldogtragic
24-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Actually it will depend on who our trade bait is?

In the last few seasons I remember KMac and Josh Mahoney getting games. Same i think possibly with Birss.

Perhaps Skipper and Street to get a game... Any others???

1eyedog
24-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hill - 10 marks. Why would you drop him???????????? No way, get real folks.

Harbrow is a tough nut and has been very solid. Drop him????? C'mon people, have a reason, don't just tke the easy option.

Ward and Everitt will go and Williams and Gilbee to return.

Ray will be unlucky, but will be in the mix for September.

Fingers crossed on Westy. I think Callan will need to step it up or could be on shaky ground, come finals...

A lot of tough decisions. Players being pushed to play well to retain spots. A great position to be in and wil have an ideal test with Crows in Adelaide with some quality players returning for them!

Go Doggies!

Thought he looked ok from my seat, will only get better.

In: Gilbee, Ray and Williams
Out: Ward, Everitt and anyones guess.

GVGjr
24-08-2008, 09:08 PM
In - Ray and Wight (Gilbee will need another week)
Out - Ward and Johnson (rested) Everitt might be lucky to hold his spot

bornadog
24-08-2008, 09:23 PM
In - Ray and Wight (Gilbee will need another week)
Out - Ward and Johnson (rested) Everitt might be lucky to hold his spot

Do you think Williams will play VFL before a senior game?

How bad is Gilbee's leg injury?

GVGjr
24-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you think Williams will play VFL before a senior game?

How bad is Gilbee's leg injury?

He needs a game before tackling Buddy. I know he is an athletic freak but he does need a game to at least find some touch.

They will be cautions with Gilbee.

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Agree with TPMs assessment. We only have 20 senior players at present (assuming Williams will play). I count Higgins as one of the 20. At his first game for ages, he contributed more than Ward and Harbrow. Also, I don't think he made any mistakes. And he desperatley needs the game time before the finals.

Ins: Gilbee, Ray, Williams
Outs: Harbrow, Ward, Everitt

Also, Hill is getting plenty of the ball, takes a good mark, and has plenty of ability, but I just don't know what he's thinking sometimes and we can't afford costly turnovers in the finals. However I don't see anyone else to replace him so he'll probably get through.

Not trying to be picky as I also believe that Higgins is in our best 22 but he did shank one kick early on in the game

bornadog
24-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I missed that about Gilbee? Is this in one of the other threads? The press have been reporting all weekend that he was out with the flu?
Also, Hargrave had a leg injury on Friday night. Anyone know how he pulled up?

I believe he was limping during the week and thats why I predicted he would be out before the game. Yes, papers have mentioned flu, but interesting in the Age they had "Gilbee replaced in selected side, Flu (leg), so some truth in it.

Haven't heard how bad Shaggy is.

Go_Dogs
25-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Harbrow would be one player I would be keeping in the side.

The problem is that it will be very hard to drop Hill, he provides a lot of run, and with a few players who aren't 100% coming back, we are going to need all the extra legs we can get.

Going to be an interesting few weeks at selection table.

Mantis
25-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Harbrow would be one player I would be keeping in the side.

The problem is that it will be very hard to drop Hill, he provides a lot of run, and with a few players who aren't 100% coming back, we are going to need all the extra legs we can get.

Going to be an interesting few weeks at selection table.

Agree with all that.

Eade and co. have some big decisions to make, let's hope they make the correct calls.

aker39
25-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Harbrow needs to stay in the team.

Everitt needs to go out of the team.

If they plan on Williams playing on Franklin in the 1st week of the finals, he has to play this week.

Throughandthrough
25-08-2008, 01:53 PM
EVeritt would have to be gone.

After his feeble one handed attempt he was dragged straight away, and pretty sure didn't come back on.

1eyedog
25-08-2008, 02:05 PM

If they plan on Williams playing on Franklin in the 1st week of the finals, he has to play this week.

Agree with that and Willy won't cut it. Who would he play on Tippett? Who's that other tall in the Crows forward line? Gray? Can't see Stevens going forward as he may get Murphy and Bock will have to go to Hahn after last week wouldn't he?

westdog54
25-08-2008, 02:19 PM
EVeritt would have to be gone.

After his feeble one handed attempt he was dragged straight away, and pretty sure didn't come back on.

That was plain awful. Followed it up with a good second effort to tackle, but shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place. Silly play

ledge
25-08-2008, 02:52 PM
So Gilbee has a flu in his leg??

LostDoggy
25-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Agree with that and Willy won't cut it. Who would he play on Tippett? Who's that other tall in the Crows forward line? Gray? Can't see Stevens going forward as he may get Murphy and Bock will have to go to Hahn after last week wouldn't he?

Could play on Thompson..Knights..Douglas

bornadog
25-08-2008, 06:47 PM
So Gilbee has a flu in his leg??

Yeah, I think they reported it that way because the official line was flu, but people knew he was limping during the week.

Go_Dogs
25-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Gray? He's a small forward at the Power.

The Crows have been using Gill, Moran, Stevens, Maric and Bock through the forward line. Gill has mainly been playing the lead up role much like Murph does with us, and been doing pretty well the last few weeks.

Moran has shown a bit, very good speed off the mark, and between him and Maric they have two pretty decent ruckmen who can take a grab.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tippett back this weekend though, kicked 4 in the SANFL on the weekend just gone, and must be pretty close to coming back in.

I can see them playing pretty tall this week, so think Everitt may need another week. Personally didn't think his game was that bad, his ball use seemed better as did his intensity (bar the one handed marking attempt which was far too casual, but I'm sure he was told as much).

GVGjr
25-08-2008, 07:05 PM

Why wouldn't a game at Williamstown against Werribee on the likes of Pods cut it as a lead up to the following week?

Also Tippet hasn't played for a few weeks so he is no certainty to be picked and I think the Gray you are referring to plays for the Power...actually you might have meant Gill.

The Pie Man
26-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I thought we were already? The North Street for Hudson game is the only exception so far.

I disagree - if last Friday was a finals game, I bet Gilbee & Ray would've played.

Mantis
26-08-2008, 09:49 AM
In: Ray, Williams

Out: Hargrave (inj), Ward

Wouldn't be taking a risk with Gilbee. If he just had a virus last week he plays (at Everitt's expense), if it was a leg injury then he can have another week off.

Rocket Science
26-08-2008, 11:03 AM
While a hallmark of our first half form, it's actually been a while since we've had selection quandries of any variety, which is somewhat reassuring.

Bock's killed us once or twice going forward in the past, and they could conceivably throw a Bock-Moran-Tippet tall-timber set-up at us this weekend...As good an opportunity as any for Williams to reacquaint himself with the responsibilities of senior footy.

Am genuinely less interested in the result versus Adelaide, than how we go about it. Want to see a smart, committed and switched-on outfit.

The Pie Man
26-08-2008, 12:56 PM
While a hallmark of our first half form, it's actually been a while since we've had selection quandries of any variety, which is somewhat reassuring.

Bock's killed us once or twice going forward in the past, and they could conceivably throw a Bock-Moran-Tippet tall-timber set-up at us this weekend...As good an opportunity as any for Williams to reacquaint himself with the responsibilities of senior footy.

Am genuinely less interested in the result versus Adelaide, than how we go about it. Want to see a smart, committed and switched-on outfit.

Was thinking this when looking at our forward line as well, he can go forward no problems. Tom Williams should come straight in (and go for a few goals no doubt, but get game time more importantly)

bornadog
26-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Tom Williams should come straight in (and go for a few goals no doubt, but get game time more importantly)

According to Eade (SEN) Williams may go to Willy this week depending on training this week.

LostDoggy
26-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Yep, the paper today says that if he pulls through training ok tomorrow (or thurs) that he will be picked for Adelaide

KT31
26-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Out : Shaggy and Johnno (No need to risk them)

In : Williams and Ray
Or even bring in Skip in case he is needed for finals

No need to risk Gilbee.
C

LostDoggy
26-08-2008, 01:19 PM
We've been saying rest Johnno all throughout the year...don't see him being dropped now..

I can see Williams & Faz in, Ward & Shaggy out..

Bulldogs_6
26-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Not wanting to flirt with any form, carry on into the finals, so:
Ins: Williams, Gilbee
Outs: Tim Callan, Ward

Some might argue with Tim Callan being out but with Williams coming in it will give our backline versatility as Morris will play small.

bornadog
26-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Some might argue with Tim Callan being out but with Williams coming in it will give our backline versatility as Morris will play small.

so no Ray?

Mantis
26-08-2008, 02:54 PM

I think Callan will be required to pick up either Stokes or Rioli when we play Hawthorn so for that reason he must play this week.

Plus it looks like Shaggy wont play either.

bornadog
26-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Plus it looks like Shaggy wont play either.

If thats true, Everitt is saved again.

Mofra
26-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Out: Shaggy (rest) & Ward
In: Gilbee & Ray

It looks like Wight is not in Eade's plans for the finals unless he has a major change of heart. Hard part will be finding a spot for Hargrave next week.

Bulldogs_6
26-08-2008, 03:51 PM
so no Ray?

I would love to see Ray in the team, however I wouldn't think they would drop Eagleton for that spot on the wing. If Ray comes in, I would think Hill goes out although I wouldn't be too pleased with that.

bornadog
26-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Well where the hell has the season gone. The lucky last round and we have a chance to make history with the best Home and Away season ever if we can win. The best we have done is 16 wins in 1992 and with the draw, we can be half a game better.

IN: Gilbee, Ray, Williams

OUT: Ward, Higgins, Everitt?

I find this tough to do as all the outs I would like in but who do you drop? I guess the Coach will be thinking about his best 22 available for the finals, and the match ups v Adelaide. I think we need to win this as Adelaide are a finals contender and we have to stamp our authority.

With Williams not playing this week, then:

In Gilbee, Ray
Out Ward, and Hargrave (if injured)

The Pie Man
28-08-2008, 07:09 PM
If they're looking to expand depth and rest a few players, maybe Sam Reid's a chance to debut. Hargrave was icing his calf on the bench Friday, maybe he gets a rest.

Just thought I'd annoyingly gloat about the above call I made earlier in the week.

I so often get it wrong, so I'll afford myself this bit of indulgence :)

bornadog
28-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Just thought I'd annoyingly gloat about the above call I made earlier in the week.

Good call. Looks like Hargrave is in but maybe there will be a late change

The Pie Man
28-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Good call. Looks like Hargrave is in but maybe there will be a late change

I was sour on the Shaggy call - which is the even steven I can expect when I get something right!

strebla
29-08-2008, 01:44 AM

Well done not one that i picked but am glad to have the number 26 going around it has been a while

The Coon Dog
29-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Well done not one that i picked but am glad to have the number 26 going around it has been a while
Round 8, 2005 v North Melbourne.