PDA

View Full Version : Head trainer suspended

BulldogBelle
29-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Just heard on CHN 10 that our head trainer has been suspended by AFL for acting as a runner.

Details on 10 news shortly.

LostDoggy
29-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Bizarre..can't wait to hear more

The Coon Dog
29-08-2008, 06:50 PM
This issue raised its head after a game against the Swans last season.

The link to the Herald Sun article no longer works, but here is the text:

Scott Gullan 30 May 2007

THE Western Bulldogs have accused Sydney of firing cheap shots over claims a female trainer was wired up and delivering messages to players during Sunday's game in Canberra.

A bemused Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade last night attacked his former club for initiating an AFL investigation into one of his training staff.

It was claimed the female water carrier was wearing a transmitting device in her ear, which connected directly to the coach's box.

Eade, whose seven-year coaching stint in Sydney ended badly in 2002, said the allegations were a joke.

"We totally deny it," Eade said. "It didn't happen and obviously the rumour started out of Sydney, which is what we've heard.

"I would have thought clubs, especially Sydney, wouldn't want to fire cheap shots.

"I would have thought they would have better things to do with their lives than actually throw cheap shots.

"It would be better for people who are going to make accusations in the future to get their facts right."

It is no secret that relations between Eade and the Swans have been strained since he left the Harbour City.

His feelings towards his former club certainly did not improve after the Swans spanked the Bulldogs by 43 points in their "home game" at Manuka Oval.

AFL ground operations manager Jill Lindsay last night confirmed she had looked at vision of the trainer during Sunday's game and found nothing untoward.

"There have been some allegations made and we have just dismissed those," she said. "We followed through the allegations to make sure there was no truth to them.

"We had a look at the vision, and obviously the times the lass involved was on field delivering water, and there was no suggestion whatsoever that she was carrying any messages or any listening device.

"There was no communication with the coach's box, so I'm not sure where that has come from. There is certainly no truth in that."

Lindsay did confirm that Bulldogs runner Jason Mifsud, who is also the club's skill acquisition manager, had been issued a "please explain" regarding actions in the Round 8 game against Collingwood.

"There is vision to go with that, the please explain, and the club is aware of that, but they are yet to respond to it," she said.

The Swans could not be contacted last night.

BulldogBelle
29-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Anissa Groves (spelling??) was suspended for 2 weeks by AFL for delivering meesages to players with their water.

LostDoggy
29-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Is it pay back for not keeping Aka quiet?

So many problems in the game and the AFL are worried our players are getting messages from the coach.

bulldogtragic
29-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Is it pay back for not keeping Aka quiet?

So many problems in the game and the AFL are worried our players are getting messages from the coach.
Drugs, violence, issues with treating women with respect, alcohol culture, players riding with gunmen but the AFL is taking a tough stance of a trainer who talks when giving water to a player.

FFS...

hujsh
29-08-2008, 08:45 PM
The team with 19 players on the ground is having a shot at us?

BulldogBelle
29-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Here is the official speel from Fox Sports - out for two matches...

Bulldogs trainer suspended (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24261911-23211,00.html)
Fox Sports
Aug 29, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs have had a trainer suspended for two games for delivering messages from coaching staff to players.

Under AFL rules, trainers are only allowed to enter the field to give water to players or assist with injuries.

But the league has banned Bulldogs head trainer Anissa Groves for repeated breaches of that rule.

She will miss Saturday's match against Adelaide at AAMI Stadium and the following weekend's qualifying final against Hawthorn.

strebla
30-08-2008, 01:54 AM
What absolute rubbish while you are giving a player a drink you say well done or keep your head up but noooooo the AFL says give them a drink and shut up .Bert says bite me if i want to encourage players (even in the under 16s )i bloody well will

Pembleton
30-08-2008, 02:51 AM
You guys are funny. It looks like we were caught doing some minor cheating, and we received a minor punishment. Seems fair enough to me, yet there still seems to be plenty of whinging about it. It makes me giggle. :D

hujsh
30-08-2008, 04:33 AM
You guys are funny. It looks like we were caught doing some minor cheating, and we received a minor punishment. Seems fair enough to me, yet there still seems to be plenty of whinging about it. It makes me giggle. :D

It's just stupid.

LostDoggy
30-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Very minor cheating while major issue including cheating gets bugger all attention.

Sockeye Salmon
30-08-2008, 11:35 AM
The AFL jumps all over minor cheating trying to look tough but when it's something significant - like having 19 men on the ground in the last minute of a game where there's 1 point the difference - and the AFL proves it's weak as piss.

All the same, not having our regular head trainer for 2 weeks is hardly going to cost us a premiership.