PDA

View Full Version : Williamstown v Werribee

bornadog
30-08-2008, 04:56 PM
RESERVES

Williamstown 1.4 6.10 10.13 19.17 (131)
Box Hill Hawks 3.6 4.8 6.13 10.16 (76)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Boumann 4 Jenkins 4 Cartelli 2 Dickson Keddell Chiu Black Boyd Cravino O'Shea Mulligan Grossman
Box Hill Hawks: Hoegel 4 Shore 2 Neil Bayliss Kelleher Gibson

BEST:
Williamstown: Keddell Lyons Boyd Boumann Black Cravino
Box Hill Hawks: Bayliss Papaluca Gibson Bull Daniher Hoegel

Bulldog Revolution
30-08-2008, 06:54 PM
4 goals looks a Nice performance from Boumann to put Willy through to the GF in the reserves

GVGjr
30-08-2008, 07:01 PM
4 goals looks a Nice performance from Boumann to put Willy through to the GF in the reserves

He did some terrific things today. Made a few errors both with skills and concentration but when he was switched on it was quite exciting.

GVGjr
30-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Williamstown just weren't good enough today.

Williamstown 12.15-87 def. Werribee Tigers by 14.14-98

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: B. Johnson 3, J. Cloke 2, S. Greene, P. Street, B. Jolley, M. Little, D. Galea, L. Picken, E. Wood
Best Players: S. Tiller, P. Street, B. Johnson, J. Cloke, K. McKenzie, L. Picken
Werribee Tigers
Goal Kickers: J. Podsiadly 3, N. Thompson 3, L. Brown, J. Sinclair, D. Gleeson, B. Davies, R. Castello, S. Thompson, B. Ross, M. Barlow
Best Players: S. Thompson, J. Sinclair, B. Davies, R. Castello, L. Brown, J. Podsiadly

Dogs 24/7
30-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Willy seem to be faltering a bit over the last few weeks.

bornadog
30-08-2008, 09:39 PM
How did Wight and Ward go?

Go_Dogs
30-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Is Tiller a chance next week GVGjr? What sort of match up did he play today, tall or small?

LostDoggy
30-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Sorry guys, I realise we are aligned with Williamstown but, GO TIGES. Good win for Werribee today. Have finished the season off pretty well. Hoping for a good finals series now.

GVGjr
30-08-2008, 09:45 PM
How did Wight and Ward go?

Wight battled away and was matched up on Nathan Thompson to start with. He moved onto other opponents as well. Did some nice things but also made some turnovers.

Ward was a bit quiet but the conditions didn't suit the more skillful guys. Played forward and in the midfield.

GVGjr
30-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Is Tiller a chance next week GVGjr? What sort of match up did he play today, tall or small?

Tiller was excellent. He started on Leigh Brown as the CHB before moving to FB matched on Nathan Thompson. The coaches were pleased with his effort.

GVGjr
30-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry guys, I realise we are aligned with Williamstown but, GO TIGES. Good win for Werribee today. Have finished the season off pretty well. Hoping for a good finals series now.

They are a solid outfit and are well coached. The North players do a good job as well. Alan Obst was very noticeable today.

bornadog
31-08-2008, 12:11 AM
How were Everitt and Ray?

GVGjr
31-08-2008, 01:02 AM
How were Everitt and Ray?

Both did some nice things at times but were nowhere near consistent enough. Rays skills let him down and Everitt's decision making wasn't great.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Both did some nice things at times but were nowhere near consistent enough. Rays skills let him down and Everitt's decision making wasn't great.

Based on that, they both may struggle to break into the lineup for the QF this week?

The truth is though, we need Ray's run & carry, so he'll probably find himself a bit lucky.

Everitt's a slim chance though.

LostDoggy
31-08-2008, 02:07 AM
GOOOOOO BEEEESSSSSSSS, WOOOHOOO.

Just on Boumann, he kicked 2 pretty good goals in that last qtr, i was very happy with them anyway.

Would have loved to have taken more notice of the bulldog boys out there, but i was jsut watching Werribe as i really wanted them to win, get the 4 points and knock Williamstown off the top of the ladder.

I did hear that Peter Street had 51 hitouts, not sure how correct that is tho, 51 seems waaay to high.

LostDoggy
31-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tells us more about Boumann GVGjr

GVGjr
31-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Tells us more about Boumann GVGjr

Tall, lean and very athletic with decent skills. He still has a lot to learn and he needs to improve his concentration. In very windy conditions he kicked a couple of nice goals out of his four and even passed the ball nicely to a team mate. He does a lot of low percentage things though but I know they are working on that with him. Simon Dalrymple often gets him aside for a chat and points out any errors he made during the quarter.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Tall, lean and very athletic with decent skills. He still has a lot to learn and he needs to improve his concentration. In very windy conditions he kicked a couple of nice goals out of his four and even passed the ball nicely to a team mate. He does a lot of low percentage things though but I know they are working on that with him. Simon Dalrymple often gets him aside for a chat and points out any errors he made during the quarter.
$64,000,000 questions GVGjr,

Will he play senior footy next year.
Will he play 100 games
Can he be a good quality AFL forward,

From what you have seen?

GVGjr
31-08-2008, 04:48 PM

Will he play 100 games

From what you have seen?

He has the ability to play some senior football but he is also carrying a shoulder injury that might require an operation. That could be a big distraction for him.

It's too early to answer those questions especially given that he has tested the patience of the coaching crew etc but he has all the athletic tools that could turn him into a good forward.
The pre-season might provide at least some of the answers. If the penny drops about getting serious about his footy then he could be a decent player for us.

He will need time to develop but I would be happy if he just played regularly for the Willy senior team next season. That would be a terrific gauge on his ability to move into being a senior footballer in 2010.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2008, 05:04 PM
He has the ability to play some senior football but he is also carrying a shoulder injury that might require an operation. That could be a big distraction for him.

It's too early to answer those questions especially given that he has tested the patience of the coaching crew etc but he has all the athletic tools that could turn him into a good forward.
The pre-season might provide at least some of the answers. If the penny drops about getting serious about his footy then he could be a decent player for us.

He will need time to develop but I would be happy if he just played regularly for the Willy senior team next season. That would be a terrific gauge on his ability to move into being a senior footballer in 2010.
After some of things i've heard too, i will take that at this stage.

If Reid has some influence over him, hopefully that might encourage them all to get serious.

Cyberdoggie
01-09-2008, 03:06 PM

Will he play 100 games

From what you have seen?

unlikely

has played all but 2-3 games in the reserves, albeit with little pre-season.

I would say he will feature more in the willy seniors next year along with jarrad grant (yes remember him, the guy in the stingray incident) ;)

The jury isn't out yet but he has a long way to go.