PDA

View Full Version : Open training Session

LostDoggy
31-08-2008, 09:20 PM
http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=66700
Open Training Session

WB open training sessions

TUESDAY, 2nd September

TIME: 10.45am for an 11am training start - 11.45am.

ENTRY: Entry is via HOCKING STREET.

ALL access to open training sessions will be via the new In-Fill Building (four storey glass building) .

Entry will NOT be permitted via Whitten Avenue, Cross Street, Gordon Street or the oval.

SEATING: Guests will be able to view the open training session from the EJ Whitten Stand ONLY accessible only via the glass Infill Building.

PARKING: Due to the Whitten Oval redevelopment, parking onsite is extremely limited, travel to the ground using public transport is highly recommended.

Using Public Transport:
By Train: From the CBD, take the Sydenham train and depart at West Footscray Station
By Bus: Melbourne Bus Link operate Routes 220 and 216, disembark at the corner of Gordon and Barkly Streets.
By Tram: From the CBD, catch the 57 West Maribyrnong Service. The 57 links in Maribyrnong Road with the 82 in which passes within a block of the ground.

For more information visit www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au

Travelling by car:
On site event parking for Open Training Sessions will be extremely limited.
Event parking will be available in the West Footscray Train Station car park and surrounding areas. Normal parking restrictions apply within the residential streets surrounding Whitten Oval.
Please consider our neighbours when arriving/departing the ground.

Any one available to go to update us here at WOOF

bornadog
01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I am thinking of going down as this is a rare occurence for us. Any one else going

Desipura
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Im seriously thinking about it.

Twodogs
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Yep, I'll be there-I'll post a training report early tomorrow arvo for all those who cant make it.

Just one thing, how do you access the infill building from Hocking st without entering Whitten avenue? Do you call Steve Hooker and get him to polevault you over it?

BulldogBelle
01-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Yep, I'll be there-I'll post a training report early tomorrow arvo for all those who cant make it.

Just one thing, how do you access the infill building from Hocking st without entering Whitten avenue? Do you call Steve Hooker and get him to polevault you over it?

Went into the Bulldogs Central (new shop) on Saturday - see picture below.
Enter Hocking St and enter carpark on left. There was a walk way thru Whitten av with temporary fencing up. The ground floor of the infill building was totaly empty so l asume you will enter thru there.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5241/img2097tm6.jpg

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Can't make it tomorrow, but i'll wag work to go before the prelim!!!!

hujsh
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Can't make it tomorrow, but i'll wag work to go before the prelim!!!!

I've never heard someone say they'd wag work

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 11:58 AM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5241/img2097tm6.jpg

Haha is that the statue of E.J from that pub on the ballarat highway i think just before footscray? looks familiar ;)

aker39
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Haha is that the statue of E.J from that pub on the ballarat highway i think just before footscray? looks familiar ;)

I take it you haven't been to the Whitten Oval for a loooooooong time.

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Haha last few times ive been its only for the temporary bulldogs shop or the ELC that time..

bornadog
02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Attended the training session today, ran into fellow WOOF poster Ernie S.

The session was mainly based on sharpening skills, with most players participating, except;

Brad Johnson - Practised goal kicking up the other end.

Hudson and Minson - Walked the oval and thats all.

Tim Callen - also walked the oval after most had finished the session.

Tiller and Everitt did some short sharp sprints up and down away from the main group.

In the main group

Higgins looked pretty good and moved nicely,

Aker as usual, very professional and practised alot of snap shots from all sorts of angles

Skipper was slotting through 60 metre goals with little effort

Hahn, although with the main group, had a yellow vest on, and was not involved in any of the close drills - suspect may be sore after that heavy fall on Saturday in the first quarter.

Ward - didn't see him at all, maybe he was at school:p

West worked with Griffen on his skills.

Of the young pups, very impressed with Wood, the way he moves as well as his kicking.

If I missed anything, others please post.

aker39
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks Bornadog.

As we get deeper in to the finals, I'm sure there'll be more and more people at these sessions.

How did the redevelopment look?

bornadog
02-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks Bornadog.

As we get deeper in to the finals, I'm sure there'll be more and more people at these sessions.

How did the redevelopment look?

Redevelopment is really starting to take shape, the infill building is getting there and won't be long when they start to fit the inside out, the running track around the ground is also taking shape. The main works seem to be on the Old John Gent stand.

Super 27
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Attended the training session today, ran into fellow WOOF poster Ernie S.

The session was mainly based on sharpening skills, with most players participating, except;

Brad Johnson - Practised goal kicking up the other end.

Tim Callen - also walked the oval after most had finished the session.

Tiller and Everitt did some short sharp sprints up and down away from the main group.

In the main group

Higgins looked pretty good and moved nicely,

Aker as usual, very professional and practised alot of snap shots from all sorts of angles

Skipper was slotting through 60 metre goals with little effort

Hahn, although with the main group, had a yellow vest on, and was not involved in any of the close drills - suspect may be sore after that heavy fall on Saturday in the first quarter.

Ward - didn't see him at all, maybe he was at school:p

West worked with Griffen on his skills.

Of the young pups, very impressed with Wood, the way he moves as well as his kicking.

If I missed anything, others please post.

Was Dylan Addison anywhere to be seen?

bornadog
02-09-2008, 06:03 PM

I was thinking about that after I wrote the above, I don't remember seeing him at all, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

Sockeye Salmon
02-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Haha last few times ive been its only for the temporary bulldogs shop or the ELC that time..

That statue has been there a while now.

After the disaster in 97 some dickhead put a Crows jumper on it.

And the statues of EJ and the Hawk are still at the Braybrook pub.

hujsh
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Dear god, imagine if we went in without either of them

bornadog
02-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Dear god, imagine if we went in without either of them

Don't believe anything wrong with Minson, Eade said he has had a heavy training load and needed to ease up, but who knows. Street and Skipper looked fit:D

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes Michael I agree about Minson. I think he was there with Hudson for moral support and so it looks better to the press.

wb_age
02-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Definitely not out there today.