PDA

View Full Version : In case you missed it.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2008, 09:40 PM
We finished F******* 3rd!!!!!!!

Great effort by a lot of people this year.

Great trading, up-ing all our picks, Grant and Ward and Reid, Wood and O'Keefe and PSD with Scotty. Great training and pre-season work.

Aker coming back this year, the whole team adding a hep of grunt, Addison and Timmy C with pressure and Hahn the raging bull forward. Josh Hill and Harbrow standing up. And most of the team re-signing for a bright future.

No real off-field dramas to speak of except the embarrassing number of non-members and a great facility.

We still have a heap of work to do, but by all experts predictions and many of us. We exceeded expectations, now we've just got to keep proving people wrong.

But for this fraction of a second, F*** we did well and i'm very happy thus far.

Well done Western Bulldogs and everyone from President & CEO to head trainer who is suspended. Great advancement boys, i can say i'm very proud of my club for the home and away season. (Been a while since i could say that).

And finals, been a long time between drinks for top 3.

I love my club.

bornadog
31-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Very well said 42-C-3. .

Well said and I am sure we all feel the same.

We have the talent to make the GF and then anything can happen.

LostDoggy
31-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes, well said.

Im a damn happy fan regardless of what happens in the finals.

Biggest improvers for sure...even if no-one has said it yet, we all know it.

12th to 3rd...Damn fine.

Great to see our recruits pulling their weight for us too in Hudson, Welsh & Akermanis..who ever said recruiting older players was a bad idea? ;)

I dont remember going to a Doggies final, now i get to goto 2...

Happiness is a great thing :D

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I dont think anyones disappointed, but most of us here want nothing more than to see our team win a premierships, so...we are delighted that our destiny is in our own hands.

Winning Friday night will give us our best opportunity to get to the big dance.

But in terms of reflecting on the year, whilst its obvious we have improved markedly in many areas, we just cant assess the year until the finals are over.

The opportunity in front of us is so great we just dont have time to smell the roses

KT31
31-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes, well said.

Im a damn happy fan regardless of what happens in the finals.

Biggest improvers for sure...even if no-one has said it yet, we all know it.

12th to 3rd...Damn fine.

Great to see our recruits pulling their weight for us too in Hudson, Welsh & Akermanis..who ever said recruiting older players was a bad idea? ;)

I dont remember going to a Doggies final, now i get to goto 2...

Happiness is a great thing :D

Will be dissapointing if we don't at least play in the Grand Final.

Lets not forget the only reason we finished 12th last season was a dissapointing second half to the season.

Hopefully you mean three winning finals.

Happiness is a great thing but, you say you will be happy to watch the Doggies in two finals, having been to every Bulldog losing prelim since 1985 losing is gut wrenching.

LostDoggy
31-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Well done doggies, players, coaching staff, administration, board and President. A little sad however that our membership was down from last year.

However, just got back from the Adelaide game and was thrilled with the amount of supporters there were for us. My better half thinks around 2000 were there in total. A big difference from a couple of years ago when I went and there was only about 20.:)

strebla
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Its too bloody early to pat each other on the back i don't know about you but i have supported this club for 25 years and I WANT A GRAND FINAL

Sedat
01-09-2008, 01:55 PM
6 wins more than in 2007, and more importantly 2.5 wins more than in 2006 (a truer reflectiion of our gradual progress under Rocket).

However, our season will be rightly defined by how we perform over the next (hopefully) 4 weeks. We won 1 and lost 1 final in 2006 - I would expect to see us improve on this in 2008 as we are stronger, more experienced and a better all-round unit this campaign.

craigsahibee
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
A minimum of 2 wins during the finals and nothing else will be tolerated.

The Underdog
01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
A minimum of 2 wins during the finals and nothing else will be tolerated.

I don't think you get a choice to be honest. I'm afraid if we go 2 and out we'll just have to live with it, unless you want to meet at dawn and raze the club to the ground, comrade.

Rach
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Very excited to finish 3rd! I would never of imagined it at the start of the year :)

bulldogtragic
20-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Bump.

Shoulda-coulda got to the granny, but in any event, down the bottom last year to this point was massive steps.

Another draft and trade period like 2007 and we will be in a good spot with good kids at Willi.

Last nights loss will burn the players (or should), knowing how close they were to it.

Despite the annoyance, i'm happy with 2008.

Now for F*** sake, the public sign up as members in 2009!!!!

macca
20-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Great points, 42-C-3.

Welsh, Hudson, Hill and Harbrow and Tommy Callan - 5 players have added a lot to our team this year. Good recruiting . Harbrow came from nowhere as a rookie, Welsh and Hudson considered "too old" and Tommy Callan taking his opportunity to play AFL level after being made too long at Geelong. All these guys are hungry and want to play.

Can't wait to see who else will emerge in the seniors next year.

Happy Days
20-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Tommy Callan taking his opportunity to play AFL level after being made too long at Geelong.

The rarely-sighted brother of Tim, I'm guessing?