PDA

View Full Version : O/T Leigh Matthews Resigns

Topdog
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Bit of a shock to me. Thought he would stick around for 1 more year before the parade to have Voss back as coach.

Wonder what that will do for the Brown saga?

Go_Dogs
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, didn't see it coming. Think Brisbane could be around the mark for finals the next year or two as well.

Sedat
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Gary March gives Richmond 5/10, despite having a difficult draw and coming of a pathetic 3 wins and a wooden spoon last season.

Teflon now looking at topping up his list with some big names in 2009 because he knows that finals football in 2009 is the bare minimum requirement for him to keep his job.

Sounds to me like the Richmond hierarchy is big time into Lethal Leigh's ear about the senior coaching job at Tigerland. Credit to Teflon, he can sniff the changing winds from a mile off.

Rocket Science
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Bit of a shock to me. Thought he would stick around for 1 more year before the parade to have Voss back as coach.

Wonder what that will do for the Brown saga?

Brown's apparently just re-signed as part of these developments.

ledge
01-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Well thats pretty obvious Brown and Matthews werent getting on then.

Sockeye Salmon
01-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Does that give Aker a bit more credibility now?

GetDimmaBack
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM

I think Brown's already apologised to Aker for bagging him when he & Matthews were at loggerheads...

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Probably in respect to his spat with Matthews. I thought they kissed and made up somewhat?

People make fun of Aker because he calls a spade a spade. He has always been honest and answered questions with what he believes. He is like a breath of fresh air instead of being a regular footballer dead beat.

Sedat
01-09-2008, 11:26 PM
A work colleague of mine is close family friends with one of the current Brisbane player's fathers. Legend has it that Lethal was unbelievably scathing to the senior playing group following the 2004 grand final loss and basically arseholed them for the next 12 months - assistant coaches were basically the bridge between the coach and the players. I'm not surprised that the players have recently been less than decisive when given the opportunity to publicly hose down the rumoured rift between Lethal and the players. Basically not a single Brisbane player has made any real effort to refute these claims. Aker being Aker was obviously sacrificed at the time.

Throughandthrough
02-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Another story (told by Aker at a function i was at, just after he quit Brisbane but before signing with the Dogs) is that Matthews made them do the Kokoda Track in pre-season, and it normally takes 6(?) days and they did it in 3 or 4 days.

They then flew back to Brisbane, looking for a rest, but apparently training continued without a vreak/recovery time, much to Akker's disgust. But what riled him more was that Lethal gave himself the next week off,,,

hujsh
02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Another story (told by Aker at a function i was at, just after he quit Brisbane but before signing with the Dogs) is that Matthews made them do the Kokoda Track in pre-season, and it normally takes 6(?) days and they did it in 3 or 4 days.

They then flew back to Brisbane, looking for a rest, but apparently training continued without a vreak/recovery time, much to Akker's disgust. But what riled him more was that Lethal gave himself the next week off,,,

Well he'd need it. Haven't you seen the footage of him on Before the game watching the game closely;)

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Well he'd need it. Haven't you seen the footage of him on Before the game watching the game closely;)
The one where he looked dead?
Very funny stuff.

hujsh
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
The one where he looked dead?
Very funny stuff.

exactly