PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Brown Signs With Brisbane

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
LIONS captain Jonathan Brown has confirmed he will stay in Brisbane after agreeing to terms with the club

Haha @ Collingwood fans hopeful he would come to the dark side. :D

Source:

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=66749

ledge
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
After or before Matthews resigned??

craigsahibee
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
LIONS captain Jonathan Brown has confirmed he will stay in Brisbane after agreeing to terms with the club

Source:

Where are all of these morons from Collingwood and Carlton who have been claiming that Brown was signed sealed and delivered for next year. God they $hit me.

Looks like both clubs will have to fight over Cousins and Kerr, and I believe each of those players are a good fit for both clubs. Two individuals of questionable standards would fit in quite nicely with that filth.

westdog54
01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
After or before Matthews resigned??

My exact thoughts when the two stories broke.

I don't usually buy into conspiaracy theories, but this smacked of "He goes or I go".

ledge
01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I know who I would rather have and If it was the case Brisbane went the right way.
Now for the stupid move, Voss as coach.

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 07:38 PM
You should have heard Voss on 10's sport.
Never heard so much ducking, dogding and contradictions.
Its a bad move for Brisbane if they get him.

ledge
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Apparently he has asked for a release from West Coast and got it.
Got me thinking did Matthews not want Voss to get the job, waiting until Voss had gone to West Coast?
Think Matthews had probably had his run anyway, no one gets on with everyone and once the playing leaders are sick of you "thats all folks"
I dont care how good a coach you are eventually you make enemies of people who have the say.
Voss as coach, as far as I am concerned they might as well ask Royce Hart.

GetDimmaBack
01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Apparently he has asked for a release from West Coast and got it.
Got me thinking did Matthews not want Voss to get the job, waiting until Voss had gone to West Coast?
Think Matthews had probably had his run anyway, no one gets on with everyone and once the playing leaders are sick of you "thats all folks"
I dont care how good a coach you are eventually you make enemies of people who have the say.
Voss as coach, as far as I am concerned they might as well ask Royce Hart.

Was just thinking the same thing.

An untried coach who is going to be "the next big thing"...just like Hart, Tony Shaw and Tim Watson.

Rocket Science
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Caught his Channel 10 whitewash...Voss is possibly the most inarticulate boofhead in football...and that's no mean feat.

I pity Brissy if he gets the gig.

strebla
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I was hoping Brown left i really like him but i despise brisbane as much as i hate the tigers

GetDimmaBack
01-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I was hoping Brown left i really like him but i despise brisbane as much as i hate the tigers

How could you despise anyone as much as the Tigers, strebla?

Dancin' Douggy
01-09-2008, 10:11 PM

Source:

No. No. No. This is completely wrong.
Jonathan Brown is DEFINITELY playing for Carlton and Collingwood next year. And probably Richmond as well

bornadog
01-09-2008, 10:54 PM

I hate Brown, I think he is a big bully, good footballer but full of himself and a bully.

westdog54
02-09-2008, 02:22 AM
You should have heard Voss on 10's sport.
Never heard so much ducking, dogding and contradictions.
Its a bad move for Brisbane if they get him.

I heard someone on the Radio this afternoon basically say the club should not even worry about an interview process and give Voss the job.

Isn't that what we did with Peter Rhode?

Cyberdoggie
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I heard someone on the Radio this afternoon basically say the club should not even worry about an interview process and give Voss the job.

Isn't that what we did with Peter Rhode?

Apparently he has just accepted it.

How unfortunate for Brisbane.

westdog54
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Apparently he has just accepted it.

How unfortunate for Brisbane.

He has indeed.

I love Brisbane's thinking here.

"Ok Guys, in 3 years time we're going to have a club with a powerful football club and a strong list just down the road, we should very carefully consider our new coach here"

"Nah, we'll just hire Vossy''

"But he's got no experience"

"Yeah, but he's Vossy, he'll be right"

strebla
04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
He has indeed.

I love Brisbane's thinking here.

"Ok Guys, in 3 years time we're going to have a club with a powerful football club and a strong list just down the road, we should very carefully consider our new coach here"

"Nah, we'll just hire Vossy''

"But he's got no experience"

"Yeah, but he's Vossy, he'll be right"
Interesting decision this typical narrow minded Queensland attitude so if it all goes wrong no worries we are the bad news bears the afl will bail us out how moronic not to at least interview candidates