PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cleared

bornadog
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Joke of a report, now lets get on with it.

hujsh
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Good. Glad it's been thrown out early.

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Right now, 'lake' and 'cleared', in that order, are the two most beautiful words in the English language...

but to be strictly accurate, if you were clearing a lake shouldn't it be 'Lake dredged'?

Rach
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Good to see sanity prevailed!

Dancin' Douggy
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Poor Mantis must be really disappointed.

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Yes, that was perhaps the stupidest thing I've seen written in quite some time. I'd take Lake with his occasional brain fade any day.

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't beleive Mantis honestly thought that. I agree with him in Lake's form not being the greatest of late.

The Pie Man
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Right now, 'lake' and 'cleared', in that order, are the two most beautiful words in the English language...

but to be strictly accurate, if you were clearing a lake shouldn't it be 'Lake dredged'?

Reminds me of Mr Burns looking for the Lochness monster ....'bring me...the de-lochinator'

westdog54
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Yes, that was perhaps the stupidest thing I've seen written in quite some time. I'd take Lake with his occasional brain fade any day.

Mantis is a passionate bloke, but somehow I doubt he actually wanted Lake out of the side. Just letting some anger out.

bornadog
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Mantis is a passionate bloke, but somehow I doubt he actually wanted Lake out of the side. Just letting some anger out.

I feel like Mantis sometimes when Lake has a brain fade. Love him dearly, but please Brian, don't think, just bounce run and kick the ball to someone down the field, preferably 50 metres away, not those silly little chip passes.

Mantis
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Gee I missed all this.

I didn't actually mean it. I just have been really frustrated with Lake's effort's over the past few weeks. He does some great things, but usually undoes this good work with some equally dumb things.

His challenge on Stevens was dumb, he should have been either trying to smother the ball or tackle the opponent. The bump was silly and could have got him in trouble.

I'm glad Lake is playing this week, as we need him, but am hopeful not confident that he will perform the role we need him to.

bornadog
03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Gee I missed all this.

I didn't actually mean it. I just have been really frustrated with Lake's effort's over the past few weeks. He does some great things, but usually undoes this good work with some equally dumb things.

His challenge on Stevens was dumb, he should have been either trying to smother the ball or tackle the opponent. The bump was silly and could have got him in trouble.

I'm glad Lake is playing this week, as we need him, but am hopeful not confident that he will perform the role we need him to.

What about last Saturday when Gilbee stuffed up the kick in, it landed in Lakes arms and then he proceeded to hand it back:D

He needs to be at his best this week as I think Roughhead can be more dangerous than Franklin, especially set shots.

Mantis
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
He needs to be at his best this week as I think Roughhead can be more dangerous than Franklin, especially set shots.

If I was Hawthorn I would be directing most of my forward entries through Roughead, especially on the lead.