C: Stuart Dew, Sam Mitchell, Chance Bateman
HF: Cyril Rioli, Michael Osborne, Shane Crawford
F: Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Campbell Brown
Foll: Robert Campbell, Jordan Lewis, Brad Sewell
I/C: Rick Ladson, Brent Renouf, Mark Williams, Clinton Young
EMG: Xavier Ellis, Jarryd Morton, Cameron Stokes

In: Crawford
Out: Xavier Ellis

I doubt Brown will play, so Ellis will be in.

bornadog
04-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Just as we thought.

bornadog
04-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Emergencies are all talls.

AFL named Brain Lake at CHB ---------- Mantis will be happy.

(PS I edited the above team)

Dry Rot
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Emergencies are all talls

I don't recall seeing that before.

And the bench is all smalls.

bornadog
04-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't recall seeing that before.

And the bench is all smalls.

Actually DR, I think we have the best team available in. I can't see any other players that could have made it. Those talls have not really being playing that well.

Our best team is missing West, Williams and Addison, however, they have given Harbrow, Hill and Higgins an opportunity. (Higgins is normally part of our best 22, but he has been injured so not really in the best this season, but there is no other choice)

Dry Rot
04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Actually DR, I think we have the best team available in. I can't see any other players that could have made it. Those talls have not really being playing that well.

Our best team is missing West, Williams and Addison, however, they have given Harbrow, Hill and Higgins an opportunity. (Higgins is normally part of our best 22, but he has been injured so not really in the best this season, but there is no other choice)

BAD I agree re how well those talls have been playing - I just hope it doesn't mean a last minute switch for an injured Hudson.

LostDoggy
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
SECOND QUALIFYING FINAL
HAWTHORN v WESTERN BULLDOGS

Western Bulldogs

B: Lindsay Gilbee, Dale Morris, Tim Callan
HB: Ryan Griffen, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Giansiracusa
I/C: Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Shaun Higgins, Farren Ray
EMG: Andrejs Everitt, Wayde Skipper, Stephen Tiller

In: Hudson, Ray
Out: Sam Reid, Wayde Skipper

I like it - feeling confident. Fire up Doggies! Run them off their feet. Anyone hear if Hudson is a certainty?

GVGjr
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I like it - feeling confident. Fire up Doggies! Run them off their feet. Anyone hear if Hudson is a certainty?

That could be a real bonus for us. They have us covered for height but if we can control the ball and use our pace then we have a great chance to win this one.

My tickets have just arrived, I am leaving work early tomorrow and I can't wait to get there.

GVGjr
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
It's like that, isn't it?

I've struggled to get excited for the last 6 weeks and at times I have even found it a bit of a chore to get off to the games, except for the Williamstown ones, but everything has changed in the last week.

hujsh
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
That could be a real bonus for us. They have us covered for height but if we can control the ball and use our pace then we have a great chance to win this one.

deja vu to 2006. Let's hope it lasts till this round finishes

Mantis
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Pretty much how I thought it would be.

Looks like we are chucking all our eggs into the one basket and hoping that our midfield get's on top. I suppose that has been our strength all year, but I would prefer us to have a contingency plan if things go awol. Oh well, let's hope this team can get the job done.

Throughandthrough
04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
If hudson is in doubt of injuring whatever he has further by playing, i'd leave him out.

If (by a miracke) we win he gets another week off

If we lose, we have a final chance.

I'd hate to win this but lose Hudson for a month. (Well i wouldn't really, but you know what i mean...)

1eyedog
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Run doggies run doggies run run run you'll fool those Hawthorn blokes because they're dumb dumb dumb.

Max469
04-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I've struggled to get excited for the last 6 weeks and at times I have even found it a bit of a chore to get off to the games, but everything has changed in the last week.

Same for me too.

But now I am so pumped.

The jacket got worn to work today - really getting into it.

I have had a hard 6 weeks, with having to deal with 2 deaths (brother and a dear friend) so I am hoping the boys will give me something to smile about.

1eyedog
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Same for me too.

But now I am so pumped.

I have had a hard 6 weeks, with having to deal with 2 deaths (brother and a dear friend) so I am hoping the boys will give me something to smile about.

I am really sorry to hear about that. I hope the Doggies put a big smile on your face tomorrow night as well.

bornadog
04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Same for me too.

But now I am so pumped.

Sympathies to you and your family.

Come on dogs cheer up Max 469

bornadog
04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
BAD I agree re how well those talls have been playing - I just hope it doesn't mean a last minute switch for an injured Hudson.

Lets hope he is ok.

Played a great game for Adelaide in last years finals against the Hawks and has been one of the real differences for us this year.

The Coon Dog
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
I am really sorry to hear about that. I hope the Doggies put a big smile on your face tomorrow night as well.

Ditto. Sorry to hear that Max.

Max469
04-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Thank you everyone, your kind words are very much appreciated.

Go Dogs

bornadog
04-09-2008, 10:13 PM
How lucky is Higgins to be playing finals. With both West and Williams out, I doubt he would have been included. We need him to fire up tomorrow and show us the skill we know he has.

Mantis
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
How lucky is Higgins to be playing finals. With both West and Williams out, I doubt he would have been included. We need him to fire up tomorrow and show us the skill we know he has.

Extremely lucky. If it was my choice he wouldn't be playing, he hasn't been able to adapt to the pace of the game over the past 2 weeks and with the speed likely to increase again tomorrow I'm not sure how he will go.

But in saying this he will probably play a blinder, we can only hope.

bornadog
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Extremely lucky. If it was my choice he wouldn't be playing, he hasn't been able to adapt to the pace of the game over the past 2 weeks and with the speed likely to increase again tomorrow I'm not sure how he will go.

But in saying this he will probably play a blinder, we can only hope.

Trained the house down on Tuesday, looked sharp and skillfull, so hope he brings that into the game.

LostDoggy
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Probably the best team we can put on the park IMO

I just watched Rohan Connolly's preview and he's on the Dogs to upset Hawthorn:)

Rocket Science
05-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Trained the house down on Tuesday, looked sharp and skillfull, so hope he brings that into the game.

Higgins has looked that way on the track from day one...it's how he adapts his obvious talents to the pace of a game, and a final no less, that'll demonstrate his worth to us.

Enough with the stop Buddy obsession, we'll beat these pricks by taking it up to them and forcing them to react to us, not the other way 'round...and the only way we can pull that off is if our mids play their brains out.

Mantis
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Higgins has looked that way on the track from day one...it's how he adapts his obvious talents to the pace of a game, and a final no less, that'll demonstrate his worth to us.

But how will he be judged if he doesn't cut the mustard tonight or the upcoming finals?

The easy option would be blame his lack of game time due to his injuries (which no doubt has played a part) or do we need to look at his worth more closely?

Rocket Science
05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
But how will he be judged if he doesn't cut the mustard tonight or the upcoming finals?

The easy option would be blame his lack of game time due to his injuries (which no doubt has played a part) or do we need to look at his worth more closely?

Pretty straight forward...simply judge the bloke according to his deeds, as with anyone else in the squad.

Higgins has match-winning abilities, he's part of a strong finals outfit, and once picked is rightfully expected to contribute.

The Pie Man
05-09-2008, 01:49 PM
We need Welsh to kick 4-5 goals tonight, this is his time to step up.

GVGjr
05-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Whats the odds on a late change? I suspect there will be one and I'm not sure if it will be Hudson.

I'm really looking forward to tonight ;)

G-Mo77
05-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Whats the odds on a late change? I suspect there will be one and I'm not sure if it will be Hudson.

I hope your not insinuating that one of our players will be out tonight!

The Underdog
05-09-2008, 05:48 PM

I'm also really looking forward to tonight, but I'm also ****ing nervous as all hell.

Of course there'll be a late change, it's Rocket coaching, he's mad for a late change.

GVGjr
05-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm also really looking forward to tonight, but I'm also ****ing nervous as all hell.

Of course there'll be a late change, it's Rocket coaching, he's mad for a late change.

I'm tot really nervous at all, just full on excitement for what should be a great night.

Chris Grant is speaking at the function I am going to and that will just top off the night nicely.

Sockeye Salmon
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm tot really nervous at all, just full on excitement for what should be a great night.

Chris Grant is speaking at the function I am going to and that will just top off the night nicely.

Chris Grant will be a late inclusion?

You ****ing ripper!