PDA

View Full Version : Turned The TV off

LostDog
05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I have waited for this moment for the last 7 years and we blow it

NoName
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I still have it on, but with the sound turned off.

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm shattered after waiting all season for this moment.

LostDog
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
What do you do this team that has been fielded is disgusting, i cant believe i am so negative but this worse than last year

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 10:43 PM
What do you do this team that has been fielded is disgusting, i cant believe i am so negative but this worse than last year

Let me throw these names at you and tell e if you can remember them doing anything?

Hahn, Murphy, Cooney, Cross, Johnson, Hudson, Boyd, Ray, Welsh, Higgins, Gilbee, Eagleton

bulldogtragic
05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
To my shame, for the first time ever, i have left a dogs game at half time.

I am outraged, furious, pissed off, anger, frustrated, disappointed, disgusted etc etc etc

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 10:49 PM

I am outraged, furious, pissed off, anger, frustrated, disappointed, disgusted etc etc etc

Mate, I feel like getting on a plane and dumping a big pile of dog shit on the Whitten Oval doorstep.

NoName
05-09-2008, 10:50 PM

I don't blame you.

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I've turned it off. Can anyone think of any positives to take from this game?

NoName
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM

No sorry - I can't see any positives.

LostDog
05-09-2008, 10:55 PM
the siren?

bulldogtragic
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes. Happy we didn't sign Farren Ray to 3 years. I have been a strong supporter of his, i will not be defending him on tonights performance.

LostDog
05-09-2008, 11:00 PM
its not Farren's fault we went in thinking we were going to win, 7 weeks we had to think about this.
Im sorry but the window is looking sadly shut after Hawks and Cats soon the Gold Coast ubless we get 4 shaved yeti like players as key posi players we will always be a dreamer

hmmm pick 5 western bulldogs Lance Buddy Franklin why do i have this nightmare

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Yes. Happy we didn't sign Farren Ray to 3 years. I have been a strong supporter of his, i will not be defending him on tonights performance.

Yep I don't think Farren is the type of player we need on our list. West must play on and Eagleton MUST retire.

LostDog
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Hill and Harbrow suprising

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Hill and Harbrow suprising

Both showed a bit I thought. I think we really lack leadership on the field at times.

LostDog
05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
ok now we must take this to next week

LostDog
05-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Again trade Lake for Glass

LostDoggy
05-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Again trade Lake for Glass

You really think West Coast would agree to that one?

osakabulldog
05-09-2008, 11:08 PM
devastated, cant find any other words right now

LostDog
05-09-2008, 11:15 PM
im actually thinking that this may work in our favour, down and out against all odds
we have a history of knocking off the geelongs of the world

Dry Rot
05-09-2008, 11:16 PM
devastated, cant find any other words right now

Are you really surprised after the past 6 weeks?

osakabulldog
05-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Are you really surprised after the past 6 weeks?

yes i am. theres losing and then theres this

Rocket Science
05-09-2008, 11:31 PM

No, but I'm sure the club will find some...they've made an art form of that this year.

EDIT: Oh I know!...We outscored them in the last quarter!...And we'll naturally take that form into next weeks game!

cinder
05-09-2008, 11:50 PM
im actually thinking that this may work in our favour, down and out against all odds
we have a history of knocking off the geelongs of the world

I admire your optimism LostDog but it seems to me the only thing we have a history of is choking in finals whether it be straight away like tonight, or in the pre-lim.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2008, 11:53 PM
I have waited for this moment for the last 7 years and we blow it

Yep, I only lasted to half way into the 3rd quarter.
We might have another chance next week... but on tonight's form we'd be lucky to worry the Demons next week.

BulldogBelle
05-09-2008, 11:54 PM
The performance tonight made me want to spew up...will be in a foul mood for a while now

Beaten so many times in the centre clearances, sick of our soft 'outside' midfields (less Cross/Griff), skill errors and lack of intensity

Next year will be a great opportunuity for Ward, Addison, Reid and co to get regular games at the expense of Ray and Eagleton (traded and delisted respectively)

Mofra
06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I am officially off the "try to defend Eagleton" bandwagon.
Ray's disposal was woeful tonight
Tim Callan needs to buy better boots

Terrible football. No thought or method, just outplayed.

Rocket Science
06-09-2008, 12:22 AM
You can officially add Ray to Clayton's list of 1st round balls-ups

He's not the only culprit this eve, just the one with the highest draft position.

In fact, anyone not named Cross or Morris can get stuffed.

LostDoggy
06-09-2008, 12:26 AM
This is what I don't get -- why would, when you have 50 meters of space in front of you, turn to the side and kick it sidewards, when you could pelt 50 meters forward or at least kick it to the advantage of your forwards?

And I ask, how does one whittle down a 40 point deficit by kicking the ball around in the backline and then turning it over by hand just outside the 50?

Eagle's career is over. If he can't kick it anymore he offers absolutely zero value.

Farren Ray is pointless - let's cut our losses and throw him on the Richard Tambling "wasted early pick on skinny kid with no pressure skills" pile. Richmond will trade for him, and..

GOOD RIDDANCE SCOTT CLAYTON -- maybe we'll find someone who can recruit AFL quality talls who don't break down every two weeks. I mean, every other club can do it.

--

Now to win next week then go on to get massacred by Geelong in yet another preliminary final.

The Pie Man
06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
This is what I don't get -- why would, when you have 50 meters of space in front of you, turn to the side and kick it sidewards, when you could pelt 50 meters forward or at least kick it to the advantage of your forwards?

And I ask, how does one whittle down a 40 point deficit by kicking the ball around in the backline and then turning it over by hand just outside the 50?

Eagle's career is over. If he can't kick it anymore he offers absolutely zero value.

Farren Ray is pointless - let's cut our losses and throw him on the Richard Tambling "wasted early pick on skinny kid with no pressure skills" pile. Richmond will trade for him, and..

GOOD RIDDANCE SCOTT CLAYTON -- maybe we'll find someone who can recruit AFL quality talls who don't break down every two weeks. I mean, every other club can do it.

--
Now to win next week then go on to get massacred by Geelong in yet another preliminary final.

Well put....everything I compleeeetley agree with - I wonder if Tim Walsh's body had held up if the 'no talls' reality of our list could be different (but again you did say talls that 'don't break down') Jarrad Grant's & Tom William's preseason's are the most important things for the club to focus on.

Whoever is the new recruiter needs to be on the lookout for the next Reiwoldt/Roughead (I won't say Franklin, he's a freak and won't come around again)

1eyedog
06-09-2008, 01:03 AM
I'll just my mouth cause I've had a few and dont want the wrath of the Bulldogs

wb_age
06-09-2008, 01:09 AM
the siren?
Not even, i struggled to hear the siren tonight..

W W Biscuit
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Both showed a bit I thought. I think we really lack leadership on the field at times.

Yes, try ALL the time. This is perhaps the aspect that I am most disappointed with. We were outclassed by Hawthorn - hard to swallow, but I'll reluctantly cop that. However, time and again, this team has proven itself to be introverted, insipid and wobbly-kneed when any serious expectation has been placed upon them. The signs of the Rohde era were not good, and really, the nucleus of that team have continued to be highly suspect in the area of mental strength. We need generation change - not a firesale of our talented players, but a drafting policy that seriously addresses the lack of natural leadership in the group. I am sick of seeing the lethargic energy levels, second guessing and uninspired body language. That hurts more than anything else really.

katemeehan
06-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Gutted.
Stayed till the end, I couldnt leave. From the top level it was devastating to see the number of empty seats in the bulldog-dominated seating bays.
So disapointed in every aspect.
The only person I have praise for is Hilly, an not even he did anything amazing.
Too angry now.
Talk later.

DOG GOD
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Devistated but predictable considering our last 7 weeks....we're not in the hawks or cats league, and this proved it...it was always going to be the case of whatever buddy kicked that was going to be our losing margin.

Our backline was destroyed, no thanks to our mids who showed no accountability at all.

LONG LONG WAY TO GO before this team makes a grand final.:(

easybeat
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
And the club wonder why people don't re-sign as members.
Because they're probably sick to death of having their expectations lifted
sky high, only to be left with their dreams in taters. Fading out year after year.
This club seem to always break my f*@#ing spirit.
YOUR KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
And the club wonder why people don't re-sign as members.
Because they're probably sick to death of having their expectations lifted
sky high, only to be left with their dreams in taters. Fading out year after year.
This club seem to always break my f*@#ing spirit.
YOUR KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. every damn year I buy myself a membership, I always hope that we will go well and I always defend them when others speak poorly of the bulldogs, but all that this has given me is year after year after year of heartbreak. I am tired of having to say that we will do better next year, bulldog supporters have had to say this every year since 1955.

gohardorgohome
06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
To all of you that left early, you show no character whatsoever. Weak as PISS. If our team shows no spirit at least our supporters can.

I've never left a game early in my life.

Topdog
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
To all of you that left early, you show no character whatsoever. Weak as P15S. If our team shows no spirit at least our supporters can.

If the players show no character, why do they deserve my support?
I left 10 minutes early, quite simply could not take any more of the shit.

hujsh
06-09-2008, 10:50 PM
To all of you that left early, you show no character whatsoever. Weak as PISS. If our team shows no spirit at least our supporters can.

Should they go hard or go home?:)

LostDoggy
06-09-2008, 10:52 PM

Well done on sitting through the pain. But to say I have no character is a bit rough. No offence intended it was my $130 that I spent and if I choose to leave early thats my choice just as it is yours to stay. I for one couldn't be botherd watching that crap that was served up to only be crammed on a train full of the oposition saying how good it was to watch I would rather have a full body wax than put up with that.

gohardorgohome
06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Well done on sitting through the pain. But to say I have no character is a bit rough. No offence intended it was my $130 that I spent and if I choose to leave early thats my choice just as it is yours to stay. I for one couldn't be botherd watching that crap that was served up to only be crammed on a train full of the oposition saying how good it was to watch I would rather have a full body wax than put up with that.

I think it is a cop out and you and all that left early show a lack of character......anyone who leaves early and has a crack at the players for a lack of character is a hypocrite.
The players and supporters should dig deep and beat Sydney next week.

LostDoggy
06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
What an absolute load of crap. The players are getting paid to go out there and have a bloody dip which they certainly didn't do last night. They need to start remembering that without us supporters supporting the club there is no club. Leaving during the game should make the players aware that what they are serving up is absolute crap and they should be worrid about their future.

We paid for the privilege to go and watch the game. If they are not going to show any heart or pride in pulling on the colours why should we have to stand by them?

(By the way I did stay last night but obviously don't blame those that left)

craigsahibee
06-09-2008, 11:54 PM
What an absolute load of crap. The players are getting paid to go out there and have a bloody dip which they certainly didn't do last night. They need to start remembering that without us supporters supporting the club there is no club. Leaving during the game should make the players aware that what they are serving up is absolute crap and they should be worrid about their future.

We paid for the privilege to go and watch the game. If they are not going to show any heart or pride in pulling on the colours why should we have to stand by them?

(By the way I did stay last night but obviously don't blame those that left)

Because you're a member and a f@#$in' supporter that's why. Have a look at what they've achieved this year. Pull your collective heads in and stick with 'em. We're not blessed with superstars like some other teams, but I wake up each morning and think i'm f@#$in' lucky to be a bulldogs supporter.

Apologies for the language but sometimes only certain words will do.

The Pie Man
07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
We left just before 3 quarter time, arrived at Jolimont station and even saw a Hawks fan there - my brother said 'thought you'd hang around' his reply was 'seen it all before'

A little random

Been a member my entire adult life, will continue to be, and will continue to leave games at 3 qtr time if we're 10 goals down. No shame in it for mine, power to you if you feel compelled to stick it out to the bitter end, just don't attack others for doing something different.

The Underdog
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM

Congratulations.
I left at the 22 minute mark of the last when Franklin took a mark 40 out because I couldn't bare to watch that ****wit kick another (he missed). I'm not sure what's weak about leaving early. Do you stick through a crap movie to the end, never change the channel midway through a TV show or turn up and stay till the end of the support band, never leaving to buy a drink even if they suck?

Different people react differently. I'm not sure leaving early is a sign of weakness, frustration perhaps, disappointment for sure. Anyway, apparently you went hard, many of us went home...early.

gohardorgohome
07-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Congratulations.
I left at the 22 minute mark of the last when Franklin took a mark 40 out because I couldn't bare to watch that ****wit kick another (he missed). I'm not sure what's weak about leaving early. Do you stick through a crap movie to the end, never change the channel midway through a TV show or turn up and stay till the end of the support band, never leaving to buy a drink even if they suck?
Different people react differently. I'm not sure leaving early is a sign of weakness, frustration perhaps, disappointment for sure. Anyway, apparently you went hard, many of us went home...early.

It does not matter....these are things that you have not had (hopefully) a life long affiliation with ......get to the game and Friday and stay till the end......

The Underdog
07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
It does not matter....these are things that you have not had (hopefully) a life long affiliation with ......get to the game and Friday and stay till the end......

I don't know, I've been watching TV for a while, anyway, here's hoping they give everyone a reason to stay.

Topdog
07-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Got to the game early and got my hopes and entire weekend shattered by that pathetic effort. Give me 1 good reason to stay til the end of that display and I will.

LostDoggy
07-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Because you're a member and a f@#$in' supporter that's why. Have a look at what they've achieved this year. Pull your collective heads in and stick with 'em. We're not blessed with superstars like some other teams, but I wake up each morning and think i'm f@#$in' lucky to be a bulldogs supporter.

Apologies for the language but sometimes only certain words will do.

Look at what they have done this year. Exactly the same as last year. Started off strongly and finished off $hit house. If they're only going to play half a year they can expect their membership to drop again next year.

mjp
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Look at what they have done this year. Exactly the same as last year. Started off strongly and finished off $hit house. If they're only going to play half a year they can expect their membership to drop again next year.

Last year we limped through the first half - winning 9 of 16. We were just barely going and certainly not playing that well. This year has been very different...this year has also brought hope as the side running around is a lot younger/inexperienced than last years group.

I always stay to the end. Fine. I never (rarely) abuse the umpires. I never (rarely) bag the opposition. Other people respond and act differently which is their prerogative...If people want to leave early, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter - it just means they react differently to frustration. I will never understand people who leave before about the 10-15 min mark of the last quarter - you never know! - but whatever.

That said, if you are talking about not rejoining as a member after the club finished third on the basis of 'lack on on-field effort', then that is a joke and you are not a supporter of the club. When the club folds/gets relocated to outer-Siberia it is you who will be to blame. You want to have a club to support? Pay your membership.

bornadog
07-09-2008, 12:45 PM
That said, if you are talking about not rejoining as a member after the club finished third on the basis of 'lack on on-field effort', then that is a joke and you are not a supporter of the club. When the club folds/gets relocated to outer-Siberia it is you who will be to blame. You want to have a club to support? Pay your membership.

Yes agree MJP..........not too many Golf club members who have a bad day on the course come back to the club house and threaten not to rejoin the club.

Supporters have to get out of the mentality that the footy membership isnot just a ticket to go to matches, but rather a membership of a community of like minded people who support their club through thick and thin. At the end of the day, it only costs about the same as a cup of coffee per week.

LostDoggy
07-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Last year we limped through the first half - winning 9 of 16. We were just barely going and certainly not playing that well. This year has been very different...this year has also brought hope as the side running around is a lot younger/inexperienced than last years group.

I always stay to the end. Fine. I never (rarely) abuse the umpires. I never (rarely) bag the opposition. Other people respond and act differently which is their prerogative...If people want to leave early, it doesn't make them any less of a supporter - it just means they react differently to frustration. I will never understand people who leave before about the 10-15 min mark of the last quarter - you never know! - but whatever.

Common sense respect the fact people react differently and its their choice. I can honestly say that this has been the first game that I have left early on my own accord. The 1st was because my Grand Father had a heart attack and I had to leave. (Not sure if that lacks character.)

I am still filthy on the efforts but footy is a funny game and it can be turned around. I look forward to calling up Ticketmaster on Monday and reserving my ticket once again and handing over my hard earned to attend our next game. There is nothing we can do now about last Fridays game except move on and prepare for our next challenge, Sydney.

And people that hold the club to ransom with memberships well I don't even think it is worth while even comenting on.

gohardorgohome
07-09-2008, 12:54 PM
What's a Hathorn supporter doing on this forum?

Mate.....Im a full member and I have been a doggies supporter since I was a kid and have gone to about 66% of games in Melbourne since 1975.........The only reason that the percentage is so low is that I played footy myself on a Saturday Afternoon for 15 years.

gohardorgohome
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Got to the game early and got my hopes and entire weekend shattered by that pathetic effort. Give me 1 good reason to stay til the end of that display and I will.

Because you are part of the team and teams succeed with solidarity.....not capitulation during tough times!!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Tough times for 54 years. People are slowly getting sick of this. Whenever we look like a good year is on the cards they fall over when the heat is applied.

LostDoggy
07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Dear Lord (or Chris)

Just give me one Grand Final before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Even a Port Power-type pantsing against Geelong, I'll take it and thank you for it and rest easy.

Even wretched Melbourne gave their supporters a recent one. Even the bloody Saints!

Give me strength to make it through this weeks semi final without bitterness towards my swans supporting friends.

Amen

Topdog
07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Because you are part of the team and teams succeed with solidarity.....not capitulation during tough times!!!!!!!!!

So I should have left at the start of the 2nd quarter along with about 20 of our players?

LostDoggy
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
It made absolutely no difference except that I didn't have to catch a train full of Hawthorn supporters home.

I left at three-quarter time and still magaged to cop a trainfull of Hawks supporters.
One lady in particular, raving on at TWO IN THE MORNING that "Buddy was robbed of a goal" OVER AND OVER. Then got started on Hodge and his lack of possesions, ut "what he did with them was good".
I muttered under my breath at her to shut up, then loudly proclaimed, "Yeah well get over it, we were robbed of a TEAM".

Ergh, horrid people.