PDA

View Full Version : This Years Draft

wimberga
09-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Just wondering if those in the know could give us a little bit of a rundown in the player that they think or that we would like to see join the club in this years draft. weve all heard a bit about Ayce Cordy, but what about some of the other kids? I keep hearing about someone Banner? any information about him and other potential draftees would be good to read

ledge
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I watched Banner in the metro state finals, good hard runner, goes in and can kick goals, comes from the Western jets. Small to medium size player i thought, would probably compliment Ward in a few years.

hujsh
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Read that he had 48 touches on Sunday

Happy Days
10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
In a perfect world, Banner would be overlooked by everyone else and fall to us...but if he drops to pick 30-something then there is something seriously wrong with every other recruiting staff in the league...it aint gonna happen.

We need a tall forward who can take a pack mark. And we need it now. Which is why I'm thinking we trade the pick.

hujsh
10-09-2008, 10:46 PM
We need a tall forward who can take a pack mark. And we need it now. Which is why I'm thinking we trade the pick.

And how many teams will give up a suitable key forward who can play decent football for a late 2nd round pick?

Mofra
10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
And how many teams will give up a suitable key forward who can play decent football for a late 2nd round pick?
You'd be tempted to say Freo, or North given their trades for Hay & Thompson. Reality is this is the last live draft before GC17 and we'd hope for at least one live pick in the top 50. I'd keep it.

Go_Dogs
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
In a perfect world, Banner would be overlooked by everyone else and fall to us...but if he drops to pick 30-something then there is something seriously wrong with every other recruiting staff in the league...it aint gonna happen.

I wouldn't be so sure...he's a pretty short guy which will turn quite a few off him early I think or at least hope, based on what I've heard.