PDA

View Full Version : Robert Murphy – 150 Games

BulldogBelle
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Congrats to Robert Murphy, this week all going well we will see him play his 150th game.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/ffximage/2007/04/29/GALL_DOGS_SS2_gallery__327x400,0.jpg

Milestone games – some say they give the team extra motivation to win – others say it makes no difference.

Bob has not had much finals action in his career and played his first final against Hawthorn last Friday night. This week a win for the team would not only forge our way into the next phase of the finals but will also be a day for Murph to fondly remember and that is his 150th game with a smile.

Dancin' Douggy
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I wish him all the best.
Imagine if he could prowl the forward line with some serious key forwards taking the best defenders.
Murph has been punching well above his weight division for years and doing a damn fine job.
Robert, I take my hat off to you.
Good luck.

The Coon Dog
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I hope we get up like the Kangas did against us (Archer, Harvey & Petrie) when there is a milestone game.

Dogs 24/7
He has been top perfomer. When I first saw him play I didnt think he would survive 100 games of league football because he was just so skinny but in the end his class was just so evident. He has had a top season this year.

Scorlibo
Milestone games – some say they give the team extra motivation to win – others say it makes no difference.

I say I hate it when we play an opposition team with a milestone player, because they always seem to win:o. I wish we could play so well with our milestone games, but memories of the 2006 semi-final don't allow me to hold much hope.

LostDoggy
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I say I hate it when we play an opposition team with a milestone player, because they always seem to win:o. I wish we could play so well with our milestone games, but memories of the 2006 semi-final don't allow me to hold much hope.

Just think back to the amazing performance by Brad Johnson in his 300th, what a thrilling way to start a season :D

bornadog
09-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Can't believe he is already playing his 150th, boy does time fly quickly. Hopefully he will fire up this week, we need his silky skills.

firstdogonthemoon
10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Having been posting much lately. Sulking really.

But I love Robert. Really - I can never figure out of if Robert or Adam is my number one.

It is a good problem to have.

Robert is a football sparkle fairy and brings more joy to me than any other footballer.

There I said it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Mantis
10-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Having been posting much lately. Sulking really.

But I love Robert. Really - I can never figure out of if Robert or Adam is my number one.

It is a good problem to have.

Robert is a football sparkle fairy and brings more joy to me than any other footballer.

There I said it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nathan will be heart broken ;).... Did you read what TwoDogs wants to do with his head, oh the horror.

aker39
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't class 150 games as a milestone game.

bornadog
16-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Murphy got back into some sort of form last week.

We need a big game from him this week, we need him to be a match winner and instrumental in many goals and goal assists.

dog town
16-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Didn't anyone notice him getting fairly animated while talking to the playing group straight after half time? I found it really interesting that he was doing all the talking and doing with so much vigour.

Mantis
16-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Didn't anyone notice him getting fairly animated while talking to the playing group straight after half time? I found it really interesting that he was doing all the talking and doing with so much vigour.

Yeah I saw it on the replay. Looked good that some-one who seems so care free was laying down the law (well that's how it looked).

bornadog
17-09-2008, 12:02 AM

Future Captain;)

Go_Dogs
17-09-2008, 10:54 AM

He's definitely captain material, but I think the hardest person to convince would be Murph himself. Great to hear that he was really getting involved and having some voice.