C: Paul Bevan, Jarrad McVeigh, Nick Malceski
HF: Ryan O’Keefe, Adam Goodes, Jarred Moore
F: Darren Jolly, Barry Hall, Jared Crouch
Foll: Peter Everitt, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
I/C: Luke Ablett, Amon Buchanan, Kieren Jack, Patrick Veszpremi
EMG: Craig Bird, Ryan Brabazon, Heath Grundy

FrediKanoute
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
There are probably a few guys who would consider themselves lucky. Personally I'm surprised that Hudson is playing given the persistent rumours about him not being fit etc.

Ray has had an awful year, not helped really by an injury early on. I think last week's game wasn't his best, but to be the only guy dropped would be disappointing.

bornadog
11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
There are probably a few guys who would consider themselves lucky. Personally I'm surprised that Hudson is playing given the persistent rumours about him not being fit etc.

Ray has had an awful year, not helped really by an injury early on. I think last week's game wasn't his best, but to be the only guy dropped would be disappointing.

Shows we don't have too many to choose from to come in, with West, Williams and Addo injured (or recovering), Everitt and Wight not playing well and Ward and Reid not ready for finals football, Street and Skipper only there to fill in if Rucks are injured. Thats it, cupboard is bare.

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I think that is it for Ray, he will be traded.
GAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Do you think Tiller might be pushed forward?

Topdog
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Tiller should be in the back half, got a horrible feeling that Eade is going to put Aker down back again.

G-Mo77
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
No O'Laughlin?

I'm not sure how I feel about the change. I'm kind of happy to see Tiller back in despite what a lot of Bulldogs supporters think. I have a feeling he'll be used forward at some point which I think will help.

Very disappointed to see Addison still not right, hopefully we give him a win and give him a chance at finals action next week.

A few very lucky players this week, they better make the most of it!

bornadog
11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Tiller should be in the back half, got a horrible feeling that Eade is going to put Aker down back again.

Tiller might play where Richards plays. Richards has been picked to play HBB but has gone forward. Tiller can follow him. They are about the same size and weight and a good match up.

Dancin' Douggy
11-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I feel sorry for Ray. He tried to provide run but his disposal and decision making really were awful.
Not sure what Tiller will bring in reality. It's a bit of a ho hum change if you ask me. Not the "shake up" that was being telegraphed.

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
We all expected Ray to be gone..

But out for Tiller? dont know who id prefer

Tiller in my mind is on his last legs too, he hasnt impressed and has been given call ups to the seniors yet hasnt done anything good enough to keep him in there..

I hope he does play a good game..and proves to everyone his position in that side, else he'll just get dropped next week and then we wont see him till pre-season if they decide to keep him..

Happy Days
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Hmmm not looking good for my boy Farren...being dropped for Tiller is a a bad omen.

Agree whole-heartedly with DD, it's a nothing change. Will be interesting to see if the big stage will inspire Tiller and he might do something for a change. Would much rather Everitt in the side.

Dogs 24/7
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Despite some of the comments Eade has been making about our poor form and putting the pressure back on the players we havent actually wielded the axe at all have we ?
I suppose we just dont have the players pressing for a spot but we seem to be talking a bit tougher than what we act on.

Bumper Bulldogs
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm hoping that tiller goes back and Aker forward first up.

We need to be pro-active and Aker will not win us any games off half back. Would've liked to see Skip in for Hutto as we will need the ruck at full strength against the cats.

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Would've liked to see Skip in for Hutto as we will need the ruck at full strength against the cats.
So we have won this week already?

Go_Dogs
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
We all expected Ray to be gone..

But out for Tiller? dont know who id prefer

Tiller in my mind is on his last legs too, he hasnt impressed and has been given call ups to the seniors yet hasnt done anything good enough to keep him in there..

I hope he does play a good game..and proves to everyone his position in that side, else he'll just get dropped next week and then we wont see him till pre-season if they decide to keep him..

Given Tiller is a young tall, I think he has had a pretty good year. He hasn't cemented a spot in the senior 22, but has shown large amounts of improvement across the board, enough so that he should be retained.

ledge
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
What i would like to see is.... Aker back in the forward line, Tiller at full forward or around the area, Hudson or Minson when not rucking, dropping back into the space and stopping Hall getting a lead.
Griffen on the wing running through the centre breaking a tackle, Cooney in the centre and either having long shots or putting it to the square.
Gilbee taking handballs off any free kicks we receive around the forward 50 metre arc.
Gia, Higgins,Aker or Harbrow ready for crumbs or short passing.
To me this is all about attack this week, at no point should we piss around with handballing around in the back line.
Every possesion should be forward , whether an inch or 50 metres.
Johnno, Tiller and Welsh should be our leading marking options.
Attack is when we are unbeatable and we shouldnt be scared to go to 50-50 contests as i believe we have been.
We wont die not knowing this way.

Mofra
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Given Tiller is a young tall, I think he has had a pretty good year. He hasn't cemented a spot in the senior 22, but has shown large amounts of improvement across the board, enough so that he should be retained.

Given Tiller was playing VFL reserves 18-odd months ago, I'm happy with his development. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the pre-season, whether he is on an aggressive weights program or he is kept fairly light & they put heaps of cardio work into him.

LostDoggy
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Put some muscle into the kid so we can get him taking contested marks, would be nice to have a player that can take them 30m out 1on1 or even in a pack

Mantis
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Anyone else hear that rumour that Murphy is a late withdrawl?

Bumper Bulldogs
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
So we have won this week already?

Yes just need to turn up!!!!

Bumper Bulldogs
12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Only a msg sent into SEN stating Callan Ward would replace him.

Have heard also but would think we would go in with a 100% fit side.