PDA

View Full Version : MRP - Any concerns?

The Coon Dog
13-09-2008, 01:22 AM
During tha call tonight Grant Thomas said Ryan Hargrave would have cause for concern & on the way home Billy 'effing dobber' Brownless said Scott Welsh should get a week, much to the delight of the other Geelong sycophant Anthony Hudson.

Anyone see anything I missed?

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2008, 01:23 AM
I didn't see Hargrave's incident?

In Welsh's case, he'll be right. He's lucky he didn't make serious impact, but it was very minimal - he'll play.

Go_Dogs
13-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah, Welsh didn't really connect so should be ok. Lucky though.

Not sure what the Hargrave incident was.

strebla
13-09-2008, 02:17 AM
what else can you expext from that two I saw nothing untoward from our boys although Johno Aker and Higgins might ask why the ball carrier can not be protected

G-Mo77
13-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Didn't see anything? I heard a Bulldogs supporter yelling out about Welsh giving one to Roberts-Thompson so there may have been something there. I'll watch the replay tomorrow.

ledge
13-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Didnt they go Higgins, If Barry gets off it is really a joke, to watch it in slow motion its full on high, deliberate and late.
The sign of a frustrated footballer knowing the team is gone.
Johnno was just pure accident and sometimes i think he plays it up too much at times.

Go_Dogs
13-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Didnt they go Higgins, If Barry gets off it is really a joke, to watch it in slow motion its full on high, deliberate and late.
The sign of a frustrated footballer knowing the team is gone.

Yep, hopefully they rub him out.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Hargraves might be in trouble for late 'attempt' to spoil OKeefe on the forward flank in the second quarter. Not much in it, i think he should be ok, might get a week if everythnig went against him

Go_Dogs
13-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Hargraves might be in trouble for late 'attempt' to spoil OKeefe on the forward flank in the second quarter. Not much in it, i think he should be ok, might get a week if everythnig went against him

Oh yeah, that incident. Wasn't too much in it. Lucky for us, O'Keefe is a tough cookie and didn't drop. Would have been a 50 against Hargrave most weeks I think. Not really reportable for mine.

ledge
13-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Have we got any players on high points or any points?

Rocket Science
13-09-2008, 12:44 PM

It's bloody Hargrave!

All commenators bar Commetti kept calling him Hargraves last night...the freakin ump called him Ryan Hargraves...surely our supporters can get it right.

Anyway, Welsh is lucky he didn't connect properly, would have looked a nasty one with the wildly swinging elbow 'n all...Fingers crossed the MRP is less pedantic than I am with surname pronounciations.

Mofra
13-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Welsh is damn lucky, one inch closer and he would be booking a September holiday now.

Hargrave should get off if Hall's love tap a couple of years back is any indication. Barry will probably escape suspension after 14 years of a blemish free record, any penalty would be heavily discounted one would expect.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 07:03 PM

That happens 5 times a match, he was going for the ball and missed it. Welsh is very lucky that he didn't make contact and Barry's good record might get him off, but it was pretty dirty...Higgins was really in the wars last night and last week too, poor guy keeps copping them.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 07:09 PM
That happens 5 times a match, he was going for the ball and missed it. Welsh is very lucky that he didn't make contact and Barry's good record might get him off, but it was pretty dirty...Higgins was really in the wars last night and last week too, poor guy keeps copping them.

Surely you are not that naive Dalegirl?? Ever heard of 'make him earn it"? Hargrave gave a cheap shot in the Hawthorn game as well, Osbourne i think.

aker39
14-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Even if Welsh gets cited, he has no carry over points and a 5 year clean record, so any penalty should be reduced to under 100 points.

The Coon Dog
14-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Even if Welsh gets cited, he has no carry over points and a 5 year clean record, so any penalty should be reduced to under 100 points.

A39, do you know if there is a website/link anywhere which lists all players carryover points? I know Murph & Huddo do have carryovers, but not too sure about anyone else.

1eyedog
14-09-2008, 10:34 AM
It's bloody Hargrave!

All commenators bar Commetti kept calling him Hargraves last night...the freakin ump called him Ryan Hargraves...surely our supporters can get it right.

Anyway, Welsh is lucky he didn't connect properly, would have looked a nasty one with the wildly swinging elbow 'n all...Fingers crossed the MRP is less pedantic than I am with surname pronounciations.

Yeah but Jerry doesn't support the Bulldogs

LostDoggy
14-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Surely you are not that naive Dalegirl?? Ever heard of 'make him earn it"? Hargrave gave a cheap shot in the Hawthorn game as well, Osbourne i think.

Even if he does do it more than most players, if he hasn't been cited for those previous incidents then they mean nothing.

wb_age
15-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Hargrave and Welsh are all clear to play, the MRP deemed neither have any case to answer.

:)

The Coon Dog
15-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Hargrave and Welsh are all clear to play, the MRP deemed neither have any case to answer.

Phew!!

Thanks for that wb, much appreciated.

bornadog
15-09-2008, 05:08 PM

I couldn't believe Barry got off with that chop to Higgins neck.

The Coon Dog
15-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I couldn't believe Barry got off with that chop to Higgins neck.

Thought you were talking about me there for a sec. :confused:

bornadog
15-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Thought you were talking about me there for a sec. :confused:

:DThe only chop you would throw at Higgins is a lamb Chop, off the Barbie:D