PDA

View Full Version : Hargrave and Giansiracusa

Dogs 24/7
13-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Both of these guys were impressive tonight. Hargrave has shown if get gets the chance to play against guys where he is not over powered he can be very effective either nullifying or getting kicks. He didn't get a lot of the ball but to beat O'Keefe tonight which was exactly what we needed.
Gia is often criticized here and yet given a specific task he more than answered the challenge. Im just watching the replay and he often had a very steely resolve in his body language and probably knew that he had an important role.
They might not have got a lot of stats but both of these players made significant contributions.

There were heaps of other good players tonight like Morris, Callan and Minson but I was impressed with the jobs that both of these guys did.

Bulldogs_6
13-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Agreed, no passengers tonight. IMO our defence was brilliant.
Timmy Callan throwing his body around like there literally is no tomorrow.
Ryan Hargrave blanketing up ROK.
Dale Morris showing he's a glove against Goodesy.
Tiller showed heaps under enormous pressure.
LAKE had a ripper, didn't mind that goal either ;)
++ who could question the kicking skills of Lindsay Gilbee :eek:

ledge
13-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Listening to Channel 7 how many times did they call Hargrave Tiller?
No idea channel 7.
Commetti was bringing out old one liners, they are like Melbourne at the end of the season, tired.

westdog54
13-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Hargrave was absolutely outstanding. By far the best game as a pure defender he's ever played. Beat him in their forward line, beat him on the wing, beat him at half back, O'Keefe never had a sniff. Beautiful to watch.

NoName
13-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Listening to Channel 7 how many times did they call Hargrave Tiller?
No idea channel 7.

SEN were doing the same thing.

dog town
14-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Hargrave has been close to our best player since about round 6. He has barely played a bad game and his versatility has been tremendous. I like that he knows when to play a more defensive game and when to be more attacking.

craigsahibee
14-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Hargrave has been close to our best player since about round 6. He has barely played a bad game and his versatility has been tremendous. I like that he knows when to play a more defensive game and when to be more attacking.

Up until a month ago I thought Hargrave was a huge chance for the Charlie Sutton Medal, but his last 4 weeks have been ordinary. However, on Friday night I thought he, and the rest of the backline were fantastic. Apart from that one effort of Tiller's in the second quarter where he overcomitted to a contest he was never going to get too which gave him no chance of getting to the next one, they were all pretty solid.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Both boys fantastic!

Shaggy has had a very good year & Tiller played like a man who was out of contract. He will take a lot of confidence out of this one and set himself for two in a row.

Ozza
15-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Gia's most important job was manning Kirk at the stoppages....

I don't remember Kirk breaking free with a possession from any of them - well done Gia.

Hargrave has had an outstanding year. And played a terrific game on O'Keefe. All of O'Keefe's possessions were up teh ground and every mark he took was under great pressure.