HB Reid 28 Cloke 34 Everitt 73
C Greene 3 Johnson 10 Stretton 27
HF Picken 18 Wight 37 Jolley 4
F Rose 1 Little 6 Skipper 12
R Street 58 Ward 14 Ray 75
Int Galea 7 Wood 45 Young 52
Boumann 32 O'Keefe 30 Urch 8
Lockwood 29 Beaumont 5

It will be on the TV but I will head along shortly and have a look.

Go_Dogs
13-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Nice, look forward to seeing how these guys go. Great experience for our younger players to be involved in the VFL finals.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Fantastic one point win! Amazing goal by Callum Urch in last minute won it for Willy. This weekend has made the broken leg feel a fraction better.
Well done Williamstown

NoName
13-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Great win by Willy!!

bulldogtragic
13-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Great win by Willy!!
Brilliant Win!!!!!

BulldogBelle
13-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Big last quarter from Everitt.

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Big last quarter from Everitt.

Just got home and it was a terrific win.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Good to see ours seniors aswell as our VFL seniors in the Prelims :D

What about the reserves, they make it too?

hujsh
13-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Could someone write a bit about the game? I missed it.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Heart is still going so fast fromthat game.

I dislike Williamstown a heap, and it was horrible baracking for them today, and celebrating there win, but far out what a game, thats what finals footy is about.

Great win boys.

What happened to Guy Okeefe? seen him leave at half time with his left arm in a sling, Tilz was carrying his bag.

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 07:06 PM
What a game, I watched it on ABC but it would have been great to be there. I thought we were done for with 2 minutes to go, it was great to see Everitt have solid last quarter- if only his kick had gone a metre or two further and he would have had goal of the year.

Edit: Also, has to be the worst display of umpiring in VFL history, I have never seen such inconsistency in all my life.

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Could someone write a bit about the game? I missed it.

It was a real arm wrestle for the full game. Just when a Frankston win looked on the cards, Williamstown got back in it and snatched the victory. Awful umpiring all game and tricky conditions.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I was writing a thesis for most of the game, any dogs listed players do anything of note?

hujsh
13-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Second Semi-Final
13.14-92 Williamstown
TEAC Oval
def.
12.19-91 Frankston
Williamstown
Goal Kickers: C. Urch 3, M. Little 3, C. Ward 2, B. Johnson, W. Skipper, B. Jolley, D. Stretton, G. O''Keefe
Best Players: F. Ray, L. Picken, A. Everitt, C. Urch, S. Meyer, B. Jolley
Frankston
Goal Kickers: C. Proctor 3, M. Lourey 3, T. Dickson 2, D. Limbach, R. Morris, L. Clark, D. Keely
Best Players: A. Raso, R. Morris, B. Barry, D. Corp, T. Dickson, M. Marigliani

Glad too see Everitt did well.

The only passage of the day i saw was F.Ray gave a free away, point to Frankston, Everitt bad kickout, kicked back in and Street gave a free away in front of goal.

So it didn't look good for dogs fans.

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I was writing a thesis for most of the game, any dogs listed players do anything of note?

Sam Reid had a good game and Ray worked very hard and got plenty of the ball. Everitt also played well. Most of the others were a bit inconsistent.

Urchs goal in the last minute sealed the game.

hujsh
13-09-2008, 07:27 PM
What did Everitt do well. Was it poise and skill or good defense?

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 07:30 PM
What did Everitt do well. Was it poise and skill or good defense?

Some decisive runs in the last quarter really stood out. He was solid for most of the game but stepped it up a notch in the last quarter.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2008, 09:18 PM
If all things are a little beaten up re: Farren.

Did he do enough to get back in?

BulldogBelle
13-09-2008, 09:34 PM
How did Addison go?

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 09:49 PM
If all things are a little beaten up re: Farren.

Did he do enough to get back in?

He played very well expect for a few skill errors. No one deserves to be dropped so unless there is an injury it's unlikely that he could play his way back into the side. I still haven't written him off as a footballer.

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 09:56 PM
How did Addison go?

As you would expect he struggled. I think he is the sort of player that takes a while to regain his touch if he misses a few weeks. Some of his kicking was poor.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2008, 10:19 PM
No changes for the Cats then. Thanks GVGjr, very much appreciated.

Bulldog Revolution
14-09-2008, 10:30 AM
He played very well expect for a few skill errors. No one deserves to be dropped so unless there is an injury it's unlikely that he could play his way back into the side. I still haven't written him off as a footballer.

Ray responded as well to the dropping as he could have. So whatever the criticisms of him were/are, he certainly did not mope around and played very well.

Everitt got better as the game went on; his kicking is starting to look deadly again, and he took some nice marks

A lot of our others showed glimpses, but GVG is right, they were inconsistent

Reid probably got more of it as the game wore on also

Wood took one run, where you thought, boy this kid is exciting, but didn't have much influence

Ward got more of it in the second half, and kicked two nice first quarter goals - he has a physical presence for an 18 year old that is rare

The pleasing thing was how well our young guys tackled; Ward, Reid, Wood, Addison all laid bone crunching tackles on Dolphin opponents

Skipper battled hard all day, and was good, Street had perhaps his worst game of the year, Wight was ok, but hardly a factor.

The Pie Man
14-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Everitt got better as the game went on; his kicking is starting to look deadly again, and he took some nice marks

How good was his 3 bounce run and shot at goal in the last quarter? Spew it didn't have 2 more metres on it - I reckon he's a huge chance to be recalled to play on Lonergan, it may seem criminal to suggest this but Harbrow might be in trouble

I will say that I am a massive Jarrod Harbrow fan. Do we think Tiller or Hargrave can play on Lonergan? I lmost think Tiller could play a defensive forward option on Milburn and have Everitt play in defence.

craigsahibee
14-09-2008, 08:28 PM
What a game, I watched it on ABC but it would have been great to be there. I thought we were done for with 2 minutes to go, it was great to see Everitt have solid last quarter- if only his kick had gone a metre or two further and he would have had goal of the year.

Edit: Also, has to be the worst display of umpiring in VFL history, I have never seen such inconsistency in all my life.

Couldn't agree more. From what I saw the umpiring was ordinary and had a huge part in keeping Frankston in the game.

As with Everitt, he was ok for most of the game but his last quarter was fantastic. Definitely made some claims for next Friday night.

Bulldog Revolution
15-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Couldn't agree more. From what I saw the umpiring was ordinary and had a huge part in keeping Frankston in the game.

As with Everitt, he was ok for most of the game but his last quarter was fantastic. Definitely made some claims for next Friday night.

I think the team will go in unchanged but Reid, Wood, Ward, Ray, Everitt all stood up well to the pressure of finals football, and it was a very contested game

Everitt is starting to move and play with the confidence we'd hoped for earlier in the year - he also looks to me like he's grown a little more during the year

Sockeye Salmon
15-09-2008, 11:44 AM
A Willi trainer told me that frees were 18-8 to Frankston at 1/2 time. I didn't pay attention during the 3rd quarter but in the last frees were 7-0 Frankston's way.

Their supporters were Hawthorn-like in the last quarter. That was one of the most satisfying wins I've seen in a long time. The silence from the Frankston group on the siren was beautiful.

Ray was very good. He spent a fair bit of time deep in defence (especially when we were against the wind) and ran the ball out a lot. His kicking was no worse than anyone else's - the wind was effecting kicks by 20m. 70m kicks with the wind and 30m kicks against it.

Everitt was better than just good, especially late in the game. He came within a foot of kicking goal of the year. From the back pocket he left his man and attacked the ball, beat the oncoming player to it, broke though (a pretty weak) tackle, took 3 bounces and let rip from 70-80 out with a gale behind him. It was marked on the goal-line at full stretch.

Skipper started and finished well but did nothing for two quarters.

Guy O'Keefe broke his wrist.

Reid and Ward did what they usually do. Neither were world beaters but both were serviceable. Reid's kicking suffered in the wind.

Street was poo. 7ft tall and took one mark for the game which got taken off him.

Addison was just OK. Like Reid, his kicking was fairly ordinary in the wind.

Mantis
15-09-2008, 11:58 AM
A Willi trainer told me that frees were 18-8 to Frankston at 1/2 time. I didn't pay attention during the 3rd quarter but in the last frees were 7-0 Frankston's way.

Their supporters were Hawthorn-like in the last quarter. That was one of the most satisfying wins I've seen in a long time. The silence from the Frankston group on the siren was beautiful.

Ray was very good. He spent a fair bit of time deep in defence (especially when we were against the wind) and ran the ball out a lot. His kicking was no worse than anyone else's - the wind was effecting kicks by 20m. 70m kicks with the wind and 30m kicks against it.

Everitt was better than just good, especially late in the game. He came within a foot of kicking goal of the year. From the back pocket he left his man and attacked the ball, beat the oncoming player to it, broke though (a pretty weak) tackle, took 3 bounces and let rip from 70-80 out with a gale behind him. It was marked on the goal-line at full stretch.

Skipper started and finished well but did nothing for two quarters.

Guy O'Keefe broke his wrist.

Reid and Ward did what they usually do. Neither were world beaters but both were serviceable. Reid's kicking suffered in the wind.

Street was poo. 7ft tall and took one mark for the game which got taken off him.

Addison was just OK. Like Reid, his kicking was fairly ordinary in the wind.

Good summation there SS.

On the wind I think the poor kicker's are more noticeable as they don't have the ability to caress the ball, so to speak.

As a keen golfer who play's at the windiest course in the Melbourne I have a fair bit of experience on how to deal with the wind. A good saying that I re-mind myself is the folowing: " Into the breeze, swing with ease". I tend to find that if I swing too hard the ball ends up 2 fairways away, but if I slow the swing down the margin for error is reduced.

Kicking a footy is the same, try and blast it into the wind it will end up 15m away from the intended target. Caress the ball and you have a much better chance of it landing where you want it to go.

The wind really sorts out the player's who can and can't kick.