PDA

View Full Version : INs and Outs for Prelim v Cats

bornadog
15-09-2008, 12:33 AM
We do not get many opportunities to make a grand final and have not been in many prelims since I can remember.

1985 - 10 points
1992 - plenty
1997 - aaghhhhhh
1998 - plenty

The boys have got to pull out all stops, we want to see the Doggies in a Grand Final, Geelong players are only human and are very cocky and think its in the bag.

The 22 in the semi final were all good, but we need to match up with Geelong, especially their forward line. Again the talls are going to be hard to match, with Mooney (195cm), Lonergan (197cm), Johnson (189cm)

Do we go with what we have? Does Everitt get a go after playing a pretty good game last week for Willy? Does Ray come back in and used as a run with player, maybe on Sellwood?

I don't think there will be any changes.

Bulldogs_6
15-09-2008, 01:15 AM
We do not get many opportunities to make a grand final and have not been in many prelims since I can remember.

1985 - 10 points
1992 - plenty
1997 - aaghhhhhh
1998 - plenty

The boys have got to pull out all stops, we want to see the Doggies in a Grand Final, Geelong players are only human and are very cocky and think its in the bag.

The 22 in the semi final were all good, but we need to match up with Geelong, especially their forward line. Again the talls are going to be hard to match, with Mooney (195cm), Lonergan (197cm), Johnson (189cm)

Do we go with what we have? Does Everitt get a go after playing a pretty good game last week for Willy? Does Ray come back in and used as a run with player, maybe on Sellwood?

I don't think there will be any changes.

No change, if someone doesn't pull up I'd bring in either Wight (doubtful Eade doesn't seem to rate him) or Everitt.

LostDoggy
15-09-2008, 08:28 AM
If anyone in defence is injured bring back Dylan Addison we could do with his great pressure and tackling..

Bulldog Revolution
15-09-2008, 10:28 AM
No change, if someone doesn't pull up I'd bring in either Wight (doubtful Eade doesn't seem to rate him) or Everitt.

Wights form does not warrant considering.

There will be no changes unless forced, and it would be 1st option Ray, 2nd Option Everitt, depending on team balance

FrediKanoute
15-09-2008, 10:42 AM

TBH, I don't rate him either and whilst I'm not quite saying he will be delisted at the seasons end ther is no way in hell I'd be putting him in the team at the moment. To me if there were going to be changes only Ray, Everitt or Ward are likely to be considered. Choosing Wight simply because he is tall doesn't stack b/c if he gets towelled up (lets face it he proabbly would), then what do you do. Its not like he is bashing down the door at Willi to get back into the team and given he has been in the system for a while you'd expect that he would be.

Cyberdoggie
15-09-2008, 10:45 AM
If anyone in defence is injured bring back Dylan Addison we could do with his great pressure and tackling..

I don't think he's the player he was 6-7 weeks ago.

Having done a MCL myself i know it takes a while to get your run back. They say that you should be normal in 6 months, obviously footballers get the best treatment and recovery but as we've seen with Everitt it can really slow you down.

Addison to me is really a creature of form. He can look a bit ordinary until he gets that confidence back.

I'd say his year is done.

G-Mo77
15-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Unless something strange happens at the MRP I don't think there will be any changes this week.

Mantis
15-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Much will hinge on who they decide to play Morris on.

If he goes to Johnson there may be a need to bring in another tall defender. If he goes to Mooney we will probably remain unchanged.

Tough decision to make and anyone leaving the side could consider themselves a bit unlucky, but there are any of 2 or 3 player's that could still be left out.

Mofra
15-09-2008, 12:43 PM
No changes. We need to take a massive risk & use a small defender on one of their tall forwards & rebound through him; I don't care who it is, just anyone who will hurt the cats when we have the ball in our hands.

It will be interesting to see where Murphy plays - he could play undersized in defence and with his smart positioning really hurt them once the ball hits the ground.

bornadog
15-09-2008, 12:58 PM
What do you think about:

Morris v Mooney

Lake v Longeran

Tiller v Johnson

I don't like Morris on Mooney, but we don't have much choice. Longeran is 197cm compared to Mooney 195cm, plus Mooney plays up the ground, which Lake isnot happy doing.

Last time Everitt got killed on Lonegran and had no idea how to play him, so I wouldn't think he will come in.

ledge
15-09-2008, 01:00 PM
We will know in the first 15 minutes if we are a chance, once we start pissing around in the backline our games shot, but in adding to that i think Farren Ray was our major player for doing that and Callan is more attacking and thats what we were about at the start of the year.

Mantis
15-09-2008, 02:25 PM
What do you think about:

Morris v Mooney

Lake v Longeran

Tiller v Johnson

I don't like Morris on Mooney, but we don't have much choice. Longeran is 197cm compared to Mooney 195cm, plus Mooney plays up the ground, which Lake isnot happy doing.

Last time Everitt got killed on Lonegran and had no idea how to play him, so I wouldn't think he will come in.

I think that job might be to great for Tiller, perhap's Hargrave. Agree that we need to free Lake up a little so that be can try and work off his man. Geelong do the same with Scarlett and it's a risk we probably have to take.

LostDoggy
15-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Much will hinge on who they decide to play Morris on.

If he goes to Johnson there may be a need to bring in another tall defender. If he goes to Mooney we will probably remain unchanged.

Even if Morris plays on Johnson its unlikely they will bring in another tall defender.
If combination of Lake, Hargarve, Morris and Tiller can't handle the main forwards at Geelong then no one in the reserves will either.
Beside they are likely to come in, in place of midfield or forward which we have precious little of.

LostDoggy
15-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Cooney missed training with a sore knee and the 'flu'.

bornadog
18-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Eade has said he doesn't think there will be a change this week, but you never know.

I think if there was a change, Everitt would come in but haven't thought of who would go out.

bulldogtragic
18-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Eade has said he doesn't think there will be a change this week, but you never know.

I think if there was a change, Everitt would come in but haven't thought of who would go out.
I still feel we a one tall short.

Don't know who i would include or drop?

bornadog
18-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Confirmed, no change

FIRST PRELIMINARY FINAL
GEELONG v WESTERN BULLDOGS
Geelong
B: Tom Harley, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt
HB: Darren Milburn, Harry Taylor, Corey Enright
C: Jimmy Bartel, Joel Selwood, Cameron Ling
HF: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, James Kelly
F: Travis Varcoe, Tom Lonergan, Mathew Stokes
Foll: Brad Ottens, Joel Corey, Gary Ablett
I/C: David Wojcinski, Mark Blake, Andrew Mackie, Max Rooke
EMG: David Johnson, Shannon Byrnes, Ryan Gamble

In: Kelly, Wojcinski
Out: Paul Chapman (hamstring), Brent Prismall (knee)

Western Bulldogs
B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Stephen Tiller, Ryan Hargrave
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C: Nathan Eagleton, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Shaun Higgins
EMG: Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray, Callan Ward

No change

G-Mo77
18-09-2008, 06:20 PM
No surprises for either side.

LostDoggy
18-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Interesting to see Ward as emergency

If Cooney doesnt play..we have his replacement right there u'd think.

bornadog
18-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Interesting to see Ward as emergency

If Cooney doesnt play..we have his replacement right there u'd think.

No way, Ray would be in before Ward.

DOG GOD
18-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Coon better play then.

bulldogtragic
18-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Coon better play then.
Ray would have a point to prove.

The Pie Man
18-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Ray would have a point to prove.

Maybe, but Everitt would have the spoils to make

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2008, 10:31 PM

Hope not as a game into ward would be better than one into Ray. he needs to be sent the message so if he stays he understands he needs to work harder.