PDA

View Full Version : The Membership question.

LostDoggy
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Does anyone else think last nights result will slow the membership drive at all?
I have to say I don't like the news that I am hearing about the membership numbers does not bode well for the 32,000 mark

Dry Rot
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
What news is that?

LostDoggy
03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
What news is that?

3,000 to 4,00 new members but 8,000 members from last year haven't signed up again despite the two NAB games and the SEN membership day on Thursday.
Last nights performance won't do much to kick start things again so I hope the club has a few membership initiatives they haven't used yet.

BulldogBelle
03-03-2007, 10:15 PM
3,000 to 4,00 new members but 8,000 members from last year haven't signed up again despite the two NAB games and the SEN membership day on Thursday.

Observing the Membership Tents they were quite full at times so hopefully some of those people that attended the game last night would have re-signed. Will have to see the next Membership update on the Dogs website to see how much they have increased since the last update.

Dry Rot
03-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Last nights performance won't do much to kick start things again so I hope the club has a few membership initiatives they haven't used yet.

You'd think that such an insipid performance wouldn't have helped things.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Membership figures were updated today they now stand at 21,897. They must have sold a few in the past week since the last update which is good news.

southerncross
05-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Membership figures were updated today they now stand at 21,897. They must have sold a few in the past week since the last update which is good news.

I wonder how that compares to the same time last season? We would probably be 2,000 ahead at a guess.

Topdog
05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
What was the attendance for the NAB cup match? I'm sure most people who haven't signed up yet wouldn't have gone to the game.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 08:31 PM
What was the attendance for the NAB cup match? I'm sure most people who haven't signed up yet wouldn't have gone to the game.

I think I heard there was about 12,000 at the game, could be wrong though.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I wonder how that compares to the same time last season? We would probably be 2,000 ahead at a guess.

It is actually about 5000 ahead of this time last year. So it's moving along nicely. :)

TheWackedYak
05-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, my dad's among those 8000:mad: who are yet to pull their finger out. It might be people simply waiting for the season proper or those who simply need a kick along. Having said that you'd get many a member who've upgraded to Social Club status rather than just have a regular membership with the anticipation bigger things later in the year.

southerncross
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, my dad's among those 8000:mad: who are yet to pull their finger out. It might be people simply waiting for the season proper or those who simply need a kick along. Having said that you'd get many a member who've upgraded to Social Club status rather than just have a regular membership with the anticipation bigger things later in the year.

Welcome aboard. It's a shame so many people can't get excited about the footy a bit earlier but as long as the sign up thats the main thing. I wonder how many additional social club memberships we have sold this year?

The Coon Dog
05-03-2007, 09:30 PM
We all talk about a magical number (32,000) in terms of membership. Any particular number has the potential to be a complete furphy. Surely it's dollars that count.

If we have a high percentage of concession & junior memberships sold then the membership numbers might look good, but the dollar bucket is less.

Also, don't forget to factor in the increased number of Social Clubs sold this season. The cost of each Social Club is roughly equivalent to an additional membership.

It's all about dollars, not numbers.

southerncross
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
It's all about dollars, not numbers.

I can see what you are saying but looking at the bigger picture at the moment it's not just about getting members to part with more money.
We absolutely need to be growing the membership base each year until 35,000 members can be guaranteed. At that point the trick is to try and squeeze a bit more out of them while still offering value for money.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
We absolutely need to be growing the membership base each year until 35,000 members can be guaranteed. At that point the trick is to try and squeeze a bit more out of them while still offering value for money.

Totally agree southerncross, I agree we must reach and maintain around that amount of members annually and then offer some type of perk or bonus if they pay that little bit extra for their membership. First things first let us get to that amount of members.

We have never been in a position like this having so many members on board before the season has even started and if only we could get everyone of those 8000 members who haven't re-signed to sign we would only be a couple of thousand off the target.

bornadog
05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Getting back to the original question by Billy Blogger, I don't think the weekends result will harm the membership drive. Many people will be thinking with at least 9 senior players out, we didn't really have a chance to go all the way in the NAB practise season.

bornadog
05-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Its hard to get enthusiastic about the footy whilest we still have temperatures up in the high 30's and still not feeling like footy season. You only have to have a look at the attendance crowds to all the matches. However, I hope the club does have some sort of contigency plan to get the rest to sign up.

Next weeks family day will get a few in.