PDA

View Full Version : Paul Chapman ruled out of preliminary final

The Coon Dog
17-09-2008, 12:05 PM
GEELONG star Paul Chapman has been ruled out of playing in Friday night's preliminary final against the Bulldogs with a hamstring injury.

The Cats decided this morning that they would not risk the small forward after assessing how he pulled up after yesterday's training session.

Geelong coach Mark Thompson had said Chapman would need to test out his hamstring in a full-on session to be considered a chance to take on the Bulldogs.

Doubts have surrounded Chapman since he left the field with a back-related hamstring strain during the third quarter of Geelong's qualifying final win over St Kilda 10 days ago.

Chapman's injury will open up two senior spots in the team after midfielder Brent Prismall had already been ruled out for the season with a knee injury.

James Kelly is expected to return from a quad injury, while Chapman's spot may be contested between David Wojcinski, who has not played since round 15, Shannon Byrnes or Ryan Gamble.

Meanwhile, the Western Bulldogs have declared star midfielder Adam Cooney will definitely play _ despite him suffering from a virus and knee soreness.

While the Bulldogs' key onballer did not train yesterday, assistant coach Leon Cameron said Cooney was ordered to rest up at home not only to shake off his head cold, but also so he did not infect his teammates with the illness.

``He'll be playing on Friday night _ 100 per cent, guaranteed,'' Cameron said.

``It's not as if he's been bedridden for three or four days. He'll be over it by tomorrow (Wednesday) sometime hopefully.

``You don't want to take a player into a final, especially against Geelong, at 90 per cent because they'll be exposed, but he'll be ready to go. ... he (Cooney) has got a little patella tendinitis (knee soreness), but four or five players at each club have that so he's fine.''

Paul Chapman ruled out of preliminary final (http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2008/09/17/18356_news.html)

DOG GOD
17-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Geez i hope Gamble doesnt play...we had no answer for him last time with him kicking 4...cant afford to have a "lesser like" player kick 4.

BulldogBelle
17-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Gamble got cheaps goals in the second half when we effectively gave up

strebla
17-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Don't care who plays as long as we crush em

bornadog
17-09-2008, 02:43 PM
out Chapman, Prismall

In Kelly, Wozi

The Pie Man
17-09-2008, 02:51 PM
out Chapman, Prismall

In Kelly, Wozi

That makes the most sense, Wojak is a jet and Kelly's quite a good player too. Still very happy to hear Chappy will miss, he's killed us in the past 2 years.

LostDoggy
17-09-2008, 03:51 PM
One less player to worry about i guess.

Still got 22 out there that will damage a side in their own way..

Just when we got Ling & Ablett not playing last time, made no difference really ;)

I envy how much depth Geelong have, and i think thats why i tune into their game every week regardless of who they are playing

Happy Days
17-09-2008, 07:26 PM
As good a player as Chapman is, he's not the first one I would have omitted from their side...

I'd get rid of Ablett and Ling...then we'd have a real shake...:D

LostDoggy
17-09-2008, 08:16 PM
One less player to worry about i guess.

Still got 22 out there that will damage a side in their own way..

Just when we got Ling & Ablett not playing last time, made no difference really ;)

I envy how much depth Geelong have, and i think thats why i tune into their game every week regardless of who they are playing

Not sure if they have as much depth as people make out. VFL team was pretty average this year. Whilst they do have a couple of quality players in there I wouldn't say they had an abundance of fringe players.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Happy that Chappy is out!!!!!

I don't think it will matter as we should put up a better show this time around.

also Willi are ahead of the Geelong 2nds and the difference that i see is 2 years experience.

Sockeye Salmon
17-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Happy that Chappy is out!!!!!

I don't think it will matter as we should put up a better show this time around.

also Willi are ahead of the Geelong 2nds and the difference that i see is 2 years experience.

The difference I see is Brett Johnson, Patrick Rose, Scott Meyer, David Stretton, Ben Jolley, Steven Greene and Matt Little (and Streeter!).

Sedat
17-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Geez i hope Gamble doesnt play...we had no answer for him last time with him kicking 4...cant afford to have a "lesser like" player kick 4.
Marty McGrath, Luke Vogels, Eddie Sansbury....at least Gamble has some genuine talent.

I distinctly remember Mark Eustice kicking a bag against us in the 80's as well.