PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs vs Bombers at Skilled Stadium

GVGjr
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Just announced.

Bulldogs vs Bombers at Skilled Stadium for next Saturday at 2pm. I will be getting there early and hope a few others venture down there for the game.

Go_Dogs
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
boo-urns. i was hoping for Power at Alberton.

Dry Rot
04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Who's coming back for us this week?

Sounds like the Dons are playing well - should be a good game.

GVGjr
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Who's coming back for us this week?

Sounds like the Dons are playing well - should be a good game.

It's a great test for us. Lloyd, Lucas and co will stretch our defence.
I suspect Griffen, Johnson and maybe even Darcy could be back.

Dry Rot
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Believe it or not, from all reports their midfield is playing well too.

bulldogtragic
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM

Cooney, Darcy, Grant, Griffen, Aker, Johnson, Murphy, Street.

BulldogBelle
04-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Should be a good game, we seem to always match up well against Essendon. Hopefully we will get a few of our sidelined Dogs back for this game, although, I don't want Darcy to re-vist Skilled Stadium just yet.

Go_Dogs
05-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Monfries and a few other kids they have are looking very good.

firstdogonthemoon
05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Yes - who else is going? I am planning to. Do membership cards get you in free?

Dry Rot
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
With certain players returning, anything you'd like to see Eade try?

I'd to like to see someone else at FB for part of the game - good practice for the first two games when are missing Harris.

GVGjr
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes - who else is going? I am planning to. Do membership cards get you in free?

I will be there for sure. I have a couple of Bomber work colleagues that live in the area so we are likely to meet up. Another work colleague is planning to be in the area on the day and might venture there as well.

Not sure about the membership card. On previous experience on going to these games you normally have to make some sort of payment.

Twodogs
05-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that membership tickets get you in.

aker39
05-03-2007, 02:18 PM
AFL website says that AFL and competing club members get in free.

GVGjr
05-03-2007, 02:20 PM
AFL website says that AFL and competing club members get in free.

This is good news to a lot of people. Last year I had to pay at Shepparton.

bornadog
05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
If you had your membership ticket, you could get in free at Shepp too.

ashsweb
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Good news that members can get in free.

Anyone know the ticket cost for non-members?

southerncross
06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
If you had your membership ticket, you could get in free at Shepp too.

I'm sure I had to pay the last two years. It was only $5 or so from memory.

bornadog
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm sure I had to pay the last two years. It was only $5 or so from memory.

Maybe your memory is better than mine. In any case, this year I believe you can get in with your membership ticket.

BulldogBelle
06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I am not to sure if you can get in with your membership ticket. Driving home today from work I head on SEN that the entrance ticket is $14.50 and it all goes to the drought relief in the Geelong area.

southerncross
06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I am not to sure if you can get in with your membership ticket. Driving home today from work I head on SEN that the entrance ticket is $14.50 and it all goes to the drought relief in the Geelong area.

I suspect that there will be a charge. $14.50 is bit rich all things considered though. I have a few friends who are think of going and I think this might actually change their minds.

BulldogBelle
06-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I suspect that there will be a charge. $14.50 is bit rich all things considered though. I have a few friends who are think of going and I think this might actually change their minds.

Just double check before you let your friends know but that is what I heard on SEN, one bloke rang up and said he was told it was gold coin donation only, SEN called somewhere and came back and mentioned the $14.50 entrance was the fee.

southerncross
06-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Just found a link. It says members get in for free.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/NABCup/tabid/248/Default.aspx

firstdogonthemoon
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
ive never been to skilled

( and ive never been to me - althought ive seen some things that a woman aint supposed to see - and ive been to paradise)

where is the doggiest place to sit

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?

Dry Rot
07-03-2007, 07:49 AM

( and ive never been to me - althought ive seen some things that a woman aint supposed to see - and ive been to paradise)

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?

When the Cats are playing, they kill the first born of all opposition supporters.

bornadog
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM

and park the car

etc

anything i should know?

For a practise match, you won't have any problems getting there and parking and finding your way around. There are plenty of spots for your car as the locals park their horse and cart outside the saloon bar (social club):)

GVGjr
10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm just back from the game and we had a narrow win by 11 points. The Bombers were 15 points down at the end of the 3rd quarter but were in front by 3 points within 4 minutes in the last quarter.

Great to see Darcy, Murphy, Cooney and Grant back and Aker slipped into thing brilliantly well. Darcy spent some time in the ruck and played as a loose man in defence for a fair portion of time. Even went for a couple of long runs bouncing the ball a couple of times.
No West or Griffen.

With a 10 man interchange the first quarter was player just running off all the time. I counted 12 changes.
A quick run down on some of the guys
Ray started well and did some brilliant things along with a few errors. Got run down a couple of times
Murphy kicked a goal with his first possession and did very well
Grant was solid and rotated frequently on and off the bench.
Cross was pretty much what you would expect and his marking is getting better and better
Boyd was solid without doing a lot more than that.
Johnson did some very good things especially his marking in a typical display. Spent a fair bit of time on the bench in the last quarter
Gilbee was sensational and was marking everything. His disposal was brilliant.
Eagleton was solid a effort
Giansiracusa got run down a couple of times but also had the ball on a string at times. Up and down game from Guido
Power did some sensational things with his quick handballs but missed two set shots that professional footballers should get. Eade needs to do some work on the whole teams set shots.
Cooney did some typical Cooney things which was great and he rotated on and off the bench frequently. Very good to have him back.
Faulkner was quiet but OK.
Higgins started well but got run down a couple of time. He got into a real pucsh and shove with McPhee at the start of the game and held his own. Got injured before half time and didn't return. Looked like a hip injury.
Aker was very good and his kicking up forward a real feature.
Addison did OK but wrecked his game by kicking the ball backwards which caused all sorts of problems for his team mates. He has a crack though.
McMahon was quiet but super effective with his kicks. It was a different game from Jordy but he performed well.
Hargrave wasn't quite at last weeks form but went well. Getting through the game again will do him good.
Minson did some nice things today and even went for a bit of a run. Got into a scuffle or two as well.
McCormack very quiet. Spent a lot of time on the bench.
Everitt came on in the 2nd half and showed a bit of his athletic prowess and good disposal skills
Robbins did his normal excellent defensive efforts up forward and was a dangerous. Missed a shot or two but land a good one was well.
McDougall was above average. Took some good marks and went down in defence a fair few times. He is getting better and his confidence is on the increase
Skipper did OK. A good mark and goal and was competitive in the ruck. As normal made a few errors.
Harris couldn't take a trick in contest with Lloyd and gave away some free kicks when he really didn't do too much wrong. Went up forward for a while
Wight battled hard and was matched up on Lloyd for a while. Provided some run
Morris was good but not great . Better for the run
Hughes spent most of the time on the bench but went OK for his limited minutes.
O'Shea went to defence and was matched up on the resting talls. Didn't disgrace himself.

Talked to Griffen and he will be back next week. Street might be another week away.

Our set shots really was poor given the conditions were perfect.

I can try and answer any question you have.

Twodogs
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
My sources are saying that Higgo had a corkie, does that sound right?

Harris on Lloyd. Is harris going to have trouble adjusting to the new rule?

GVGjr
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
My sources are saying that Higgo had a corkie, does that sound right?

Harris on Lloyd. Is harris going to have trouble adjusting to the new rule?

Looked like a thigh but a cork isn't out of the question. He got cannoned into his hip.
I didn't think Harris did too much wrong although occasionally Lloyd had the ball delivered laces up to him. He might struggle with the new rule but he should be able to adapt.

alwaysadog
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm just back from the game and we had a narrow win by 11 points. The Bombers were 15 points down at the end of the 3rd quarter but were in front by 3 points within 4 minutes in the last quarter.

Great to see Darcy, Murphy, Cooney and Grant back and Aker slipped into thing brilliantly well. Darcy spent some time in the ruck and played as a loose man in defence for a fair portion of time. Even went for a couple of long runs bouncing the ball a couple of times.
No West or Griffen.

With a 10 man interchange the first quarter was player just running off all the time. I counted 12 changes.
A quick run down on some of the guys.

Great post couldn't get there so really good to have your usually incisive mind on the job. Many thanks.

BulldogBelle
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Great report GVG, friends of mine were at the game and were all excited at seeing Darcy and Robert Murphy out on the ground.

W W Biscuit
10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Great report GVGjr. Forgot about Skipper on the other thread - he did do a couple of handy things. Nice long goal.

LostDoggy
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Great report GVG, friends of mine were at the game and were all excited at seeing Darcy and Robert Murphy out on the ground.

Darcy and Murphy were big ticks for the day but I don't place a lot less value on seeing Cooney and Grant out there as well. Both of these guys are also very important to the team.
When you add Griffen in next week things are starting to take shape.
Not sure when Street is available and Im sure Morris and Hargrave will another game or so before we see the best out of them.
We will miss Harris for those two weeks.

Topdog
11-03-2007, 01:03 AM
It's just fantastic to hear that Darcy and Murphy got through the game and both had encouraging moments. They deserve the chance to get back out there.

dog town
11-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Couldnt get to the game because me and my team were doing our best job of choking in the first day of ouir cricket semi final. Have a couple of questions

1- Did Cooney play mainly out of the goal square or did he spend plenty of time in the middle? The paper had him as our best was he that good?

2- How far up the ground was Doogs playing?

3- Who did Wight mainly play on?

southerncross
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Couldnt get to the game because me and my team were doing our best job of choking in the first day of ouir cricket semi final. Have a couple of questions

1- Did Cooney play mainly out of the goal square or did he spend plenty of time in the middle? The paper had him as our best was he that good?

2- How far up the ground was Doogs playing?

3- Who did Wight mainly play on?

1) No Cooney was used across half forward, wing and in the middle. He was good but I didn't think he was that good.

2) He played a bit at FF along with the true CHF position. On occasions he was also at CHB. Moved very well and contested strongly. Once again a tackle or two as well.

3) Was originally matched up on the resting ruckman but spent a lot ot time on Lloyd.

Go_Dogs
11-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your reports.

Dry Rot
11-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your reports.

What he said. Thanks.

southerncross
12-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Did anyone notice the local boy from the West Bacher Houli on Saturday?
I thought he contributed very well with the Bombers and I think they would be pleased with him.