View Full Version : If We Win ................ If We lose

bornadog
19-09-2008, 04:20 PM
IF we win Tonight.

Celebrate with a bottle of Champers:D
Text message to entire mobile phone book
Ring every talk back radio station and give it to them for not rating us
Be over the moon all week
Enjoy the build up to a Grand Final for the first time in my life.

If We lose

Probably sulk for a few days
Be happy for the boys to make a prelim when at the start of the season we looked an oustide chance for the eight.
It will be a long long summer:(

Mofra
19-09-2008, 04:24 PM
When we win...

... massive celebrations, gloating tempered by the fact we still have one game of the season to go.

In the miscule, improbable chance of us not winning...

Gloat at the fact that a team with one senior KPP player (Lake) is the third best in the competition, and given a couple of inclusions our upside is better than anyone else in the top four.

The Coon Dog
19-09-2008, 04:26 PM
IF we win Tonight.

Celebrate with a bottle of Champers:D
Text message to entire mobile phone book
Ring every talk back radio station and give it to them for not rating us
Be over the moon all week
Enjoy the build up to a Grand Final for the first time in my life.

If We lose

Probably sulk for a few days
Be happy for the boys to make a prelim when at the start of the season we looked an oustide chance for the eight.
It will be a long long summer:(
Might have to beat 'Michael from Moonee Ponds' to it, he's damn quick! ;)

Go_Dogs
19-09-2008, 04:28 PM
If we win...

Scampering for GF tickets, quickly organising my flights over and gloating to my many Geelong supporting friends...praying that we didn't over do it and have something left in the tank for the next week, and start praying like mad that the Saints beat the Hawks.

If we lose...

I'll be pretty disappointed and very, very drunk.

G-Mo77
19-09-2008, 04:42 PM
If we win.....

*Not sure really, my eyes fill with tears at the thought of just making it into a Grand Final. I'll probably tear up big time if the final siren sounds and we're in front.

*Have a few ales when I get home

*Make sure I have enough money to go to the game next Saturday.

*I wouldn't mind ringing Gary Lyon and giving him a spray! Dickhead!!!!

If we lose....

*Drive home and sulk for the rest of the night and probably all day Saturday. I have a family lunch to go to so I won't be much fun.

strebla
19-09-2008, 04:43 PM
When we win will track down every single scumbag opposition supporter who has bagged me for 25 years and let them know in no uncertain terms WHO WE ARE AND WHERE WE COME FROM

if we lose this is not an option we MUST win

The Underdog
19-09-2008, 04:53 PM
If we win:

Cry tears of pure joy
Hug every Dogs supporter in sight
Sit in stunned disbelief
Have the best damned week of my football supporting life including going to the freaking GF Parade.

If we lose:

Cry tears of pure disappointment (memo to self, take tissues)
Scream "Why can't it ever be us?"
Sit in stunned disbelief
Shun GF week
Find it very difficult to pretend I care about Hawthorn tomorrow night for my girl's benefit when clearly I hate football and everything about it
Wait for trade week

aker39
19-09-2008, 05:05 PM
If we win....

Ring SEN and tell Grant Thomas to get ****ed
Stay at the G until they kick me out. I'll want to celebrate with the players and all of you... ALL OF YOU

If we lose...

I won't pick up a paper for a week
Try and act happy for my Geelong supporting wife (or maybe file for divorce)

PS - I might need some of those tissues underdog.

LostDoggy
19-09-2008, 05:10 PM
When We Win Tonight:

I'll Go Absolutely Mental
I'll Cry My Eyes Out
I'll Keep Crying My Eyes Out
Scream My Head Off
Sing The Theme Song Louder Than Ever Before

If We Lose (which I Doubt Very Much):

I'll Cry And Crack The Sh..s. Will Then Yell At My Husband On The Way Home Because He'll Want To Listen To The Radio And I'll Want Peace And Quiet (this Happens Every Time We Lose So Nothing Much Different For My Reaction To A Loss)

aker39
19-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Might have to beat 'Michael from Moonee Ponds' to it, he's damn quick! ;)

Listen out for Snowy from Barooga or Fred from Footscray

Sedat
19-09-2008, 05:27 PM
If we win....

Ring SEN and tell Grant Thomas to get ****ed
Stay at the G until they kick me out. I'll want to celebrate with the players and all of you... ALL OF YOU

If we lose...

I won't pick up a paper for a week
Try and act happy for my Geelong supporting wife (or maybe file for divorce)

PS - I might need some of those tissues underdog.
Dermie is worse IMO. Thomas is there to play the role of the agent provocateur, and whilst his criticism of the Dogs is a little OTT, it isn't totally without merit ie: lack of intensity and hardness at the contest was glaringly evident 2 weeks ago. On the other hand, Brereton tries to play the nice guy everyman role but his arrogance just sprouts up to the surface time and again. Some of his discussion on radio this week has been jibberish without substance or foundation to back it up - just arrogant assertions. He is, and will always be, a polished turd from Frankston.

Funny how the Swans weren't old hacks on their last legs 2 weeks ago but all of a sudden, one of the hardest midfields in the competition would be lucky to win a Super Rules match. Sydney loses the tackle count, hardball gets and clearances in a game about once every Halley's Comet. We were very good last week and it has been sold short. That's fine, we used up a lot of credits in the media 2 weeks ago. But if we can match that level of intensity tonight, Geelong will know they have been in a game.

aker39
19-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Dermie is worse IMO. Thomas is there to play the role of the agent provocateur, and whilst his criticism of the Dogs is a little OTT, it isn't totally without merit ie: lack of intensity and hardness at the contest was glaringly evident 2 weeks ago. On the other hand, Brereton tries to play the nice guy everyman role but his arrogance just sprouts up to the surface time and again. Some of his discussion on radio this week has been jibberish without substance or foundation to back it up - just arrogant assertions. He is, and will always be, a polished turd from Frankston.

No worries, I'll tell Dermie to get ****ed on your behalf as well.

LostDoggy
19-09-2008, 05:36 PM
If we win...

Double check the scoreboard as I wipe my face of tears
High 5s and Hugs for anyone and everyone around me (bulldogs supporters of course)
Text and call those who never believed in my side (mainly collingwood supporters)
Sing the song all the way back on the walk from MCG > Crown
Drink untill i hit 0.05
And generally celebrate as we have beaten the team of the year

If we lose..

Get frustrated and prob (unfortunately) swear a lot and pinpoint players that didnt do their job
Call/Sms people and tell them how upset im feeling
Probably cry again regardless win/lose
Walk to Crown with my head looking to the ground
Spend next week "trying to be excited" about grand final week
And say the token 'theres always next year...'

Sedat
19-09-2008, 05:37 PM
No worries, I'll tell Dermie to get ****ed on your behalf as well.
Not worth it. He'd just laugh and declare the GF a blow-out. The Dogs simply lack the class, the toughness and the heart to match it with the big boys in September :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
19-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Easy.

Win, drink happy.

Lose, drink sad.

Either way im getting shitface tonight.

LostDoggy
19-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If we win.....

Hug total strangers (Bulldog supporters)
sing the lub song as loud as I can
Text every Geelong supporter I know and rub their faces in it
Go buy grand final tickets
Pray that it isnt all just a dream.

If we loose....

Get redy for the cricket season

Happy Days
19-09-2008, 07:17 PM
If we win...

Sing the song REALLY loud and make it as awkward as possible for the Geelong people around me...
Pinch myself alot...
Tear up to the point of public acceptability...
Look far and wide for some hug work with any willing recipients...

If we lose..

Not go anywhere for a good 3 weeks...
Attempt to fight Grant Thomas to relieve frustration...
Scrounge around for excuses and claim 09 as our year...

Topdog
19-09-2008, 07:45 PM
If we win..

wait in anticipation for the GF
not celebrate

If we lose..

don't know yet

DOG GOD
19-09-2008, 08:12 PM
IF WE WIN:

Start screaming at a higher volume than an ac/dc concert
Text EVERYONE in my address book
Email EVERYONE in my contacts
Pay the $2,000 for one of those grand final packages.

IF WE LOSE:

Turn my mobile off
Wont check my emails for a week
Not read the paper for a week
Find the hardest, heaviest motherf##king music i can in my cd collection and turn it to 11.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-09-2008, 08:18 PM
If we win,

Thank God that I follow the best team in the country. crack it as I home with the wife and kids and not at the game. Sit up with my Rum and watch the game for a second time.

Go and get the match sticks as I would need to see the game a 3rd time. (just to make sure)

Think of going and having a shower as it is now almost 7am and the wife and kids will be up soon and I need to sober up.

If we loose - not going to happen - We want it too much.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-09-2008, 08:20 PM
IF WE WIN:

Start screaming at a higher volume than an ac/dc concert
Text EVERYONE in my address book
Email EVERYONE in my contacts
Pay the $2,000 for one of those grand final packages.

IF WE LOSE:

Turn my mobile off
Wont check my emails for a week
Not read the paper for a week
Find the hardest, heaviest motherf##king music i can in my cd collection and turn it to 11.

hey i was told that a super box in the Grand final is $10500 for 12 people. oh hang on that was for the VFL.

G-Mo77
20-09-2008, 02:05 AM
If we win.....

*Not sure really, my eyes fill with tears at the thought of just making it into a Grand Final. I'll probably tear up big time if the final siren sounds and we're in front.

*Have a few ales when I get home

*Make sure I have enough money to go to the game next Saturday.

*I wouldn't mind ringing Gary Lyon and giving him a spray! Dickhead!!!!

If we lose....

*Drive home and sulk for the rest of the night and probably all day Saturday. I have a family lunch to go to so I won't be much fun.

Well having a few beers now, I'm not in a sulky mood I don't think it has sunk in yet, probably will tomorrow. I did let a few tears fall when the final siren went. I'm a big sook!