PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see in 09

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-09-2008, 01:54 AM
1. Tom Williams have an injury free run, and to give us greater defensive structure and flexibility. Not only is he an asset to our team in his own right, his addition adds extra tactical options to our team. A fit and firing Williams would add further value to Morris, Lake & Hargrave

2. Everitt to take a step forward. Again like Williams he adds structure and options to our team, and as a 3rd year player simply MUST take oppotunity. He has the talent, and is exactly the type of player that suits our style.

3. Grant to overcome his osteitis pubis, and get some early form on the board with Willy and ultimately be pushing for Welsh's spot next year

4. Hill, Harbrow, Tiller and Ward to build on the promise they've shown this year.

5. Griffen to impose himself and become the elite midfielder he is born to be. He has all the tools to be THE Premier midfield in the comp, to be spoken of in the same breath as Judd, Kerr, Ablett etc. He needs to be a 20 plus possie midfielder week in week out.

6. Cooney- has had a very very good season, but like Griff needs to impose week in week out, and consistently break hard tags.

7. Will Minson has shown improvement overall , but still needs to take it up several notches, Hudson is not going to get any better, and I feel Hudsons form tapered off not just because he was carrying injury, but because Will was not able to adequately support him over 22 rounds. He has the physical attributes and the nous, but really needs a hard pre- season working on his skills and fitness.

8. We need Scott Clayton and the recruting staff to make hay at this draft and provide more talent to ensure we do not plateau.

9. Don't let the strides we made this year, slip. WE simply cannot afford to fall back to the rest of the pack. We've set standards this year, and they MUST not only be maintained but must be improved. WE cannot afford to have a late season fade like this year. Geelong are the yarstick and they have seen last night where we sit in comparion. They need to find the resolve to get better.

10. Our supporters to get on board early, pony up the cash, and show our belief in the club by signing up in numbers, the like we've never seen before!!!!!!!

BulldogBelle
20-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Sounds good to me.

l would really like to see Grant get a crack and force Welsh out.

Dancin' Douggy
20-09-2008, 10:27 AM
11. Scott West plays a blinder of a year and wins the Norm Smith.

Scorlibo
21-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Amen YHF. Not to mention us signing a viable tall forward option.

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Recruit Ace, get a good pre season into him and rotate him as a ruck resting full forward when we play the lesser lights teams to get vital experience into him, as I agree Hudson slips towards the end of the year.

phroosh
21-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Excellent summary YHF. I can't really add to that! Well put.