PDA

View Full Version : The Credit Where it's Due Thread for 2008

bulldogtragic
20-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Clayton and Eade - Great drafting and trading.

Morris & Coons - A/A

Josh Hill and Harbrow - Should almost be a 'first picked' in 2009.

Tiller - Thought he has really in trouble 2 months back. Last two games show he can be a good player.

Welsh - Very poor finals series, but kicked 40-odd goals.

ledge
20-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I would like to say how good a season it was and it gave us experience for next year.
Hill i believe will be a marking forward, did fantastic but needs just a little more muscle to hold in packs.
I am happy to know we gave it a good shake against the best team in the league by a mile.
Lake was awesome too.
Condolences to the side but i think all supporters should be extremely proud of the year.

G-Mo77
20-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Tiller - Thought he has really in trouble 2 months back. Last two games show he can be a good player.

I don't know how you can be in real trouble when you have played a handful of games. He's shown a lot in the past 2 games and on the big stage too. I was really happy for him to do well especially after the bulldogs faithful already had him delsited after a string of ordinary games. I'm glad to see a few people choke on their words!

strebla
20-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I am one that you are refering to and am happily munching away it may take me a while but Tiller really did stand up in the last 2 weeks

bulldogtragic
20-09-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't know how you can be in real trouble when you have played a handful of games. He's shown a lot in the past 2 games and on the big stage too. I was really happy for him to do well especially after the bulldogs faithful already had him delsited after a string of ordinary games. I'm glad to see a few people choke on their words!
I wasn't one of those.

By trouble, i meant his indecisiveness. In the ACT game against the Swana he was a deer in the headlight on heaps of occasions. He seemed overawed by making a decision and would not go to the first option. That was a cosistent trend until dropped. He seems to have rectified that somewhat and as such has picked up. People talking about delisting him were delusional, my point was Steve making it for a top up player who gets some games to a regular seniors player. He has shown he can do that.

westdog54
20-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Clayton and Eade - Great drafting and trading.

Morris & Coons - A/A

Josh Hill and Harbrow - Should almost be a 'first picked' in 2009.

Welsh - Very poor finals series, but kicked 40-odd goals.

I'll add to this list:

Ryan Hargrave: By a fair margin his best season ever. Great work.

Ryan Griffen: The only way is up, which is a scary thought.

Will Minson: Massive, Massive steps forward this year, both figuratively and literally.

Tim Callan: Came from nowhere (ok, came from the reigning premiers) to play a functioning role in our backline and has courage in bucketloads. Respect.

LostDoggy
20-09-2008, 02:20 PM
was happy to jump online today and not read too much negative junk....thought the backline was fantastic last night and hope that we can build on it next year....i was unconvince about Tiller, but he was outstanding last night along with shaggy,Morris and Lake!! roll on 09...:D

bornadog
20-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Brad Johnson 50 goals,
Aker 49 goals
Welsh 43 goals
Hahn 34 goals
Gia 33 goals
Murphy 34 goals

Team average per game 16.2

Pretty good return from our forward line

LostDoggy
20-09-2008, 03:59 PM
God where do I start! Firstly, the early pre season paid off, secondly the players that have gone to the next level, Cooney, Griffin, Morris, Hargrave and Boyd.
The unorthodox drafting of players from the club - who can play - Harbrow, Hill, Tiller and Addison. Great pickups in Welsh (OK a bit quiet in the finals but still has been good for us), Hudson and one of my favourite players Tim Callan. Aker coming good from the previous year and the return of Minson.

Beating Sydney (three times:D), beating Saints twice, beating Adelaide and Hawthorn. Staying in the top four for most of the year. Finals, finals and did I mention finals, and lastly Eade's coaching - he outcoached Bomber last night - it was a shame that we couldn't translate it on the scoreboard.

2009 - the Ace Man is coming.....;)

phroosh
20-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Lots of positives, (definitely outweighing the negatives).

My Faves,

Players I've been dismissive of improving quite rapidly. Tom Williams, Dylan Addison, Stephen tiller

Player's my mates have been dismissive of improving too. Josh Hill, Jarrod Harbrow, as well as the above.

Best Seasons for the club. Adam cooney, Ryan Griffen, Big Will, Aker, Ryan Hargrave, Glove.

Three smart sucessful recruits. Callan, Hudson, Welsh.

The coaching. In Rod We Trust.

Real pleased to see positive topics. I'm sure we've all done our share of moping, but the players would be off on the booze having a laugh by now; so should we.

hujsh
21-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Lots of positives, (definitely outweighing the negatives).

My Faves,

Players I've been dismissive of improving quite rapidly. Tom Williams, Dylan Addison, Stephen tiller

Player's my mates have been dismissive of improving too. Josh Hill, Jarrod Harbrow, as well as the above.

Best Seasons for the club. Adam cooney, Ryan Griffen, Big Will, Aker, Ryan Hargrave, Glove.

Three smart sucessful recruits. Callan, Hudson, Welsh.

The coaching. In Rod We Trust.

Real pleased to see positive topics. I'm sure we've all done our share of moping, but the players would be off on the booze having a laugh by now; so should we.

A few of them were having a beer at the Willy game.