PDA

View Full Version : Rob Murphy - Torn Patella tendon

LostDoggy
20-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Rodney Eade just confirmed it on channel 7, been playing on it for weeks with painkillers and is having surgery.
He also said something about Cooney, but i couldn't hear it, he is having surgery aswell

bulldog
20-09-2008, 07:30 PM
also on before the game andy maher said barry hall wants out of sydney and his club of choice is the bulldogs what are everybodys thoughts personally i think we should get him

bulldogtragic
20-09-2008, 07:37 PM
also on before the game andy maher said barry hall wants out of sydney and his club of choice is the bulldogs what are everybodys thoughts personally i think we should get him
Sure, two years only.

LostDoggy
20-09-2008, 07:44 PM
not the big fan of barry Hall.
and could someone change the title to 'torn' rather than turn
thanx

Happy Days
20-09-2008, 08:11 PM
If we can get Hall for cheap (i.e: for nothing) then why not?

ledge
20-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Hall comes in for 2 years, gives us something until Grant is ready.

hujsh
20-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Hall would be great if true

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Hall comes in for 2 years, gives us something until Grant is ready.

If the price isn't too great, I'd be for it. Would much prefer Hall than Thompson if we are to go for a veteran. Halls body is in good nick... just a question mark over his brain.
Think he would provide the perfect short term solution to our Key forward woes, and would as other have said, give Grant time to mature.

Dancin' Douggy
20-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Barry Hall and his whole family were massive Bulldog supporters.

bornadog
20-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Also heard Rocket say he would consider Nathan Thompson after Leon Cameron said the opposite.

craigsahibee
21-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Mark Robinson hinted that Kosi would be a good fit for us. Not too sure about that. I think Hall might be a better option. Farren Ray to St Kilda, Kosi to Sydney and Hall to the Bulldogs. Clean three way swap. Trade week done and dusted. Let's get on with 2009.

GVGjr
21-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Mark Robinson hinted that Kosi would be a good fit for us. Not too sure about that. I think Hall might be a better option. Farren Ray to St Kilda, Kosi to Sydney and Hall to the Bulldogs. Clean three way swap. Trade week done and dusted. Let's get on with 2009.

Why don't you think Kosi would be a good fit for us?
We would probably only be able to play Hall for one season because he will more than likely retire after that. Unless we feel as though he was the missing ingredient between us and the flag this year (and I don't believe that) then trading away Ray who is more than capable of playing for another 5 seasons for someone who has potentially just 16 more games left in him doesn't sound like a great deal. I wouldn't mind Hall at the club next season but I'd want to get him cheaply.

Despite some of his his flaws, Kosi is probably the type of player that we need.

This year we will probably lose West (and maybe Eagleton) but at the end of next season we could be losing Johnson, Akermanis, Welsh, Eagleton, Hudson and, if we got him, Hall. That would be a gaping hole for the club to cover.

IMO, we don't need to add more 30 something players to the squad unless we are very confident we are close to winning the flag.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2008, 03:00 PM
We would probably only be able to play Hall for one season because he will more than likely retire after that. Unless we feel as though he was the missing ingredient between us and the flag this year (and I don't believe that) then trading away Ray who is more than capable of playing for another 5 seasons for someone who has potentially just 16 more games left in him doesn't sound like a great deal. I wouldn't mind Hall at the club next season but I'd want to get him cheaply.

Despite some of his his flaws, Kosi is probably the type of player that we need.

This year we will probably lose West (and maybe Eagleton) but at the end of next season we could be losing Johnson, Akermanis, Welsh, Eagleton, Hudson and, if we got him, Hall. That would be a gaping hole for the club to cover.

IMO, we don't need to add more 30 something players to the squad unless we are very confident we are close to winning the flag.
Great point GVGjr.

That's why i prefer Thorpe, then a gap to Campbell.

Scraggers
21-09-2008, 03:16 PM

I would take Kosi over Hall every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath ...

Hall has seen his best days ... Kosi's are still to come

Dry Rot
21-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Saints would quite rightly want a first round pick (at least) for Kosi or a pretty good player.

How would we be able to offer a first round pick? And wouldn't another club offer a first round pick if Kosi was shopped around?

craigsahibee
21-09-2008, 03:31 PM

I just don't rate him. He is inconsistent and soft.

craigsahibee
21-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Saints would quite rightly want a first round pick (at least) for Kosi or a pretty good player.

How would we be able to offer a first round pick? And wouldn't another club offer a first round pick if Kosi was shopped around?

Clubs will be reluctant to trade picks this year due to the reduction in picks on offer over the next few years. Draft picks will be used on kids while most trades during trade week will be player for player trades.

Dry Rot
21-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Clubs will be reluctant to trade picks this year due to the reduction in picks on offer over the next few years. Draft picks will be used on kids while most trades during trade week will be player for player trades.

They won't be reluctant for players like Kosi and Kerr.

craigsahibee
21-09-2008, 03:56 PM
They won't be reluctant for players like Kosi and Kerr.

Why I used the word "most"

Dry Rot
21-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Why I used the word "most"

I was talking about Kosi so how is your post relevant?

The Pie Man
21-09-2008, 04:21 PM
If the price isn't too great, I'd be for it. Would much prefer Hall than Thompson if we are to go for a veteran. Halls body is in good nick... just a question mark over his brain.
Think he would provide the perfect short term solution to our Key forward woes, and would as other have said, give Grant time to mature.

I agree - yes he's older, but Eade brought him up to Sydney so is (or at least was) clearly a fan. Respects him enough to play Lake on him each time we play Sydney.

Worth the gamble for a potential 2 year flag tilt, and put some grunt into youngens Grant & Boumann.

Kosi - yeah maybe, but honestly I'd prefer Hall. Can't see St Kilda letting him go, and he has no lateral vision. Hall (at his best) works up the ground and can take contested grabs deep in the forward line. He'd be a good get and could be refreshed with a change of scenery.

Topdog
21-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I would take Kosi over Hall every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath ...

Hall has seen his best days ... Kosi's are still to come

People have been saying that for the past 4-5 years. His best days are well and truly behind him.

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I prefer Barry and Jarrod Grant in the forward line for 2009, as Barry drops Jarrod will pick it up until he is our number one forward (I hope:() I think another outside midfielder as well - can't see Banner lasting until unfortunatley.

Scraggers
21-09-2008, 07:44 PM
People have been saying that for the past 4-5 years. His best days are well and truly behind him.

He turned 26 yesterday, and has played 119 games ... 22 of which were this year.

How can you say his best are behind him ?? :confused:

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 10:00 PM

How much closer do you need to be, we were a few errant kicks from a GF?

We have an abundance of good young talent which will need a year or 2 to really develop, so if we can get some experienced players in the mean time at a reasonable price to our club, there is no downside.

GVGjr
21-09-2008, 10:06 PM
How much closer do you need to be, we were a few errant kicks from a GF?

We have an abundance of good young talent which will need a year or 2 to really develop, so if we can get some experienced players in the mean time at a reasonable price to our club, there is no downside.

My concern is more along the lines of losing 6 experienced players all in one season after coming up short again. That would be a disaster for the club and not something that is easily fixed. Getting Hall for 16 games and losing Ray doesn't look right to me.
I'm also still not convinced that we would have beaten the Cats or Hawks even if we had Hall this season. He is also just one more report away from another long holiday as well and he might not be able to maintain his form either.

We would have to get Hall cheaper than a trade for Ray.

gohardorgohome
21-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Kosi really is an Athlete with limited footy smarts. I dont think he would suit. Hall has one season left in him IMO.

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Kosi really is an Athlete with limited footy smarts. I dont think he would suit. Hall has one season left in him IMO.

I would have thought he was the opposite. Has the football smarts but just doesnt have the body that can deliver.

gohardorgohome
22-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I would have thought he was the opposite. Has the football smarts but just doesnt have the body that can deliver.

No he does not read the play overly well and his poor peripheral vision a lack of awareness is well documented. (eg not knowing the Gia was around when he was knocked out a few years back.) Saw him spoil his teammates a few times. I looked at him on Saturday and I would not want him at the 'dogs.

craigsahibee
23-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I was talking about Kosi so how is your post relevant?

There is no way any club would trade draft picks this year (or any year) for that matter for Kosi, a pick after 80 being the exception.

You get more hardness and consistency in a tub of yoghurt, than you get from Kosi.

Simply put, Kosi is a dud, but a dud that could fill a void and be a back-up ruckman for Jolly in Sydney. He is not capable of holding down a KFP.

St Kilda are screaming out for pacy ball carriers in the mould of Farren Ray. If Hall wanted to leave Sydney, and I'm sure the swans will not stand in his way, he could help develop Grant and Boumann during a 2 year stint with us.

bornadog
23-09-2008, 11:47 PM
There is no way any club would trade draft picks this year (or any year) for that matter for Kosi, a pick after 80 being the exception.

You get more hardness and consistency in a tub of yoghurt, than you get from Kosi.

Simply put, Kosi is a dud, but a dud that could fill a void and be a back-up ruckman for Jolly in Sydney. He is not capable of holding down a KFP.

St Kilda are screaming out for pacy ball carriers in the mould of Farren Ray. If Hall wanted to leave Sydney, and I'm sure the swans will not stand in his way, he could help develop Grant and Boumann during a 2 year stint with us.

I would still prefer Kosi over Hall. Hall has done nothing over the poast two years, kicking 41 goals from 15 this year, 44 goals from 20 games last year. Hardly a brilliant record. He had a couple of good years in 2004 - 6.

Dry Rot
23-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I would still prefer Kosi over Hall. Hall has done nothing over the poast two years, kicking 41 goals from 15 this year, 44 goals from 20 games last year. Hardly a brilliant record. He had a couple of good years in 2004 - 6.

To be fair the Swans weren't too flash over the past 2 seasons.

bornadog
24-09-2008, 12:19 PM
To be fair the Swans weren't too flash over the past 2 seasons.

Still made the finals and now Hall is about to turn 32 years old.