PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Grand Final

Dry Rot
21-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Who are you going for? Who will win and why?

Hawks were pretty impressive last night, but the opposition was poor.

I'm going for the Cats (hate the Hawks) and I'll think they'll win - I think they can match and overcome the Hawks strengths.

craigsahibee
21-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Hate the Hawks passionately so it's the Cats for me.

The ideal scenario would be Hawthorn in front by 4 points and Mark Williams has a shot for goal with 30 seconds left and chokes and kicks a behind. Either Buddy or "Chancer" Bateman give away a 50m penalty from the kick in and the resulting kick forward leads to a hands in the back free kick against Trent Croad, and Cam Mooney kicks the winning goal as the siren sounds as the ball is travelling through the sticks. Can you imagine the devastation amongst the Hawthorn fans? Priceless....

Scraggers
21-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I am going for Geelong to go back-2-back

I sooo wanted St. Kilda to win last night ... the parlava has already started "the two best teams of the year are playing off in the Grand Final ..."

I think we were a better team than Hawthorn ... we just had a worse draw with so many interstate games at cruical parts of the season ... I HATE HAWTHORN

GO CATS !!

The Pie Man
21-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I think Hawthorn are perfectly placed to knock em off - I'm actually very nearly convinced they will win. Geelong did nothing for me Friday, their experience got them over the line.

Maybe it was the wake up call they needed - but I believe Hawthorn will win, much better form.

W W Biscuit
21-09-2008, 04:46 PM
'Long-suffering Hawthorn fans' have not suffered nearly enough. Only seventeen years since a premiership, and eight in twenty years prior to that.

God, I hated that Hawks outfit of the 80s. I saw Dipper sitting on his big, fat arse in the stands, looking extremely content as Hawthorn demolished the Saints last night. That is reason enough for me to scream loudly for Cats back-to-back.

DOG GOD
21-09-2008, 05:28 PM
2 of my friends are Hawks fans and i also work with 2 others, so that in itself is enough reason for me to ABSOLUTELY cheer on the cats, although their cockiness is starting to get to me.

Cats for me.

Man i wish it had been dogs/saints.

phroosh
21-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Hate the Hawks passionately so it's the Cats for me.

The ideal scenario would be Hawthorn in front by 4 points and Mark Williams has a shot for goal with 30 seconds left and chokes and kicks a behind. Either Buddy or "Chancer" Bateman give away a 50m penalty from the kick in and the resulting kick forward leads to a hands in the back free kick against Trent Croad, and Cam Mooney kicks the winning goal as the siren sounds as the ball is travelling through the sticks. Can you imagine the devastation amongst the Hawthorn fans? Priceless....

Wow. I don't even hate Richmond or Adelaide that much. That's impressive hate.....

The Coon Dog
21-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I'll watch it because I think it might be a good game. Who do I want to win? To be honest I couldn't give a stuff.

phroosh
21-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I'll watch it because I think it might be a good game. Who do I want to win? To be honest I couldn't give a stuff.

I'm the same. Too soon after we got knocked out. I reckon I was the same in 97/98. My list of priorities is going to be Beer, BBQ, watching the footy on Saturday.

Dry Rot
21-09-2008, 05:41 PM
We have good reasons to hate both teams, but why the almost unanimous hatred of Hawthorn over Geelong?

The Coon Dog
21-09-2008, 05:42 PM
We have good reasons to hate both teams, but why the almost unanimous hatred of Hawthorn over Geelong?
The arrogance of their fans, particularly after they defeated us a fortnight ago, supercilious smug bastards!

W W Biscuit
21-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Dipper, Dermie and the cocky, whiny little upstart that sat in front of me at the 1985 Preliminary Final.

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Jim from Hawthorn - enough to turn any neutral against them.:eek:

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Buddy. No buddy of mine. F*****g sod.

Can't wait for his third strike. I will be dancing in the street that day.

Scraggers
21-09-2008, 07:23 PM
The arrogance of their fans, particularly after they defeated us a fortnight ago, supercilious smug bastards!

Well said ... Can't stand their fans

The Pie Man
21-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Never liked Hawthorn, though Geelong fans bugged me more than Hawthorn's have this finals series. GEEELONNNNGGG GEEELLONNGGGG. - no thanks

LostDoggy
21-09-2008, 08:11 PM

Same here.

Jim from Hawthorn - enough to turn any neutral against them.:eek:

Mmm now that you mention it, id really like Geelong to win. Cant stand Jim, dont even no why we are mentioning his name.

hujsh
21-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Hate Hawks. We and Geelong didn't have to trade all of our senior players for picks to build a team.

BulldogBelle
21-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Not me don't dislike either side - watching the game over at a friends place he organzies a Grand Final BBQ each year so it is always a great day.

Would like to see the Hawks take out the grand prize. In saying that, I hope it is a great game & look forward to watching it.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Stuff Geelong.

I can't stand them.

Mooney is the worst of them all. Absolutely full of himself, and Scarlett isn't too different either. Whilst Bartel and Ablett are gracious footballers, they have a few I can't stand and being from Geelong way, I have to deal with the arrogance every day from a lot of their supporters.

They're my most hated team, so I hope they are left to rue Buddy Love ;)

The Bulldogs Bite
21-09-2008, 09:30 PM

They had every right to after the crap we served up that night.

Geelong supporters are far worse IMO, walking to the game I heard a number of them bragging about how we shouldn't even 'turn up'. They are a great side but their arrogance is ridiculous.

Max469
21-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Hope the Hawks win.

All teams can become arrogant when they win most of the time.

But to the bozo Geelong supporters who were calling Doggy supporters "Losers" when leaving the ground on Friday night - Go Suffer.

The Coon Dog
21-09-2008, 09:38 PM
They had every right to after the crap we served up that night.

It doesn't include 40 year old blokes waving scarfs in the faces of Bulldog supporting children after the final siren. I'm not a violent person, but if I'd have seen the clown that did that to my son I'd have bloody clobbered the mongrel. I thought he was crying because he was upset about losing, I didn't realise this crettin had frightened & taunted him. I was walking ahead with my daughter while my wife was with TCP.

bornadog
21-09-2008, 11:31 PM
It doesn't include 40 year old blokes waving scarfs in the faces of Bulldog supporting children after the final siren. I'm not a violent person, but if I'd have seen the clown that did that to my son I'd have bloody clobbered the mongrel. I thought he was crying because he was upset about losing, I didn't realise this crettin had frightened & taunted him. I was walking ahead with my daughter while my wife was with TCP.

That is the one thing that can get me violent is an opposition scarf or flag waved in my face and touching my head, especially when your leaving after being beaten

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2008, 11:34 PM

You were sitting a few rows in front of us so I'm sure we're thinking of the same guy, beard, unkept hair, no. 23 on his Hawthorn jumper.

The little kid in the Bulldogs jumper he was tormenting (who was bawling his eyes out) was his kid.

The Coon Dog
21-09-2008, 11:37 PM
You were sitting a few rows in front of us so I'm sure we're thinking of the same guy, beard, unkept hair, no. 23 on his Hawthorn jumper.

The little kid in the Bulldogs jumper he was tormenting (who was bawling his eyes out) was his kid.

Not sure Jim, I didn't see him as we were ahead of my wife & Ryan. It was on the way out, past the seats.

BulldogBelle
22-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Hate the Hawks.

Hope they get smashed.

dadsgirl16
22-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Geelong for mine I HATE Kennett with a passion!! And I agree Hawk supporters are sooo smug and Jim is sooo irritating!!!I swap stations when he rings in.

KT31
22-09-2008, 11:18 PM
The way Hawthorn players carry on after they kick a goal is just as bad as the way their supportors carried on when we left the ground.

KT31
22-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I hope the arrogant Hawthorn tossers get smashed !!

LostDoggy
26-09-2008, 01:43 AM
The Cats to win by a margin of 27 pts. Gary Ablett Jnr to take out the Norm Smith Medal.

Dry Rot
26-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Yep, the Cats by 3 goals. Hope Chapman kills them - great player.

But how will the Cats counter Hodge?

dog town
26-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I will be supporting Geelong but for some reason I think Hawthorn will win. Just seem to be hitting form at the right time and have the weapons to split Geelong open. I think it will be a great game. I was surprised that Geelong dropped Wojinski. I thought he would have been handy breaking through Hawthorns zone. I would have dropped Stokes or Varcoe for Chapman, like for like.

I will be in Adelaide for my footy trip watching it at The Ramsgate if any Adelaide folk want to come have a few beers.

The Underdog
26-09-2008, 10:19 AM
You mean they're still playing football?

I actually was somewhat enamoured of Hawthorn in the 80's, plus they were the enemy of Essendon, so being my enemy's enemy and all that, I quite admired them and the way they went about it. As for nowadays, well to be honest I don't care who wins on Saturday. I think Geelong will but Hawthorn have the pieces to knock them off if all goes right. Still it's hard to overlook Geelong's season so I think they'll prevail again.

Sockeye Salmon
26-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Yep, the Cats by 3 goals. Hope Chapman kills them - great player.

Rooke

bornadog
26-09-2008, 11:11 AM

agree with SS, Rooke, watch the first 5 minutes of the game

Dry Rot
26-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Do the Cats have a Plan B in the event that the Hawks can actually close down their free running game?

LostDoggy
26-09-2008, 02:33 PM
It's more my wanting Hawthorn to lose, rather than wanting Geelong to win. Surely Geelong have the experience to snuff out the Hawks.

The Pie Man
26-09-2008, 02:48 PM

Father of the year material right there - sorry, but I find that hilarious (in a completely wrong way) What a moron

aker39
26-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I got very angry walking around the city at lunch time watching all this Hawthorn & Geelong supporters with bug smiles on their faces.

Are we ever going to get the chance to experience Grand Final week.

The Underdog
26-09-2008, 03:29 PM
I got very angry walking around the city at lunch time watching all this Hawthorn & Geelong supporters with bug smiles on their faces.

Are we ever going to get the chance to experience Grand Final week.

Do you really want an answer to that?:o

(Although bug smiles made me smile, eh bro)

hujsh
26-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Father of the year material right there - sorry, but I find that hilarious (in a completely wrong way) What a moron

After Geelong beat us a few years back my Dad said, when we got home, "All the little puppies out of the car." It was extremely annoying and i heard it the next few days so it's not uncommon.