Why are we losing all our top staff :confused:

westdog54
22-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Didnt know who he was at first

Why are we losing all our top staff :confused:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Underdog
22-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Sure it's disappointing, but let's cut to the real issue here. Aker39, after Friday night's non decision, it's time for you to change your avatar...seriously.

aker39
22-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Sure it's disappointing, but let's cut to the real issue here. Aker39, after Friday night's non decision, it's time for you to change your avatar...seriously.

I was thinking of sending it to The Coon Dog for him to do some creative photoshop work on it.

bornadog
22-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Good riddance, Geelong got rid of him as he didn't help them one bit. Too much of a theorist.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-09-2008, 08:47 PM
A fair turn over in staff in 2 years?

Should we be concerned?

LostDoggy
22-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think we should be too upset. Have a look at some of the our the builds of our players, compare it to the some of the Cats, hawks, and look at the Brisbane during their successful era. A bit more time in the gym core strength and harder bodies 5-10kgs all round would go astray.
New Training Program
New Training Ideas

Train to Train
Train to Play
Train to Win

Go Dogs 09 Faster Harder Stronger More bite

BulldogBelle
22-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't think we should be too upset. Have a look at some of the our the builds of our players, compare it to the some of the Cats, hawks, and look at the Brisbane during their successful era. A bit more time in the gym core strength and harder bodies 5-10kgs all round would go astray.
New Training Program
New Training Ideas

Train to Train
Train to Play
Train to Win

Totaly agree! Am sure we can find someone else suitable very quickly. Should be appealing given our success in 08 and the fact that the successful candidate will have an entire university (students + faculty) behind him.

Topdog
22-09-2008, 11:02 PM
New Training Program
New Training Ideas

Train to Train
Train to Play
Train to Win

How long do you think he has been at the Bulldogs? My memory (and I haven't done any research) is this was his 2nd year here. We are a heck of a lot stronger and harder now then we were 2 years ago

LostDoggy
23-09-2008, 12:14 PM
How long do you think he has been at the Bulldogs? My memory (and I haven't done any research) is this was his 2nd year here. We are a heck of a lot stronger and harder now then we were 2 years ago

I think it was 3 years. The only reason we look harder and stronger this year is we got Crossy, Griffen and Hahn back and recruited Tim Callan 4 guys with bigger stronger harder bodies.
And what about the Smashing the players in to the ground during the split round?
Overtraining = Poor Performance. Tired worn out players is what our performances looked like to me.

Cyberdoggie
23-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I think it was 3 years. The only reason we look harder and stronger this year is we got Crossy, Griffen and Hahn back and recruited Tim Callan 4 guys with bigger stronger harder bodies.
And what about the Smashing the players in to the ground during the split round?
Overtraining = Poor Performance. Tired worn out players is what our performances looked like to me.

I think we did put a lot of work into strength for the first time this year.

They talk about it every year but this year they did improve a bit.

You only need to look at Callan Ward now compared to when we drafted him to see that they are working on it.

Players are always massive at the start of the season but as the year goes on on the focus on weights work is less as players are struggling to get up from week to week, putting too much emphasis on weights work wouldn't be the best preparation.
You can see how big Crossy and Tim Callan were at the start compared to their frames now. They have thinned out considerably.

With the amount of cardio work these guys do it wouldn't be easy to keep the weight on

Go_Dogs
23-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Bit disappointing to lose him, as I thought we were pretty well conditioned this year, fitter and stronger. Hopefully we can get a good appointment in place as soon as possible. Mark Williams is licking his lips down at Port, so Cameron must have been doing something right.

Topdog
23-09-2008, 06:47 PM

And look at our last 2 games of the year! We looked back to our best and that is exactly what we had hoped for. I don't think anyone can deny that if we had of kicked straight we would have beaten Geelong or at the very least it would have been a 1-2 goal game.

The extra training that we did was definitely beneficial probably just 1 week too late as if we beat the Hawks first up we'd be playing this week.