Peter Street - Calf – Test

Robert Murphy - Knee – Available

Stephen Tiller - Foot – Test

Michael West - Knee - 1 week

Brennan Stack - Ankle - 3 weeks

Gavin Hughes - Hamstring – Test

Mitch Hahn - Knee - Ongoing assessment

Tim Walsh - Knee - Ongoing assessment

Luke Darcy - Still rehabilitating in the aim of obtaining match conditioning after being out for the past two seasons

Chris Grant - Started pre season in December and will be playing matches within the next week as part of his 2007 program

Not looking too bad especially as GVG jnr tells me that what was thought to be hamstring related back pain has improved dramatically as a result of some acupuncture.

On another related topic I'm going to put up a blog about the worst football injury that I ever witnessed occur to a Bulldog player. Have a look at the Neil Sachse Blog. Here's the link
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=365

southerncross
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
A number of players not too far away bodes well for the start of the season.
I'd like to see Hughes available for this week.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Nothing really major, the majority range between 1 -3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing Murphy grace the field again. I have missed watching him in the side.

southerncross
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Nothing really major, the majority range between 1 -3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing Murphy grace the field again. I have missed watching him in the side.

Murphy is well ahead of schedule and I have been told he has worked very hard to get himself right. A couple of weeks ago I saw him running and he sideways agility was excellent. The type of player that just might get back into the line up like he was just missed couple of weeks.

LostDoggy
05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Murphy is well ahead of schedule and I have been told he has worked very hard to get himself right. A couple of weeks ago I saw him running and he sideways agility was excellent. The type of player that just might get back into the line up like he was just missed couple of weeks.

Thats great news he seems to have really knuckled down and got himself up and running ( so to speak) very quickly and as you have mentioned the sideways agility movement he is doing says a lot about his recovery. Kinda reminds me of Libba IIRC it took him around 18 weeks to come back from his knee?

W W Biscuit
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Thats great news he seems to have really knuckled down and got himself up and running ( so to speak) very quickly and as you have mentioned the sideways agility movement he is doing says a lot about his recovery. Kinda reminds me of Libba IIRC it took him around 18 weeks to come back from his knee?

I notice that Tom Williams is not on that list. Does anyone have an update on his progress?

alwaysadog
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM

As I was listening to the radio on the way to last friday's game, the SEN team were already in their booth and said that Murph was out on the ground practising his goal kicking. I can't wait till he gets to the real thing

alwaysadog
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I notice that Tom Williams is not on that list. Does anyone have an update on his progress?

Have emailed the source of the list with a request for news of Tom's progress.

Hopefully will have some news in 24 hrs.

alwaysadog
05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
If all the injury recovery has been as well handled as Shaggy's was then we are in for a treat. Thought he was very good first up on Friday, especially as I had been sceptical earlier in the week about his chances of playing.

W W Biscuit
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Have emailed the source of the list with a request for news of Tom's progress.

Hopefully will have some news in 24 hrs.

You're a legend. :)

bornadog
06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Darcy may not play this weekend according to Eade (source radio interview)

southerncross
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Darcy may not play this weekend according to Eade (source radio interview)

I don't think he will play given some of the other reports I have heard. The week he will be available.

alwaysadog
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
No response from source at club re Williams. Anyone got time tomorrow to ring the Footy Dept, get the gen. and post it?

southerncross
06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
No response from source at club re Williams. Anyone got time tomorrow to ring the Footy Dept, get the gen. and post it?

I will have a crack at it. This cloak and dagger stuff about Williams is beyond a joke. If there is another problem they should just come out and say so.

Go_Dogs
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Isn't Williams back running? What makes everyone assume he is re-injured?

southerncross
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Isn't Williams back running? What makes everyone assume he is re-injured?

I contacted a friend who often attends the training sessions and he still thinks Williams is good to go and will play a few games for Werribee 2nd's team. That is why he is not appearing on the injured list.
Given the length of time he has been injured the report should say:
Williams - Available

alwaysadog
07-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I contacted a friend who often attends the training sessions and he still thinks Williams is good to go and will play a few games for Werribee 2nd's team. That is why he is not appearing on the injured list.
Given the length of time he has been injured the report should say:
Williams - Available

Agree wholeheartedly; available or test. While I inquired if his absence meant he was back in full training I was inclined to fear the worst. After all he only has to look at a ladder not even walk under one for a curse to descend on him.

If the reappearance of every other player from long term injury, including Walsh, has been proclaimed what has Tom done to deserve such silence.

Sockeye Salmon
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Agree wholeheartedly; available or test. While I inquired if his absence meant he was back in full training I was inclined to fear the worst. After all he only has to look at a ladder not even walk under one for a curse to descend on him.

If the reappearance of every other player from long term injury, including Walsh, has been proclaimed what has Tom done to deserve such silence.

Perhaps it's an admission that he never really existed in the first place.

LostDoggy
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Perhaps it's an admission that he never really existed in the first place.

It's just about getting that way isn't it?
This is very frustrating, we finally use an early draft pick on a tall work in progress footballer and yet we cannot even get him onto the park. The guy is crying out to get some games into him and we just keep putting back his due date. The club can keep talking him up but it has to be very doubtful if this guy can make it.

W W Biscuit
07-03-2007, 08:54 PM
This is very frustrating, we finally use an early draft pick on a tall work in progress footballer and yet we cannot even get him onto the park.

Tim Walsh.

Let's all join hands and pray for Andrejs.

Go_Dogs
08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Tim Walsh.

Let's all join hands and pray for Andrejs.

Agreed. It seems to be a bit of a curse going on atm.

alwaysadog
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
It's official, response from club to request for news of Tom.

"Yes, Tom is training with the main group."

So all we cynics will need to wish him well, hold our breath and hope he stays healthy.

Given his history they will be very cautious with him, but it's good that he is in full training before the season starts.

Quite a good week so far for news on the injury front.

Did anyone watch the boxing clip on the club site. It seems to have been removed now the redesign of the web pages has occurred but it was very enlightening to see how it is used in player rehab and how much they can be pushed in the ring to build fitness without compromising their recovery.

Also interesting to see how well Shaggy can perform as a boxer. Hope he keeps those skills in the ring.

Go_Dogs
08-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Great news about Tom. Here's hoping he can string some good games together for the B's and make some sort of impact at senior level before the year is out.

Dry Rot
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
If he's fit, a real X factor for us in 2008.

Go_Dogs
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
What about 2007? I remember OS saying that he thought Williams would potentially be able to offer us something once he gets some games under his belt and builds up some momentum.

I wouldn't be writing off his chances to play a few games this year.

But your very right, if he can stay fit, 2008 is suddenly looks much brighter given that Grant will surely be gone, and Darcy still has question marks over him.

Raw Toast
08-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Good news that Williams has joined the main training group. Just another reason to go watch some Werribee games this year.

GVGjr
08-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't be writing off his chances to play a few games this year.

But your very right, if he can stay fit, 2008 is suddenly looks much brighter given that Grant will surely be gone, and Darcy still has question marks over him.

Eade has made mention a few times that if Williams can maintain his fitness would be considered for senior duties in the latter half of the 2007. Now that could just be a bit of Eade spin but it strikes me that they do hold him in such regard. I don't think too many would forget his little cameo against Carlton in a preseason game where he dashed down the field with the ball and launched a 60mtr torp on the run.

alwaysadog
10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Eade has made mention a few times that if Williams can maintain his fitness would be considered for senior duties in the latter half of the 2007. Now that could just be a bit of Eade spin but it strikes me that they do hold him in such regard. I don't think too many would forget his little cameo against Carlton in a preseason game where he dashed down the field with the ball and launched a 60mtr torp on the run.

Yes it was lovely to watch. The only problem is that it is a solo effort, so far.

Re Eade's strategy, I think he is trying to take all the pressure off Tom. Usually he has a don't tell me, show me approach and puts it on the player to perform. With Williams I think he is prepared to give him time so that he doesn't push too hard too soon nor will they push his development.

I recall that when he was selected for the practice game it was just days after we had had another three choruses of the "We won't see anything of him this year he's only played a handful of games in this code."

I'm not wishing anything other than that he can stay fit. The rest will take care of itself.

By the way did he play with Werribee today? Now that would be a huge step IMO.

LostDoggy
10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw Griffen, M West and Williams getting into Griffen's car on the way out. If we can ever get Williams right he will add a lot to us.

alwaysadog
11-03-2007, 04:13 AM
I saw Griffen, M West and Williams getting into Griffen's car on the way out. If we can ever get Williams right he will add a lot to us.

Amen, brother.

alwaysadog
19-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Injury list from the club today Monday 19 March is as follows

Michael West - Knee – Test

Tom Williams – Foot - Test

Mitch Hahn - Knee - Ongoing assessment

Wayde Skipper – Foot – Awaiting further assessment

Chris Grant – Groin – Awaiting further assessment

Unfortunately don't know how the assessment went for Grant today.

Anyone got any news?

Go_Dogs
20-03-2007, 09:08 AM
What was wrong with M.West's knee?

Seems like he has gone back a bit over the last 6 months - especially considering all the good reports floating around about him last season.

bornadog
20-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Confirmed today that a scan has revealed no tear to Grant's groin and could still be available for round one.

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 05:14 PM
What was wrong with M.West's knee?

Seems like he has gone back a bit over the last 6 months - especially considering all the good reports floating around about him last season.

Saw him at the family day he has really filled out, mind you he's not huge now but he has lost his stick figure appearance. He put in a huge preseason, was really fit and about a month ago he damaged the cartilege in his bad knee so has been restricted to boxing etc. He says his fitness is no where near what it was.

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Confirmed today that a scan has revealed no tear to Grant's groin and could still be available for round one.

Very little good news out of the West, this is the best we could hope for. Sounds like he will play. Grant, Wight and Hargrave should manage OK for the first couple of weeks.