PDA

View Full Version : 2009 will be our year

LostDoggy
28-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Cooney will win his second brownlow, Ward will win the rising star award, but most importantly the Western Bulldogs will be the 2009 premiers. Next year is our year 2009 will go down in history as the year of the Bulldogs.

StaRRy#9
28-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Cooney will win his second brownlow, Ward will win the rising star award, but most importantly the Western Bulldogs will be the 2009 premiers. Next year is our year 2009 will go down in history as the year of the Bulldogs.

I like your thinking, however i doubt that Cooney will be given the same latitude as he was in the first half of this season. He will have to do it tough next year. But if he can get through another pre season, he should have the pace to shake taggers.

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Griff for Brownlow next year;). Top five being:

R Griffen, J Selwood, C Judd, G Ablett and A Coooooney.

LostDoggy
29-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Big year for Griffen next years, got his running power back now. If he keeps kicking goals from outside 50 he will get votes...
Does anyone reckon Skipper could play up forward? he can take a grab and kicks well, that will fit in nicely with our game plan too.. I am not sure Hall is the answer.

Mantis
29-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Griff for Brownlow next year;). Top five being:

R Griffen, J Selwood, C Judd, G Ablett and A Coooooney.

Where's Adam Goodes? If he plays 15 games he will finish top 5.

The Underdog
29-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Big year for Griffen next years, got his running power back now. If he keeps kicking goals from outside 50 he will get votes...
Does anyone reckon Skipper could play up forward? he can take a grab and kicks well, that will fit in nicely with our game plan too.. I am not sure Hall is the answer.

To be honest Hall isn't the long term answer to our tall forward issues, he would surely be only a short term solution and I'm still not sure whether I'd be in favour of it or not. I'm still not sure we're as close as we think we are, but only time will tell.

As for your question about Skipper, the answer has pretty much proved to be no. He has had one good game where he kicked a bag against Geelong and took one timely mark against St.Kilda to earn the rep of having a good grab. Minson took more contested marks and marks on the lead this year than Skipper ever has yet no one thinks he is our best bet at FF. I'd love Skip to prove me wrong and he's definitely a better kick than Minson but I don't imagine anyone views him as being a good bet as a long term forward option.

Mantis
29-09-2008, 04:23 PM
To be honest Hall isn't the long term answer to our tall forward issues, he would surely be only a short term solution and I'm still not sure whether I'd be in favour of it or not. I'm still not sure we're as close as we think we are, but only time will tell.

You would have to think that we are alot closer than 10 or 12 other teams so we can't be too far away.

The Underdog
29-09-2008, 04:41 PM
You would have to think that we are alot closer than 10 or 12 other teams so we can't be too far away.

Yeah but it can go 2 ways. I guess my point is that in 2006 Freo were preliminary finalists which just goes to show that just because you got close it doesn't mean you're automatically going back there. My unease centres a bit around us potentially giving away draft picks for a guy who has only 2 years left in him which if it works is great but if doesn't could help set us back. There have also been a few instances this year where the club hasn't seemed as stable as you'd hope for a team on the rise so I guess my lack of confidence stems from that a little too.

Happy Days
29-09-2008, 04:45 PM

Given how he polled this year, if he played 15 games, you'd surely pencil him in for 45 votes :p

bornadog
29-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah but it can go 2 ways. I guess my point is that in 2006 Freo were preliminary finalists which just goes to show that just because you got close it doesn't mean you're automatically going back there. My unease centres a bit around us potentially giving away draft picks for a guy who has only 2 years left in him which if it works is great but if doesn't could help set us back. There have also been a few instances this year where the club hasn't seemed as stable as you'd hope for a team on the rise so I guess my lack of confidence stems from that a little too.

We need to go for draft picks not trades for Hall.

dadsgirl16
29-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Lets hope it can be our year altho I have been saying that for a long time now!! Would love Griff to
go close next year or Coons back to back!
And as a newbie thanks for the welcome(I was too late to reply before post closed)

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 08:59 PM

Unfortunately true, although playing in such a bad side may stop him ;)