PDA

View Full Version : Footy Withdrawal

Bulldog Revolution
29-09-2008, 05:17 PM
2 days after the grand final and I am already suffering from it

Bring on trade week, and the draft

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah i feel the same way BR. Usually i don't mind as i love cricket too, but there's unfinished business and i feel like we should be doing something.

I hope we have a good trade week. And draft too.

LostDoggy
29-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah arent we all.

I cant wait for trade week, etc etc

There is always such optimism around, even clubs like Melbourne who are doing it tough have reasons to be positive.

Im really looking forward to the training reports. They are a great read.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Will Whitten oval be open for public viewing for training and preseason games in 4 months or so?

Mantis
29-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Will Whitten oval be open for public viewing for training and preseason games in 4 months or so?

Ring or email the club I'm sure they will let you know.

wb_age
29-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Also consider that the boys will be off in the states doing their pre season..

westdog54
29-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah arent we all.

There is always such optimism around, even clubs like Melbourne who are doing it tough have reasons to be positive.

You'll have to join us down there one day Borgy.

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 08:52 PM
The pre-season has become the most exciting time of the year football wise for me, so much hope and optimism for the coming unsuccessful season. :o

MrMahatma
29-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Would hope so. Surely the place would be nearly 100% complete by the time new year rolls around?

BulldogBelle
29-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Would hope so. Surely the place would be nearly 100% complete by the time new year rolls around?

I hear somewhere around late January early Feb it should all be finished. All going well and to plan ofcourse.

Bulldog Revolution
29-09-2008, 10:33 PM
The pre-season has become the most exciting time of the year football wise for me, so much hope and optimism for the coming unsuccessful season. :o

That's just too danny from droop st for me Scorlibo, particularly on the second day after the season finishes, and even if it is tongue in cheek

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 10:54 PM
That's just too danny from droop st for me Scorlibo, particularly on the second day after the season finishes, and even if it is tongue in cheek

Don't worry BR, I was cheering just as hard in 03 as in 08, and will be cheering even harder in 09 because its OUR TIME.:)

anthj
30-09-2008, 12:51 PM
The NBA Season starts soon, so it's all good.

I wonder how many members the club will get next season?

BulldogBelle
30-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I wonder how many members the club will get next season?

Hopefully considerably more than this season, we suffered membership wise after our disastrous second half fade out in 2007. With a preliminary final appearance this year, those non members might jump back on.

Twodogs
30-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah arent we all.

I can only think of one-they arent going to lose any more games until next year at least.

BulldogBelle
30-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I can only think of one-they arent going to lose any more games until next year at least.

It is looking grim for Melbourne, I remember reading somewhere that Cooney polled the same amount of votes in the Brownlow as the whole Melbourne team did collectively.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 05:33 PM
It is looking grim for Melbourne, I remember reading somewhere that Cooney polled the same amount of votes in the Brownlow as the whole Melbourne team did collectively.
Ouch.

Having said that, i wouldn't trade Cooney for the entire Melbourne playing list either...

Scraggers
30-09-2008, 10:33 PM
When do next year's fixtures come out ???

My mates and I are planning a footy 'bender' weekend for early next year ...

We fly over on the Thursday night after work, go to Friday night match, Saturday match, Saturday night match, Sunday match and (hopefully) a Sunday twilight match ... then fly back Monday.

The only luggage we take is our wallets and a packet of panadol

BulldogBelle
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM

Went to past players end of year function on sunday. David Smorgan was there and told everyone that the infill building should be in use within about four weeks.

He also told us that Faloon (spelling??) was offered 80% pay hike by Port to get him there.

westdog54
01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Went to past players end of year function on sunday. David Smorgan was there and told everyone that the infill building should be in use within about four weeks.

He also told us that Faloon (spelling??) was offered 80% pay hike by Port to get him there.

Its amazing what getting a fair amount of stadium revenue can do for a club with a mediocre supporter base:rolleyes:.

bornadog
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM

Smorgon

Falloon

Go_Dogs
01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Falloon

Geez, Port had Andrew Russell in the past too, so they obviously know who is good. 80% pay rise is huge...we are going to have to increase the amount we're prepared to spend in this area, urgently.

bornadog
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Geez, Port had Andrew Russell in the past too, so they obviously know who is good. 80% pay rise is huge...we are going to have to increase the amount we're prepared to spend in this area, urgently.

I heard that Carlton threw some big bucks at the previous fitness advisor (sorry forgot his name). Scotty Clayton also has a big increase to go to GC17

Go_Dogs
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I heard that Carlton threw some big bucks at the previous fitness advisor (sorry forgot his name). Scotty Clayton also has a big increase to go to GC17

When I crack my first billion... :D

bulldogtragic
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
But didn't he then jump ship to Cricket Australia?

I wish I was a 'Visy' Ambassador.