PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed by Channel 10: Ryan O'Keefe wants back to Melbourne

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Very interesting news in deed. Wants to go to a team with an open premiership window.

Thoughts?

GVGjr
29-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Terrific player but he isn't a KPP. Murphy, Hahn and even Welsh player a similar role for us.

My guess is that if we chased him hard we wouldn't then have the options to land a decent KPP. Would he make us that much better of a side? We would be better but I don't know if he could have got us into the GF this year.

Born & Bred
29-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Move heaven and earth to get him. He is a gun and his old man played for the club.

GVGjr
29-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Move heaven and earth to get him. He is a gun and his old man played for the club.

I don't think too many will dispute that but won't we be adding another midsized forward without addressing our need for a KPP if we chased him hard?

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Me thinks Sydney will really want to hold onto Barry Hall now, and he is under contract.

The asking price for Barry just went up very, very much...

LostDoggy
29-09-2008, 07:16 PM
He is 190cm but unfortunatly doesnt play like a KPP. Could we make him into one?

He is a very good player with a fantastic aerobic capacity but i dont think he fits our needs. At 28 years old we would only get another 2 years of top flight football out of him, and we would be sacraficing atleast our 2nd rounder. I dont thinks its worth it. We cant keep on trading away our future by topping up with players that are past/passing it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't think too many will dispute that but won't we be adding another midsized forward without addressing our need for a KPP if we chased him hard?

Correctamundo! As good a player O'Keefe is. He is not the type of player we should be going all out for.

I think we need to target a developed Tall forward, and now that Ray is going, a run-the-lines type midfielder.

Topdog
29-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Agree with GVG and YHF. Very good player but not what will bring us a premiership.

GVGjr
29-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I was listening to On the Couch where they made mention that Aker thought he was out of favour with the club. I didn't hear it clearly but they indicated he thought he might be asked to retire. I don't think Aker will be going anywhere but I wonder if there is a thought at the club about clearing the decks to have a crack at a high profile player?

Scraggers
29-09-2008, 10:57 PM
He is 190cm but unfortunatly doesnt play like a KPP. Could we make him into one?

He is a very good player with a fantastic aerobic capacity but i dont think he fits our needs. At 28 years old we would only get another 2 years of top flight football out of him, and we would be sacraficing atleast our 2nd rounder. I dont thinks its worth it. We cant keep on trading away our future by topping up with players that are past/passing it.

I second that ...

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I was listening to On the Couch where they made mention that Aker thought he was out of favour with the club. I didn't hear it clearly but they indicated he thought he might be asked to retire. I don't think Aker will be going anywhere but I wonder if there is a thought at the club about clearing the decks to have a crack at a high profile player?

Hope not, Aker is of more value to us than O'Keefe with our premiership tilt being the next couple of years and Aker being one of the most fearsome finals players. I can't see why he'd be out of favour with the club.

bornadog
30-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Responding to questions about Westy, I heard Aker say that the club is going for younger players due to GC17 situation coming up and that even he was too old, but he did say he would play one more year.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Apparently Aker's been voicing these concerns, but they've been cleared up by Eade, and he'll be playing in 09.

Little strange though. Aker's been good for the club, but he comes up with some weird 'assessments' at times. He speaks the truth which is always interesting, and he's certainly pretty intelligent, but he comes up with some rather strange outlooks.

MrMahatma
30-09-2008, 03:44 AM
From the Age:

From Strathmore, he played under-18s for the Calder Canons before being drafted by the Swans in 1999 at pick 56. He grew up supporting Footscray, the team his father played for, but the Dogs are believed not to be among those pursuing him.

http://http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/okeefe-to-meet-other-clubs/2008/09/29/1222650989902.html

The Underdog
30-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Apparently Aker's been voicing these concerns, but they've been cleared up by Eade, and he'll be playing in 09.

Little strange though. Aker's been good for the club, but he comes up with some weird 'assessments' at times. He speaks the truth which is always interesting, and he's certainly pretty intelligent, but he comes up with some rather strange outlooks.

Or at least speaks his version of the truth. I actually came away from the finals this year wondering if maybe we wouldn't be better off trading Aker if there was a mid range draft pick in it for us. I know it won't happen and we wouldn't get decent reward if we did trade him but his second half of the season had me wondering about his value to us, both on and off the field.

strebla
30-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Or at least speaks his version of the truth. I actually came away from the finals this year wondering if maybe we wouldn't be better off trading Aker if there was a mid range draft pick in it for us. I know it won't happen and we wouldn't get decent reward if we did trade him but his second half of the season had me wondering about his value to us, both on and off the field.

I agree on the second half of the year although he wasn't on his own BJ and Hudson also struggled the preseaon may be a little too long for our older brigade maybe a refined preseason could have these 3 players fit and firing for the whole year next year

LostDoggy
30-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I thought this thread was about O'keefe? ...Getting back on topic i think he would be fanastic as a "list topper" but we should really be getting after someone that has real size and can take a contested catch up front!!

Raw Toast
30-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Personally, I reckon we should be going harder for O'Keefe than for someone like Hall (though I'd be happy if we got Hall without having to pay over the odds).

O'Keefe suits our game-plan to a tee, would give us more running ability, would allow us to play Murphy back or on a wing (at times), and is a good contested mark. Basically he'd add to what should be our strengths, and give Eade great flexibility. I like the idea of Hall, but he would add to some of our weaknesses, and make someone like Minson less effective (we'd struggle to play both forward at the same time I reckon).

And yes, I do think if we had O'Keefe in our pre-lim side we would have been significantly more likely to win.

Yes our structure would still be non-traditional, but someone like Hall is going to limit our defensive pressure, whereas another excellent forward flanker like O'Keefe would help free up our other forwards, increase our forward defensive pressure, and also enable us to strengthen our backline when need be (one of the things he is really good at is floating back to help out defenders and then working hard to become an option upfield - his work-rate is excellent).

dog town
30-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Personally, I reckon we should be going harder for O'Keefe than for someone like Hall (though I'd be happy if we got Hall without having to pay over the odds).

I thought you would be all over this RT. I suppose there is a fair bit of cost versus reward in it. At 28 you dont want to pay with early draft picks I wouldn't have thought. Given that the swans have said they cant afford to bottom out we could be some chance in a player for player swap. Kerr and his availability will have a big impact on this trade. If Kerr wants out then the swans will be after early picks which we cannot provide. Only a fool would say that he would not make a difference in our side. Alot of things would have to fall into place for us to have a chance and then we would have to have something that interests them.

O'Keefe suits our game-plan to a tee, would give us more running ability, would allow us to play Murphy back or on a wing (at times), and is a good contested mark. Basically he'd add to what should be our strengths, and give Eade great flexibility.
It does give us enormous flexibilty. Murphy could also play deeper at times as he did early in 2006.

And yes, I do think if we had O'Keefe in our pre-lim side we would have been significantly more likely to win.

Yes our structure would still be non-traditional, but someone like Hall is going to limit our defensive pressure, whereas another excellent forward flanker like O'Keefe would help free up our other forwards, increase our forward defensive pressure, and also enable us to strengthen our backline when need be (one of the things he is really good at is floating back to help out defenders and then working hard to become an option upfield - his work-rate is excellent). All valid points. The defensive pressure is an interesting one. Its something Eade and his men will be weighing up when considering any tall. I am not sure what the answer is but whether we pick up Hall, Campbell, Hansen or pull bloody Brett Spinks out of retirement, the question about our ability to pressure the opposition has to be asked. Minson is going to be needed up forward at times but we will look fairly sluggish with him and another tall up forward. It almost rules Campbell out immediately I would have thought. We are probably not in a position to run Hudson and Minson on and off the bench for the majority of a game.

O'Keefe also brings grunt, physcality and premiership experience which should not be under valued.

He is worth thinking about anyway.

Mantis
30-09-2008, 12:42 PM

O'Keefe suits our game-plan to a tee, would give us more running ability, would allow us to play Murphy back or on a wing (at times), and is a good contested mark. Basically he'd add to what should be our strengths, and give Eade great flexibility. I like the idea of Hall, but he would add to some of our weaknesses, and make someone like Minson less effective (we'd struggle to play both forward at the same time I reckon).

Yes our structure would still be non-traditional, but someone like Hall is going to limit our defensive pressure, whereas another excellent forward flanker like O'Keefe would help free up our other forwards, increase our forward defensive pressure, and also enable us to strengthen our backline when need be (one of the things he is really good at is floating back to help out defenders and then working hard to become an option upfield - his work-rate is excellent).

I think we all agree that he is a player that would suit our game style and fit into our team with ease, but would the asking price be a bit too much for what we have to offer?

O'Keefe would demand a 1st rd draft pick and as we will probably have to use our's on Cordy it means we would have to trade for another one and that would mean giving up a quality player (which I'm not opposed to) OR trade this quality player directly to Sydney.

anthj
30-09-2008, 12:50 PM
That's pretty cool that O'Keefe grew up a Footscray supporter! :p

Mofra
30-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Agree with a few here about O'Keefe fitting in nicely at the Bulldogs - he'd be our best forward if he came here and could comfortably replace any one of our forwards, unfortunately he's going to cost way too much.

anthj
30-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Agree with a few here about O'Keefe fitting in nicely at the Bulldogs - he'd be our best forward if he came here and could comfortably replace any one of our forwards, unfortunately he's going to cost way too much.

I don't think he would cost too much as he is out of contract which limits the bargaining power of Sydney. He could even go in the PSD.

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think he would cost too much as he is out of contract which limits the bargaining power of Sydney. He could even go in the PSD.

Don't kid yourself.

Good players almost never go into the PSD and Sydney will get a 1st rounder or a very good player for him.

Raw Toast
30-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I thought you would be all over this RT.
Yes O'Keefe does just happen to be my favourite non Dogs player :) :o

I suppose there is a fair bit of cost versus reward in it. At 28 you dont want to pay with early draft picks I wouldn't have thought. Given that the swans have said they cant afford to bottom out we could be some chance in a player for player swap. Kerr and his availability will have a big impact on this trade. If Kerr wants out then the swans will be after early picks which we cannot provide. Only a fool would say that he would not make a difference in our side. Alot of things would have to fall into place for us to have a chance and then we would have to have something that interests them.

I think we all agree that he is a player that would suit our game style and fit into our team with ease, but would the asking price be a bit too much for what we have to offer?

O'Keefe would demand a 1st rd draft pick and as we will probably have to use our's on Cordy it means we would have to trade for another one and that would mean giving up a quality player (which I'm not opposed to) OR trade this quality player directly to Sydney.

I agree with both of you (and Mofra as well) that O'Keefe's cost is the key issue - I think the biggest problem is that lots of other Melbourne clubs are likely to be very interested, so that might bump his price up. He is uncontracted, so could put Sydney in a bind by nominating a preferred club, but I reckon he's likely to want to leave on good terms, so he might want Sydney to get a good return.

All that said, I'm not sure many club's will consider handing over a first draft pick in what is spruiked as a good draft year and before the shonky deals for the new clubs come into effect. Kerr might be worth two first round picks, but I'll be pretty surprised if the Eagles get that for him (though he [B]is[B] contracted. WCE might want Ray, so some three way action might be possible (not that Ray by himself would get the trade done).

I reckon the likely competition for O'Keefe means we're only a chance if he nominates us, and we'll have to chase him hard for that. I'd by happy to offer him a four year deal with the 4th year dependent on him meeting key indicators in the third year. All this seems pretty unlikely, but I'll enjoy dreaming about it for a few more hours at least...

The defensive pressure is an interesting one. Its something Eade and his men will be weighing up when considering any tall. I am not sure what the answer is but whether we pick up Hall, Campbell, Hansen or pull bloody Brett Spinks out of retirement, the question about our ability to pressure the opposition has to be asked. Minson is going to be needed up forward at times but we will look fairly sluggish with him and another tall up forward. It almost rules Campbell out immediately I would have thought. We are probably not in a position to run Hudson and Minson on and off the bench for the majority of a game.

Defensive pressure is a huge issue for us going forward I reckon, as is having a place for Minson to go when he's not rucking. We improved our defensive pressure pretty significantly this year, but need to get better, and lots of the talls being discussed are more likely to hinder than help in this area.

Another issue is that a fair few people rate Murphy as a better defender than forward - I'm not convinced, but I'd be happy to test out the theory, and also think that he might be more potent closer to goals (or at least starting deeper and running back deeper, as well as everywhere else).

dog town
30-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes O'Keefe does just happen to be my favourite non Dogs player :) :o

I agree with both of you (and Mofra as well) that O'Keefe's cost is the key issue - I think the biggest problem is that lots of other Melbourne clubs are likely to be very interested, so that might bump his price up. He is uncontracted, so could put Sydney in a bind by nominating a preferred club, but I reckon he's likely to want to leave on good terms, so he might want Sydney to get a good return.

All that said, I'm not sure many club's will consider handing over a first draft pick in what is spruiked as a good draft year and before the shonky deals for the new clubs come into effect. Kerr might be worth two first round picks, but I'll be pretty surprised if the Eagles get that for him (though he [B]is[B] contracted. WCE might want Ray, so some three way action might be possible (not that Ray by himself would get the trade done).

I reckon the likely competition for O'Keefe means we're only a chance if he nominates us, and we'll have to chase him hard for that. I'd by happy to offer him a four year deal with the 4th year dependent on him meeting key indicators in the third year. All this seems pretty unlikely, but I'll enjoy dreaming about it for a few more hours at least...

Defensive pressure is a huge issue for us going forward I reckon, as is having a place for Minson to go when he's not rucking. We improved our defensive pressure pretty significantly this year, but need to get better, and lots of the talls being discussed are more likely to hinder than help in this area.

Another issue is that a fair few people rate Murphy as a better defender than forward - I'm not convinced, but I'd be happy to test out the theory, and also think that he might be more potent closer to goals (or at least starting deeper and running back deeper, as well as everywhere else). Murph was a great defender prior to being shifted forward. Since his knee buckled he has been pretty ordinary when he has gone down back. I am not sure why he has struggled down back since the knee and it might change if he was given an extended run.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Sydney can not afford to lose Everitt, O'Keefe and Hall.

I see this as a major hurdle, almost impossible hurdle if we wanted Hall.

Raw Toast
30-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Murph was a great defender prior to being shifted forward. Since his knee buckled he has been pretty ordinary when he has gone down back. I am not sure why he has struggled down back since the knee and it might change if he was given an extended run.

Yes, from memory he was a bit hot or cold at times as well, and sometimes his use of the ball coming forward wasn't great, though he could break team's open as well.

Last year he had some very important moments in defence against the Dockers before doing his hammy. I'd still prefer him as a deep forward (if we could afford it), who has the freedom to run everywhere - a bit like Tarrant at his best.

The Pie Man
30-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Sydney can not afford to lose Everitt, O'Keefe and Hall.

I see this as a major hurdle, almost impossible hurdle if we wanted Hall.

Has anyone heard anymore about the Barry Hall scenario? Last I heard in the media (which of course has to be taken with more than a grain of salt) was Paul Roos saying Barry Hall is happy with the situation at Sydney; being that a contract extension would be considered mid 09.

If he's not available (and I hope he still is) we should go after O'Keefe - would rather him than Hansen (and Hansen would be ok if all esle fails)

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Has anyone heard anymore about the Barry Hall scenario? Last I heard in the media (which of course has to be taken with more than a grain of salt) was Paul Roos saying Barry Hall is happy with the situation at Sydney; being that a contract extension would be considered mid 09.

If he's not available (and I hope he still is) we should go after O'Keefe - would rather him than Hansen (and Hansen would be ok if all esle fails)
If the Hawks players all sign up to this pledge to stick together and O'Keefe leaves and Hall stays.

All that is left is Hansen, Kosi, Campbell and O'Keefe.

O'Keefe would have to be a first rounder you would think. Something we may not have.

Of that list Kosi would be the best. Hansen reminds me of Adam Morgan and Campbell reminds me of Bartlett. I don't think either is really the answer, that said, if their cheap enough the club may well look at them.

Perhaps we should be looking at a way to get Kosi? I don't know.

LostDoggy
30-09-2008, 06:08 PM
With Sydney's ageing midfield i wouldnt be surprised is a deal was struck involving Dal Santo.

Mantis
30-09-2008, 06:58 PM
With Sydney's ageing midfield i wouldnt be surprised is a deal was struck involving Dal Santo.

Or possibly Kerr.

The Pie Man
30-09-2008, 10:05 PM
If the Hawks players all sign up to this pledge to stick together and O'Keefe leaves and Hall stays.

All that is left is Hansen, Kosi, Campbell and O'Keefe.

O'Keefe would have to be a first rounder you would think. Something we may not have.

Of that list Kosi would be the best. Hansen reminds me of Adam Morgan and Campbell reminds me of Bartlett. I don't think either is really the answer, that said, if their cheap enough the club may well look at them.

Perhaps we should be looking at a way to get Kosi? I don't know.

I doubt Boyle will stay - and plenty on this forum think he's no good. I didn't realise he'd kicked 32 goals last year - not bad for the 3rd tall with the likes of Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Rioli and Mark Williams.

Happy Days
30-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Don't kid yourself.

Good players almost never go into the PSD and Sydney will get a 1st rounder or a very good player for him.

What about Jade Rawlings? :p

But seriously...we do not need an O'Keefe...we have one and his name is Robert Murphy. Imagine how well our forward line would function if when Bobby leads up, he can compose himself and hit our brand new KPF on the lead lace out, instead of having to bomb it in to the 50 everytime, hoping it will fall to ground and one of the 5 short people in the forward line can get the crumbs?

GET A KPF! NOTHING ELSE!

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 10:34 PM

SS, said good players.

Game Over.

Mantis
30-09-2008, 10:38 PM

But seriously...we do not need an O'Keefe...we have one and his name is Robert Murphy. Imagine how well our forward line would function if when Bobby leads up, he can compose himself and hit our brand new KPF on the lead lace out, insteas of having to bomb it in to the 50 everytime, hoping it will fall to ground and one of the 5 short people in the forward line can get the crumbs?

GET A KPF! NOTHING ELSE!

Shouldn't he be trying to hit our small forwards lace rather than bombing it to them?

Bulldog Revolution
30-09-2008, 10:39 PM
OKeefe is a terrific player and we'd all love to have in the team, and whilst he'd thrive under our game plan he is not ideally the forward 50 target we'd need along with him.

As others have said, he will come at a high price, this is a player in his absolute prime, and I still think he may well end up back with the Swans

GVGjr
30-09-2008, 10:47 PM
What would need to be done to get him to the club? Assuming that we are sticking with Cordy at pick 14 and we still need a 1st rounder to get ROK who could we part with?

Gia, Boyd, Hill or Higgins or a combination of a couple of players?
If it cost us a couple of players could we still then make a pitch for a genuine KPP?

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 10:50 PM
What would need to be done to get him to the club? Assuming that we are sticking with Cordy at pick 14 and we still need a 1st rounder to get ROK who could we part with?

If it cost us a couple of players could we still then make a pitch for a genuine KPP?
Cordy First rounder.

Decent KPP - Ray and Second rounder

ROK for GIA? Interesting? I will need to think about this...

Decent KPP forward, ROK and Cordy - for - Ray, Gia, 1st and 2nd rounder.

Interesting...

bulldogtragic
30-09-2008, 11:11 PM
O'Keefe Vs Gia:

O'Keefe is 13 months older, 14 games more experienced, 6cm taller and 7kg heavier.

Gia's 2008 stats are near identical to O'Keefe, but slightly more favourable than ROk's across all stats from kicks, tackles, to goal assists.

I can't see hem interested for anyone less than him. I'll call it and say if we want O'Keefe we have to give up someone beleived to be the next captain of our club in Gia.

Yes or No?

Happy Days
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Shouldn't he be trying to hit our small forwards lace rather than bombing it to them?

Well...he should be, but if our small forwards can be hit up every time, then why even bother recruiting a tall forward?

Thats just not how it works.

Happy Days
01-10-2008, 12:40 AM
SS, said good players.

Game Over.

Heard of sarcasm 42-C-3?

bulldogtragic
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Heard of sarcasm 42-C-3?
Yes, i didn't emoticon back. My apologies :)

Happy Days
01-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Yes, i didn't emoticon back. My apologies :)

Haha no worries..emoticons are useful things aren't they? :D

wb_age
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
O'Keefe Vs Gia:

O'Keefe is 13 months older, 14 games more experienced, 6cm taller and 7kg heavier.

Gia's 2008 stats are near identical to O'Keefe, but slightly more favourable than ROk's across all stats from kicks, tackles, to goal assists.

I can't see hem interested for anyone less than him. I'll call it and say if we want O'Keefe we have to give up someone beleived to be the next captain of our club in Gia.

Yes or No?
no !

The Underdog
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM

To get a genuine KPP it is going to cause us some pain. We are going to have to trade a quality player or players to get it done. I think the club has to really weigh up the cost vs the gain. A few have already spoken about possibly parting with Boyd as he and Cross are similiar types in the midfield. It is likely to take this level of player and possibly another younger type like Hill or Harbrow to bring a quality tall into the club. I'm in favour of doing it if it brings in genuine quality which unfortunately is in short supply, however I'd be suspect about doing it for someone of the level of a Campbell or an ageing player like Hall. We need to get long term gain out of this not just a short term band aid solution yet again.
I honesty don't think we'll be able to pull it off this year. There isn't enough really top level guys that we're likely to be able to get our hands on. I also think we'd struggle to pry away anyone's first round pick to get a guy like ROK without overpaying. I just hope the club doesn't panic and overspend for a guy like Hall, who while he is quality is just as likely to be on the downhill slide as he is be a top notch contributor.

Twodogs
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
O'Keefe Vs Gia:

Yes or No?

Yes.

The Pie Man
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Looks like we may have to think about this deal should we be given the opportunity given our reported interest.

Personally - I'm rapt we're interested. We're top 4 and he has an emotional connection to the club, so I'd like to think we tick all the boxes in ROK's criteria.

Trade a player of Gia's quality to Sydney or to someone else for a first rounder to then on-trade to the Swans. I would think Boyd & Cross are untouchable given a premiership hopeful's need to win contested footy, though I believe we can let go one of our quality 'outside players' in order to get this done.

Thoughts?

bornadog
02-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Looks like we may have to think about this deal should we be given the opportunity given our reported interest.

Personally - I'm rapt we're interested. We're top 4 and he has an emotional connection to the club, so I'd like to think we tick all the boxes in ROK's criteria.

Trade a player of Gia's quality to Sydney or to someone else for a first rounder to then on-trade to the Swans. I would think Boyd & Cross are untouchable given a premiership hopeful's need to win contested footy, though I believe we can let go one of our quality 'outside players' in order to get this done.

Thoughts?

Would not be giving up a popular player around the club like Gia. Remember when Leon Cameron and Monty were traded and the effect it had on the rest of the playing group.

Scorlibo
02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Would not be giving up a popular player around the club like Gia. Remember when Leon Cameron and Monty were traded and the effect it had on the rest of the playing group.

This is what I would be afraid of also, we have a great bunch of tight-knit players and to trade away one of the leaders of the club would be very unsettling.

Sockeye Salmon
02-10-2008, 02:33 PM

It's pretty hard to ask Cooney or Griffen to stay loyal and sign a new contract when they have just seen one of their mates shipped off.

The Pie Man
02-10-2008, 03:07 PM
It's pretty hard to ask Cooney or Griffen to stay loyal and sign a new contract when they have just seen one of their mates shipped off.

I guess - the club always comes first though.

I didn't mean Gia specifically either - he's an example of the type of player we might look at trading to land a McVeigh - it's pretty hard to land a high profile forward without giving something up.

bornadog
02-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Channel 10 now reporting Carlton offering $1.5 million over three years.

bornadog
06-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Hawthorn interested in him as well.

jazzadogs
07-10-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24457431-19742,00.html

"On an opening day of the trade period normally reserved for posturing, there were major developments on the O'Keefe front.

Carlton said it would not give up pick six for O'Keefe, but it is not yet out of calculations, while Collingwood is similarly reluctant to offer up selection 11.

North Melbourne is not interested, Essendon believes his age rules it out, and O'Keefe does not want to play for the Western Bulldogs."

Guess thats the end of that then?

LostDoggy
07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Dont want O'Keefe anyway

Hes the Murphy/Hahn type of lead up player..

Dont need another one of them we need a FF..glad he doesnt wanna play with us.

Raw Toast
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
and O'Keefe does not want to play for the Western Bulldogs."

If that is true, O'Keefe's a foolish hack who I never liked or rated anyway! :o