PDA

View Full Version : Port place picks 4 and 22 on the trade table

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Port Adelaide have stated picks 4 and 22 are on the table for established palyers if the right deal comes along, who would we be willing to give up for pick 4?

The Underdog
03-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Port Adelaide have stated picks 4 and 22 are on the table for established palyers if the right deal comes along, who would we be willing to give up for pick 4?

Anyone not named Cooney or Griffen:)

The Coon Dog
03-10-2008, 11:40 AM

I'm not so sure it's a case of who would we be prepared to offer up, more it's a case of what would satisfy Port.

I think they would be looking towards the likes of Cooney & Griffen from us for pick 4. :eek:

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I find it hilarious we are discussing who we would have to give up for Pick 4..

So i'll throw in 2 players for em, Malcolm Lynch & Peter Street ;) Money cant buy that deal!!! :D

Go_Dogs
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Making a move for Didak or Kerr I would suspect.

The Coon Dog
03-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Making a move for Didak or Kerr I would suspect.

Maybe Pav too.

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Didak, Kerr and Pav are not going anywhere.....

Giansiracusa, Ray and pick 32 for pick 4, chuck in pick 3001 that we get for Street as well.

GVGjr
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Didak, Kerr and Pav are not going anywhere.....

Giansiracusa, Ray and pick 32 for pick 4, chuck in pick 3001 that we get for Street as well.

Why would you be keen to get rid of Giansiracusa? I know he is one of the guys that we could potentially shop around along with Ray and perhaps Boyd but he had a good season and I like his ability to be used as a run with player. His job in the final against Kirk was one of the reasons we performed so well. I'm not against trading too many players at all but losing established players for drafts picks normally indicates that a team should be rebuilding rather than challenging for a top 4 spot again.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Is Peter Rhode still in charge of recruitment and trading at Port?

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Why would you be keen to get rid of Giansiracusa? I know he is one of the guys that we could potentially shop around along with Ray and perhaps Boyd but he had a good season and I like his ability to be used as a run with player. His job in the final against Kirk was one of the reasons we performed so well. I'm not against trading too many players at all but losing established players for drafts picks normally indicates that a team should be rebuilding rather than challenging for a top 4 spot again.

Im dont want to get rid of Gia, he is one of my favourite players and I concur, he had a great game on Kirk, probably Boyd is a better solution. Just saying, if the draft is where we get our KPP deficiency, may need to take a bit of shot term pain and loss next year.

The Doctor
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Is Peter Rhode still in charge of recruitment and trading at Port?

He would certainly have a fair say, so

Offer Peter Street for pick 4 and that would be a done deal.

Go_Dogs
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM

From my understanding, Rhode is the man in charge of the majority of this, and essentially the 'complete review' that is happening down there too.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Very funny jokes aside,

Rhode obviously rated Ray to support taking him at 4. Add Street or Wight and draft pick 22 could be somewhere in the vacinity possibly.

We can not afford their pick 4.

Sockeye Salmon
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Very funny jokes aside,

Rhode obviously rated Ray to support taking him at 4. Add Street or Wight and draft pick 22 could be somewhere in the vacinity possibly.

Rohde has already taken Ray at 4 and Street at 20 once before ...

bulldogtragic
03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Rohde has already taken Ray at 4 and Street at 20 once before ...
That's why both of them for pick 22 is the steal of the century...

Our Mastermind in deed.

bornadog
03-10-2008, 04:13 PM

What about Mitch Hahn for pick 4. Pick four we can get one of the top four drafts of either Nick Naitanui, Jack Watts, Daniel Rich, Tyrone Vickery.

Mitch is a great player for us, but we have to look at what is good for the team and the future.

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
What about Mitch Hahn for pick 4. Pick four we can get one of the top four drafts of either Nick Naitanui, Jack Watts, Daniel Rich, Tyrone Vickery.

Mitch is a great player for us, but we have to look at what is good for the team and the future.

He's not worth pick 4.

Happy Days
03-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Mitch Hahn, Farren Ray and Pick 32?

Possibly even ontrading the pick we'd get for Farren.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Mitch Hahn, Farren Ray and Pick 32?

Possibly even ontrading the pick we'd get for Farren.
Would you trade pick 4 for Motlop, pick 30 and 32.

I wouldn't.

Happy Days
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Would you trade pick 4 for Motlop, pick 30 and 32.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't, but here's hopng they might :D

Topdog
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM

It got pick 20 something last time right?

FrediKanoute
03-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Any 2 of Tiller, Boyd (may be worth cashing in on), Gia (reluctantly though), Ray.

Use pick 4 on Sidebottom!

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd be very, very cautious about trading players like Boyd and Gia, from what I've gathered they're good friends with a lot of the players and are considered future leaders...it doesn't seem smart to ship them off like that, particularly for the mindsets of the remaining players. I know they have to be prepared that they may be traded or their mates may be traded, but you have to be careful about it.

The Coon Dog
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
That #38 bloke might be worth something, hey DG38? ;)

LostDoggy
03-10-2008, 08:19 PM

There are some things you just don't joke about.

:)

Mantis
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM

She know's where you reside.

Bulldogs_6
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
As someone said on BF, why does quantity=quality to some people??

MrMahatma
03-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Remember the Hawks traded Croad for Pick #1. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions.

Higgins?
Murph?
Gilbee?

All depends on what would be available at pick 4.

kempster
04-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Id attacking that pick 22 for Ray

westdog54
04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd be very, very cautious about trading players like Boyd and Gia, from what I've gathered they're good friends with a lot of the players and are considered future leaders...it doesn't seem smart to ship them off like that, particularly for the mindsets of the remaining players. I know they have to be prepared that they may be traded or their mates may be traded, but you have to be careful about it.

Nathan Brown is still good friends with some Bulldog players. If they don't want to go (and chances are they won't), then they won't. If they see a massive opportunity at another club it would be remiss of them not to consider it.

As Mahatma said, the Hawks traded Croad for pick 1 and landed a Norm Smith Medallist. Granted, they also got Croad back but that's completely beside the point. Wasn't McPharlin part of that deal as well?