PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft :)

Bulldogs_6
04-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Haven't seen any on this board, might trigger some healthy discussion :)

Too much spare time, felt like having a stab. WARNING- Haven't seen as much of 2 rounders rather than a bit of highlights and also lots of the 18's Carnival.
Seen a shitload of the WA boys, though. Thoughts are appreciated, cheers.

1. Melbourne- Jack Watts. (No brainer IMO, very talented + pick of the bunch).
2. WCE- Nic Naitanui (Seen A LOT of him, biggest upside out of any draftee either so could very well be worth the risk).
3. Freo- Daniel Rich (Safe bet, seen a lot of him. Scary midfield trio with Palmer and Ibbotson for the future).
4. Port- Tyrone Vickery (Haven't seen as much of him but watched his carnival and plays the ruckman/resting forward role very well).
5. Bombers- Michael Hurley (Another no brainer, 2nd best KPP in this draft, Bombers need another young back to compliment Paddy Ryder).
6. Carlton- Jack Ziebell (Good potential, can't see the Blues going past him with this pick if they keep hold of it which is likely with Kerr staying with WCE. Plays in a variety of positions which is perfect for the Blues).
7. Brisbane- Hamish Hartlett (Highly rated mid, more so at the beginning of the year. Will suit Brisbane's future plans to compliment Adcock, Dalziell etc nicely).
8. Tiges- Steele Sidebottom (Can see them taking another KPP with this pick, although will take best available with Steele at this pick, no particular needs IMO, possibly a KPF in the next round).
9. NM- Shaun McKernan (Young KPP stocks are fairly low, and the fact his brother has a great history with the club will only guarantee him here if he is not already taken).
10. Crows- Lewis Johnston (Some suggest he is an Adelaide boy already because he is from SA, good reason however he is also a KPF which they may stock up on, will come up nicely with Tippett for the future).
11. Collingwood- Sam Blease (Highly touted and for great reason. Has some pace on him which is exactly what the Pies need at this point in time. Could slot straight into the side on a wing perhaps?).
12. Sydney- Jackson Trengove (Should go to the Swans if available here, solely for the fact they need to top up on KPP stock. Promises a lot, and hopefully for the Swans can come up quickly to back up the near departing Hall, O'Keefe and O'Loughlin).
13. Saints- Nick Heyne (Skilfull midfielder, what the Saints need is a bit of pace and he has that. I'm a huge fan of Armitage and also Heyne, so hopefully they can form a pacey, goal-kicking midfield the Saints have cried out for over the past few years).
14. Doggies- Ayce Cordy (No brainer, F/S selection who is all but here. Lanky Ruckman/Forward who will need a few years in the gym along with many Protein shakes).
15. Geelong- Tom Swift (Very, very talented midfielder who could be anything. Highly touted earlier on before hurting his knee which was a great setback, but with Geelong's middle at the moment he is well worth the risk).
16. Hawks- Jordan Lisle (They are in a safe position at the moment with a pretty set line up however KPP stocks should be considered, maybe a little higher than people expect here, however Hawks can take a gamble, suits their needs).
17. Melbourne- Mitch Robinson (Overaged midfielder who as someone said should slot straight into the Demons team, as they need a quick fix with talent).
18. West Coast- Chris Yarran (Seen a lot of Yazz, on a good day it's a pleasure, but on a bad day, how frustrating? Slots a goal from anywhere in the vicinity of his kicking range but will come across as lazy which would allow him to slide to this pick. Highly talented, though).
19. Melbourne- Ryan Schoenmakers
20. West Coast- Rhys O'Keefe
21. Fremantle- Michael Walters
22. Port Adelaide- Aaron Cornelius
23. Essendon- Nick Suban
24. Carlton- Tom Lynch
25. Brisbane- Stephen Hill
26. Richmond- David Zaharakis
27. NM- Daniel Hannebery
28. Adelaide- Matty Broadbent
29. Collingwood- Matt DeBoer
30. Sydney- Clancee Pearce
31. Saints- Tom Rockliff
32. Dogs- Mitch Banner
33. Geelong- Paul Cahill
34. Hawks- Jordan Roughead

dog town
05-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't take Hurley anywhere near that early. Thats just my opinion from the bits and pieces I have seen.

Bulldogs_6
05-10-2008, 12:16 AM
I wouldn't take Hurley anywhere near that early. Thats just my opinion from the bits and pieces I have seen.

With all due respect I have seen a fair bit of Michael and he is easily the best backman in the draft. What the Bombers are looking for so IMO a no-brainer if he's still available.

Scorlibo
05-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Top effort B6! :)

What are your thoughts on Tom Swift? How high do you think he would have gone had he not injured himself this year? What's his kicking like? I heard he got severe leather poisoning at the under 16 championships.

Bulldogs_6
05-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Top effort B6! :)

What are your thoughts on Tom Swift? How high do you think he would have gone had he not injured himself this year? What's his kicking like? I heard he got severe leather poisoning at the under 16 championships.

Thanks mate.

Haven't seen much of Tom as the other WA fellas but I've seen enough of him to see that he is extremely skillful and finds it almost easy to find the ball. His kicking is around moderate-high, of course high being the level of our boy Lindsay :)

Otherwise I would have thought if he can regain the form of his year in under 16's where further development can be put into him he will be a star. Prior to injury he would have EASILY been a top 10 pick.

dog town
05-10-2008, 01:00 AM
With all due respect I have seen a fair bit of Michael and he is easily the best backman in the draft. What the Bombers are looking for so IMO a no-brainer if he's still available. Thats ok its only my opinion and its not a highly informed one. I am just wary of young talls who play down back. Generally the really talented ones play up forward. I could make a huge list of gun junior defenders who failed at AFL level.

GVGjr
05-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Thats ok its only my opinion and its not a highly informed one. I am just wary of young talls who play down back. Generally the really talented ones play up forward. I could make a huge list of gun junior defenders who failed at AFL level.

Chris Lamb is one that really stood out to me. As a junior whenever a key forward needed to be curbed the Lamb was given that task but he just couldn't make the transition against the men. Hurley has a few more strings to his bow but even though the Bombers would love to get a ready made key defender I think they would also be considering some other players as well with their first pick.

Happy Days
05-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Chris Lamb is one that really stood out to me. As a junior whenever a key forward needed to be curbed the Lamb was given that task but he just couldn't make the transition against the men. Hurley has a few more strings to his bow but even though the Bombers would love to get a ready made key defender I think they would also be considering some other players as well with their first pick.

Luke Livingston is the one that sticks out in my mind. He was doomed from the moment he was touted as "The Next SOS". Being touted as the next anything is a recipee for disaster.

GVGjr
05-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Luke Livingston is the one that sticks out in my mind. He was doomed from the moment he was touted as "The Next SOS". Being touted as the next anything is a recipee for disaster.

But the big difference between the two was that Lamb did dominate the junior competition key forwards whereas Livingston reputation was built more on potential.

dog town
05-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Handby and Molan are 2 other obvious players. Clubs have steered clear of them just recently. Port have done well choosing junior key defenders recently with Pettigrew, Carlisle and Chaplin but they are all tremendous athletes.

Scraggers
05-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks Bulldog 6 ... Good job !!

I'm intrigued as to why you think we will go for Mitch Banner with our second pick and why do you think Tom Lynch will last until pick 24 ?

Dogs 24/7
05-10-2008, 01:50 PM
B6, thanks but it very similar to a number of threads on BF and offers no real point of difference. Mitch Banner to us at 32 is just all to familiar in everything that I have read and yet I think this is most unlikely to occur.

Would Jordan Roughead be any chance to still be available for our 2nd pick ? I like the idea of recruiting 2 ruckman / forwards with our first 2 picks. We can't rely on just Minson once Hudson departs so I think we need to recruit for that now.

Also if Roughy is gone and there is no decent ruck prospects left is that Jarrad Blight worth a look at number 32 ?

Dogs 24/7
05-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Handby and Molan are 2 other obvious players. Clubs have steered clear of them just recently. Port have done well choosing junior key defenders recently with Pettigrew, Carlisle and Chaplin but they are all tremendous athletes.
Was Handby and Moylan that highly touted ?
Nathan Brown has done well for the Pies so it can be counter balanced.

Bulldogs_6
05-10-2008, 03:13 PM
B6, thanks but it very similar to a number of threads on BF and offers no real point of difference. Mitch Banner to us at 32 is just all to familiar in everything that I have read and yet I think this is most unlikely to occur.

Would Jordan Roughead be any chance to still be available for our 2nd pick ? I like the idea of recruiting 2 ruckman / forwards with our first 2 picks. We can't rely on just Minson once Hudson departs so I think we need to recruit for that now.

Also if Roughy is gone and there is no decent ruck prospects left is that Jarrad Blight worth a look at number 32 ?

Sorry if it seems all too similar fellas, but I made that up from scratch didn't exactly realise there were those out there with too many similarities.

Anyway IMO the Dogs should look for BEST AVAILABLE for round 2, and in the latter rounds perhaps find a diamond KPP in the rough, much the same with Brian Lake when he was taken.

mjp
05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
With all due respect I have seen a fair bit of Michael and he is easily the best backman in the draft. What the Bombers are looking for so IMO a no-brainer if he's still available.

He wont be there at pick 5. Port will take him.

Sockeye Salmon
05-10-2008, 04:16 PM
He wont be there at pick 5. Port will take him.

Interesting.

I spoke with an assistant coach at the Knights about 3 weeks ago. he said that he would normally see Port's recruiter 5 or 6 times a year and Mark Williams once. This year he's seen someone from Port nearly every week and Williams 'half a dozen' times.

Scorlibo
05-10-2008, 05:14 PM
I would be interested in taking someone pacy with good foot skills with our second/third selection (assuming we get a pick around 30-40 for Faz). Would love to get Strauss or O'Keefe (though not as pacy has great foot skills). When I mention Blease I am obviously dreaming, but he would be perfect.

Sockeye Salmon
05-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Pickering and the SEN boys were talking about Ray this morning and said they thought we would end up with "an early 2nd rounder".

The Coon Dog
05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Pickering and the SEN boys were talking about Ray this morning and said they thought we would end up with "an early 2nd rounder".

I'll take it!!!!!!

Scorlibo
05-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I'll take it!!!!!!

With open arms. Could net us a leftover quality tall like Tom Lynch.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I think we need to move a few players and get as many picks as we can.

Ray, Street, Wight and perhaps others if the price is right. Looks like a bumper a draft, and a f/s skiny kid (as great as he could be) and the rumour of Campbell being or second round pick means our first live pick the wrong side of pick 40.

I'd like to see us use both second round selections on two of potewntially Lynch, Roughead, Brown or Banner to add to Cordy.

Hopefully we could find a club willing to drop down the third round for a fringe player, but thats highly doubtful. But have to dream.

The Pie Man
05-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I'll take it!!!!!!

That would be a good result

mjp
05-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Interesting.

I spoke with an assistant coach at the Knights about 3 weeks ago. he said that he would normally see Port's recruiter 5 or 6 times a year and Mark Williams once. This year he's seen someone from Port nearly every week and Williams 'half a dozen' times.

The Northern guys are convinced Port will take him. That rarely happens.

LostDoggy
05-10-2008, 09:47 PM
If we get an early 2nd rounder for Ray i really hope we dont trade away our 2nd rounder. Id love to load up with the early picks before the consessions come into play.

GVGjr
05-10-2008, 09:56 PM
If we get an early 2nd rounder for Ray i really hope we dont trade away our 2nd rounder. Id love to load up with the early picks before the consessions come into play.

I know what you mean but we are losing experienced players and replacing them with youngsters and in some ways this diminishes our depth. With Cordy being a long term project player we really need to find a player in this draft that can make a decent contribution if needed.

LostDoggy
05-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I know what you mean but we are losing experienced players and replacing them with youngsters and in some ways this diminishes our depth. With Cordy being a long term project player we really need to find a player in this draft that can make a decent contribution if needed.

I hear ya. That makes me feel better knowing that. :)

dog town
05-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I had another look at a few of the u/18 champs games today and I really think this could be close to the best draft yet. A few observations...

I really think we need to maintain a presence in the second round. The quality will last pretty deep and if we can get inside 25 by trading Ray then I would be pretty confident we can get a good player.

Too many players that impressed me to bother talking about them. I almost envy the position that West Coast are in. They could really set themselves up with this draft.

Hurley is a better user of the footy than your average key defender.

Vickery will have to go top 6 or 7 wouldn't he?

Just after an opinion on where these players are likely to go if at all- Sloane, Stanton, Lynch and Jamie Sheahan? All guys that I had trouble placing and all have particular attributes I like. Sheahan and Lynch I would have thought were certain to be picked whereas I was not sure about the other 2.

I really like Walters from WA.

GVGjr
05-10-2008, 10:08 PM

I think he might be around that mark but teams chasing ruckman might get him a few picks earlier. Could you see Clayton taking ruckman with consecutive selections? I',m not sure that I could.

MJP probably saw more of Blight than most here and maybe Bulldog_6 has a view on him?

Bulldogs_6
05-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I think he might be around that mark but teams chasing ruckman might get him a few picks earlier. Could you see Clayton taking ruckman with consecutive selections? I',m not sure that I could.

MJP probably saw more of Blight than most here and maybe Bulldog_6 has a view on him?

Might have to leave that one to MJP ;)

Scraggers
05-10-2008, 11:37 PM

I only saw him play once this year ... playing for Swan Districts Colts (like under 19s) ... he still has a boys body (as would be expected at this age) but he held his own in defence ... He's the kind of footballer that get under the skin of his opposition.

mjp
05-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Blight played mainly half-back/mid field. I think he is an outstanding talent...Pick 32? I would pick him before then, but then Steve Hill wasn't in the mock we are talking about and would think he is close to top 10.

FrediKanoute
10-10-2008, 08:14 AM

I like the idea of going with two talls in our first two picks. I think we need to invest here over then net year or two because we seem to have a solid core of mid's who are all young and will continue to develop.

Bulldog Revolution
10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
I like the idea of going with two talls in our first two picks. I think we need to invest here over then net year or two because we seem to have a solid core of mid's who are all young and will continue to develop.

However a running defender in the Gilbee mould would suit me OK also, but I dont know if that is a reasonable comparison for Blight

But if history is anything to go by it is highly unlikely Clayton would take another ruck option with our second pick

Scorlibo
12-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Hey Bulldogs_6 I couldn't help but notice on the BF Vickery vs Cordy poll which asks for people who have seen the both play to vote that you voted for Cordy. Have you seen him play or were you just evening out the numbers? If you have seen him play details from the match/matches would be greatly appreciated as there don't seem to be many people who have actually seen Ayce play and even less who are willing to give details. Thanks

FrediKanoute
12-10-2008, 08:22 PM
However a running defender in the Gilbee mould would suit me OK also, but I dont know if that is a reasonable comparison for Blight

But if history is anything to go by it is highly unlikely Clayton would take another ruck option with our second pick

Agreed that would be handy, but Gilbee is a bit of a freak and when originally drafted was supposed to be a mid who just ended up in the backline mainly because that was where there was a spot for him and because Rocket recognised that he had a penetrating kick and read the play so well.

I believe that you choose if you're looking for those type of players you look for a mid who has good skills, can read the play well, but maybe lacks a yard of pace or doesn't have the stamina to run in the midfield all day. Make those guys into a running backman.

I still think I'd go tall in this draft. Reports seem to indicate that there is a bit of quality around and if trading for a tall was tough in 2008 imagine how hard its going to be in 2009 and 2010 and 2011! Need to grow our own.

My strategy come draft day would be to go tall, unless, at pick 31/32 there is an outstanding mid available.

Happy Days
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I like to look back on the 1984 NBA Draft when discussing what to do with draft picks...Portland, with pick 2, took a P. Forward/Centre named Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, because they needed a big man...Bowie bounced around the league for a little bit before injury forced his retirment, where as MJ...well, you all know the story.

It shows you can't draft for need alone. We should take the best two players available.

Sockeye Salmon
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I like to look back on the 1984 NBA Draft when discussing what to do with draft picks...Portland, with pick 2, took a P. Forward/Centre named Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, because they needed a big man...Bowie bounced around the league for a little bit before injury forced his retirment, where as MJ...well, you all know the story.

It shows you can't draft for need alone. We should take the best two players available.

And Richmond took Tambling ahead of Franklin, big deal.

It works both ways.

I've got another story for you.

Once apon a time a football team stuck rigidly to taking the best player possible and ended up with a team of midgets. They tried to trade for a big bloke but every other team they tried to trade with said **** off.

LostDoggy
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey Bulldogs_6 I couldn't help but notice on the BF Vickery vs Cordy poll which asks for people who have seen the both play to vote that you voted for Cordy. Have you seen him play or were you just evening out the numbers? If you have seen him play details from the match/matches would be greatly appreciated as there don't seem to be many people who have actually seen Ayce play and even less who are willing to give details. Thanks

i havn't seen Cordy play, but he missed most of this season and the carinval with injury

Scraggers
12-10-2008, 11:27 PM

It works both ways.

Once apon a time a football team stuck rigidly to taking the best player possible and ended up with a team of midgets. They tried to trade for a big bloke but every other team they tried to trade with said **** off.

Oh ... I love story time .... Please tell us another SS

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Mitch Banner and Jordan Post - what do we know about these two players?

Scorlibo
13-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Mitch Banner and Jordan Post - what do we know about these two players?

Banner a small midfielder who is a ball magnet and while he has a good kick, he kicks too much when pressurized which takes the shine off his game. He can drift forward and kick goals and has been known to kick bags. He is not overly quick but can run and carry.

I don't know too much about Post other than he has played wonderfully in the Tac cup this year as a key defender, occasionally drifting forward and kicking goals with the ability to take lots of marks and contested marking being the feature of his game.

FrediKanoute
13-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Banner a small midfielder who is a ball magnet and while he has a good kick, he kicks too much when pressurized which takes the shine off his game. He can drift forward and kick goals and has been known to kick bags. He is not overly quick but can run and carry.

I don't know too much about Post other than he has played wonderfully in the Tac cup this year as a key defender, occasionally drifting forward and kicking goals with the ability to take lots of marks and contested marking being the feature of his game.

I haven't seen either of those guys or any others fro that matter, but from what you've described I'd be disappointed if that's what we drafted this year. I think we need to make our priority a key forward. I think we've just got to take the best key forward available at 31/32, unless there is gun (and I mean gun!!!) player available.

Once we have secured the key forward we then take the next thing we need, depending on what's available. Banner and Post could well be that, but I'd be reluctant to take both and not go after a possible tall forward. Especially given that next year we should get two more father sun picks in Liberatore and Wallis who are both onball players. Whilst neither looks like being a top 10 pick at this stage, the fact that GC17 has the lion's share of the first 30 picks, they could well be two of the best generally available guys.

Desipura
13-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I may be going over old ground here.......now that Fantasia has stated we were not going to use pick 48 onwards, it means we have delisted McDougall, West and Street and traded Ray.
In come Cordy, pick 31 & 32. It leaves one spot open for the preseason draft. Am I missing something here or is it how everyone else sees it?

bornadog
13-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I may be going over old ground here.......now that Fantasia has stated we were not going to use pick 48 onwards, it means we have delisted McDougall, West and Street and traded Ray.
In come Cordy, pick 31 & 32. It leaves one spot open for the preseason draft. Am I missing something here or is it how everyone else sees it?

Is West counted as he was on the vets list?

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 10:59 AM
mjp would know this guy really well, all I have to go on is a 4 minute youtube video (can't give you a link because Youtube is banned here at work, but search for Jayden Post Barry Round Medalist).

Genuine KP size (196cm) who would be a defender at AFL level.

Difficult to find a player to compare him to. He’s built like Patrick Ryder – tall, skinny and athletic (14.6 beep at state screening) - but plays more like Tom Harley – zone off his man, 3rd man up and takes heaps of defensive marks.

Trademark would be leave his man, gather the ball, break a tackle at full pace, take a bounce and kick the thing as far as he can (reminded me of a tall, gangly David Dench).

Questions for mjp. What’s his pace like off the mark? I’ve seen him attack, can he defend? Can he work the angles and cover a lead?

Supposedly has self-confidence issues so I don’t know how he would cope with one of Rocket’s famous rockets.

He would be established and physically ready to go by the time Lake hits 30.

He would be on my short list. He’s not the forward that we need but he could allow one of the others to be released forward. Clayton has always said he sees Williams as a forward long term.

Desipura
13-10-2008, 11:32 AM
So assuming there are no other delistings, we will have the 2 picks and no picks in the pre season, correct?

The Coon Dog
13-10-2008, 11:41 AM
So assuming there are no other delistings, we will have the 2 picks and no picks in the pre season, correct?

Correct, just pick 14 (Ayce Cordy), pick 31 & pick 32.

Mofra
13-10-2008, 12:41 PM
He would be on my short list. He’s not the forward that we need but he could allow one of the others to be released forward. Clayton has always said he sees Williams as a forward long term.
Long term I think we need another developing CHB/FB anyway. Everitt looks more CHB who can run on a wing, Williams' body isn't giving too many people much hope (even if he doesn't eventually go forward), Skipper is a back-up ruckman, Wight is in no man's land, Grant & Boumann are forwards.

Word is Carlton are very interested in Post so he may be a bit of a bolter in the draft (a la Robbie Tarrant to North last year when they heard we wanted him at pick 19)

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Long term I think we need another developing CHB/FB anyway. Everitt looks more CHB who can run on a wing, Williams' body isn't giving too many people much hope (even if he doesn't eventually go forward), Skipper is a back-up ruckman, Wight is in no man's land, Grant & Boumann are forwards.

Word is Carlton are very interested in Post so he may be a bit of a bolter in the draft (a la Robbie Tarrant to North last year when they heard we wanted him at pick 19)

Carlton don't have a 2nd pick until 40, thery're not an issue to us.

The questions are will North or Collingwood pull the trigger with their 2nd picks? If they don't does Clayton rate him high enough to use one of ours?

Desipura
13-10-2008, 01:01 PM
anyone have copies of the u18 championships, am keen to grab a copy.

GVGjr
13-10-2008, 02:17 PM
anyone have copies of the u18 championships, am keen to grab a copy.

Copies of what? Footy records or tapes of the games???

Desipura
13-10-2008, 03:21 PM
tapes or dvd's

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 03:38 PM
tapes or dvd's

There's plenty of stuff on youtube. Usually 3-4 minutes per player and there must be about 50 players covered.

There's two blokes behind putting them up. One is Dave the Man and I can't remember the other blokes name but they're not hard to find.

Desipura
13-10-2008, 03:47 PM
thanks for that however would prefer to see a full game as youtube tend to just have highlights.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I've played against Post before, he's probably the best contested mark I've seen at junior level. He reads the play well, puts himself in good positions, has a good leap and he's a one grab player. He's pretty quick off the mark from what I've seen, certainly athletically gifted. My query on him was his foot skills, particularly for goal, but if he were to play defense then obviously that wouldn't be an issue. I haven't seen enough of his disposal to judge, though. Not surprised to hear he has confidence issues though because in one of the games, whilst he dominated, his confidence for kicking for goal really went out the window after he missed a couple. Probably the worst goal kicking 'performance' I had seen, yet easily the best contested marking performance.

MJP etc. would know far more, but he does look a good prospect, I suppose a fair bit of it would come down to where his head's at though. I wouldn't be unhappy if we picked him up from what I've seen/heard.

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks for that however would prefer to see a full game as youtube tend to just have highlights.

They're not actually highlights. They are all from the June 8 triple header at the Telstra Dome and they contain all the clips of when the player is involved in the play - good and bad.

Some of them are literally 1 second as the player recieves a handball and gives another one off (the piece of play is 1 second, not the video).

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 08:00 PM

It works both ways.

Man tha's some funny s**t.

comrade
13-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Just had a look at the Jayden Post video, the boy loves to take a grab and loves to run and bounce. Didn't see one kick hit a target though, just long bombs to contests. Obviously reads the play really though.

Scorlibo
13-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the youtube video Sockeye! Post actually reminds me a lot of our very own Brian Lake. Lots and lots of run and carry, great contested mark and great reader of the play.

The YT vids of some of the names which have been bandied about:

Jayden Post - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIdiTYKBt9c
Mitch Banner - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALILD3PtnHo
Tom Lynch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMhed3ye9-Q
Rhys O'Keefe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RKOgAAIjY&feature=related
Jordan Roughead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc45F8SYSkI
James Strauss - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCfk8EHDDko
David Zaharakis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKtkyIR7SVI
Paul Cahill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lmi-lXkUo
Kade Klemke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIu61rV2Vo
Ryan Schoenmakers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8tcPSGU4k&feature=related

The Bulldogs Bite
13-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Lynch looks a pretty likely type. He looks pretty strong and mobile, possibly a solid second or third tall option.

comrade
13-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Lynch looks a pretty likely type. He looks pretty strong and mobile, possibly a solid second or third tall option.

My (semi) realistic wish list
1. O'Keeffe
2. Lynch
3. Strauss
4. Post
5. Milne
6. Zaharakis

Any 2 pick combination of these kids I'd be happy with.