PDA

View Full Version : Dockers appoint Curley assistant coach

The Coon Dog
09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Dockers appoint Curley assistant coach (http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/dockers-appoint-curley-assistant-coach-20081009-4x9f.html)

Fremantle have appointed former Western Bulldogs utility Todd Curley as the AFL club's new midfield coach.

Curley, who has been coach of WAFL side West Perth for the past three seasons, played three games for Collingwood in 1994 before racking up 115 with the Bulldogs from 1996-2001.

The 35-year-old has been drafted in to replace Peter German, who left the Dockers this year.

"You always strive to be the best you can in whatever you do, so the opportunity to go to the next level is fantastic," Curley said.

"Im super keen to help the playing group improve and, hopefully, strive for the ultimate success, which is why everyone plays the game."

Fremantle have also recruited former Port Adelaide strength and conditioning coach Chris Spinks to the club.

"It is a great coup for the Fremantle Football Club," chief executive Steve Rosich said.

"We will have two first class operators in their field who bring to the table a wealth of experience in managing international programs for national athletes." Meanwhile, current Socceroos fitness coach and head of sports science Darren Burgess has been retained as Fremantle's sports science consultant.

Rosich said the club was edging closer to appointing an additional assistant coach to replace Chris Bond, who is now the club's general manager of football operations.

bulldogtragic
09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I like Todd.

The Coon Dog
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I like Todd.
Me too, thought his career was finished as a result of the suspension he received for colliding with an umpire. Wasn't you was it A39?

LostDoggy
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Ditto. Dour underrated defender who did his job consistently. :)

Not sure about using the term "drafted"in the article, would've thought he was "appointed" midfield coach.

LostDoggy
09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I always liked Curly. He never really recovered from that massive suspension for running in to the umpire. What really went on is a debate for another day but good on him for getting the Freo job and good luck to him.

Edit: *Just read your post then TCD. Smart minds think alike.

Bulldog Revolution
10-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Great news for Curley

He has done an apprenticeship and seems from a distance to have a good temperament for coaching

FrediKanoute
10-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Can't believe that he's only 35! Seems like ages ago that he left. Really pleased for him.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Me too, thought his career was finished as a result of the suspension he received for colliding with an umpire. Wasn't you was it A39?
Me too. Talk about a change of rule screwing over the bulldogs :) :) :)

aker39
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM

No it was not me, it was Kerin Nicholls.

The second worst tribunal decision ever.

We all know what the worst one is.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Tribunal decision or Ian Collins decision?

G-Mo77
10-10-2008, 09:56 AM

What was it again? 7 weeks? Either way it was disgraceful and pretty much finished his career!

The Coon Dog
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
What was it again? 7 weeks? Either way it was disgraceful and pretty much finished his career!

He copped 4 weeks, which was reduced to 2 upon appeal.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/archive/index.php?t-13.html

bornadog
10-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Five, plus the umpire shepharded us out of a pass and North got the goal:D

LostDoggy
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Hawthorn

LostDoggy
10-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Great news for Todd, im happy for him, and was great to see him at the Best and Fairest night.

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 01:25 PM

At the time we had the ball at half back. Nichols gave Shaun Rehn a free where the incident happened - 30m out right in front.