PDA

View Full Version : Wight, O'Shea and Eagle

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 04:00 PM
What to do?

West going frees up a fifth rookie spot.

We have Doogs, Street and Ray to replace.

Through Ayce, 31 and 32.

In this last untampered draft we need some more picks, i think we need to cut dead wwight this year.

Thoughts:

Cut Wight and O'Shea. If Paul has something, try to rookie him. Eagle is a tough call. I think next year could be is last, so i say grow some nuts pay him out and take a pick this year.

Adding to our drafting: picks 64 and 80 and either 96 or a PSD pick (Thommo or anything else that might interest us perhaps)....

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Eagle will stay.

Wight should go - elevate Mulligan

O'Shea/Shaw - one on the main list, one on the rookie list. I'd be inclined to leave things as they are.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Eagle will stay.

O'Shea/Shaw - one on the main list, one on the rookie list. I'd be inclined to leave things as they are.
3 picks in the ND, none in the PSD and an extra rookie SS?

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 04:30 PM
3 picks in the ND, none in the PSD and an extra rookie SS?

Yep.

LostDoggy
10-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Does Eagle have a contract for next year?

Mantis
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Does Eagle have a contract for next year?

Yes, one year left.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes, one year left.
If he was to go next year, we would have a much worse pick.

I say pay him out, get the pick this year, and blood a younger player.

LostDoggy
10-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, one year left.

Pity

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 04:38 PM
If he was to go next year, we would have a much worse pick.

I say pay him out, get the pick this year, and blood a younger player.

We will still have to have 3 picks in next years draft as well.

Skipper, Eagleton, Akermanis and Welsh would be the front runners at this early stage you would imagine.

Mantis
10-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Skipper, Eagleton, Akermanis and Welsh would be the front runners at this early stage you would imagine.

You're getting in early, haven't even gotten rid of this year's batch yet.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Skipper, Aker and Welsh are close enough to dead certs next year to leave. Thus we have our three to go.

Which makes me think a fourth rounder this year (a strong draft) is pick 64, a fourth rounder next year is potentially pick 80 - in perhaps a shallower draft. Makes sense to me to bring it forward and blood some kids.

The Underdog
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Eagle will stay.

I'm not sure what point there is in elevating Mulligan. He's unlikely to play above Willy ones which he could do as a rookie anyway. Be interesting to see if they keep Cam. May depend if there's any decent experienced talls available. I'm inclined to think they will give him one more year.

Topdog
10-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Isn't next year also an untampered draft?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
No. A fourth rounder will be a fair bit lower, in a weaker draft. This is the draft to have picks.

It will onlt advantage us if Braedon Jones come son (last pick) and any father sons the year after with Wallis and Liberatore.

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Sort of.

They're changing the cut off date by 3 months so there will only be 9 months worth of kids available to be drafted rather than a full years worth.