PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the guard next season?

Dry Rot
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
If they're fit, is it reasonable to say that Williams, Everitt, one of Ward or Reid and one of Boumann or Grant will all play next season?

If so which 4 or 5 players from the 2008 PF side will make way for them?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 04:49 PM
If they're fit, is it reasonable to say that Williams, Everitt, one of Ward or Reid and one of Boumann or Grant will all play next season?

I hope so.

Mantis
10-10-2008, 04:50 PM

You can probably add Addison to that list.

Competition for spots should be and will be fierce.

I vote Eagleton out.... As long as he goes I couldn't give a stuff about the rest..... Oh except I want Hill & Harbrow in the team.

Dry Rot
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM

Good point - I'd forgotten him.

Finally... - excellent development.

I vote Eagleton out.... As long as he goes I couldn't give a stuff about the rest..... Oh except I want Hill & Harbrow in the team.

Tiller may be unlucky to go.

That still leaves 2 or 3 more to go.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2008, 05:00 PM

If we're reasonably fully fit, then it's going to be very hard to break into the side. Not particularly sure both Addison and Callan will play in the same side. Unless they turn Addison into a midfield tagger, they'll probably be competing for a spot.

Williams would obviously fit right back in at CHB. Everitt is an interesting one, I wonder if they'll continue playing him as a defender or if they'll swing him forward? They might even use him as a winger if they think we are lacking a bit of run and carry.

Eagleton would be lucky to play more than 8 games next year. Harbrow & Hill should both play 16+ as they both offer quite a lot to our side and actually proved this not only during the H&A season, but in big finals.

Ward & Reid will be two to watch, as will Stack - coming into his third year, he really should be pushing for selection. It bodes well for our aspirations, because there's a hell of a lot of competition all over the ground bar FF/CHF.

westdog54
13-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Fitness is only half of the equation. Everitt has had his chances this year but his form has been well short of whats expected. So with the exception of Williams, whose form when he played was very good, the short answer is no its not.

If they're form warrants a spot, they'll replace whoever doesn't have form warranting a spot. It may sound simplistic, but hey, its a simple question with a simple answer.