PDA

View Full Version : Pelchan is the single biggest Fool in the AFL (including Cousins)

bulldogtragic
10-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Fancy attacking the swans for not negotiating when his final 'offer' was Sydney giving ROK to Hawthorn for Sydney picking up 14 places in the draft order.

Yes he bent over North a few years back, good for him. But this guy is a knob and has surpast the things that Essendon were 'offering' under Sheedy.

Disgrace.

Sockeye Salmon
10-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Fancy attacking the swans for not negotiating when his final 'offer' was Sydney giving ROK to Hawthorn for Sydney picking up 14 places in the draft order.

Yes he bent over North a few years back, good for him. But this guy is a knob and has surpast the things that Essendon were 'offering' under Sheedy.

Disgrace.

Yep.

this is the bloke who wanted Shaun Higgins and offered up Tim Boyle.

Rocket Science
10-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Must also be a contender for the crookest head in footy...that beak and gob combo makes me want to avert my eyes.

The Underdog
10-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Hawthorn really owe ROK an apology for ****ing him around like that. If not the Swans. Why take it to that level then just remove anything good off the table like they never really wanted him. I respect that it's their decision to not do the deal but to draw it out like that and not make a serious offer at any point is just bizarre.

Sedat
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Tyre kicker who wastes everybody's time. Remember when he held Sydney out until the last minute 2 years ago when they offered the very generous pick 33 for Everitt at the start of that trade week? He will cop his right whack in trade week in the near future. Someone he really rates will walk through to the PSD because they are sick and tired of kicking the dew off the grass at Box Hill, and no other club will want to negotiate with this a-grade asshole.

LostDoggy
10-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Your harsh words would be cutting deap as he polishes the premiership cup.

Rocket Science
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM

Meh...There'll be a new victor next year...and Pelchen will still have to cop the same plug ugly mug every time he looks in the mirror.

Sedat
13-10-2008, 10:04 AM
John Hook and Gary Buckenara have done 5 times more to build the current premiership team than Pelchan has - not the first time you haven't gotten the point and no doubt it won't be the last. Irrespective, this thread was in relation to Pelchan's conduct during trade week and has nothing to do with his or anyone else's drafting success rate (an entirely different topic altogether). Try sticking to the specific point at hand.

Back to the original point, the problem with Pelchan is that he built himself a repuation for screwing other clubs with Hawthorn's leftovers (Jon Hay) and now had a God complex during trade week, expecting other clubs to fall at his feet and offer him high picks for spuds. A bit like Sheeds did with the likes of Henneman and Mark Bolton year after year. Soon enough no club wanted a bar of dealing with Essendon and hey presto, they went downhill because they persisted with keeping these spuds on their list for 2-3 years too long and could not effectively manage their list moving forward. Every year in the future, other clubs will be reluctant to trade with Hawthorn because of Pelchan, which means that he has a reduced capacity to off-load players surplus to requirements, which will reduce his effectiveness in continually improving and rejuvinating the Hawthorn list.

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 11:07 AM
John Hook and Gary Buckenara have done 5 times more to build the current premiership team than Pelchan has - not the first time you haven't gotten the point and no doubt it won't be the last. Irrespective, this thread was in relation to Pelchan's conduct during trade week and has nothing to do with his or anyone else's drafting success rate (an entirely different topic altogether). Try sticking to the specific point at hand.

Back to the original point, the problem with Pelchan is that he built himself a repuation for screwing other clubs with Hawthorn's leftovers (Jon Hay) and now had a God complex during trade week, expecting other clubs to fall at his feet and offer him high picks for spuds. A bit like Sheeds did with the likes of Henneman and Mark Bolton year after year. Soon enough no club wanted a bar of dealing with Essendon and hey presto, they went downhill because they persisted with keeping these spuds on their list for 2-3 years too long and could not effectively manage their list moving forward. Every year in the future, other clubs will be reluctant to trade with Hawthorn because of Pelchan, which means that he has a reduced capacity to off-load players surplus to requirements, which will reduce his effectiveness in continually improving and rejuvinating the Hawthorn list.

Hawthorn have to play or move on Thorp and Dowler or lose them for nothing.

Dowler especially is a fool for staying at Hawthorn. He'll spend next year at BoxHill, get delisted and not get picked up by anyone.

It's already too late for Boyle, his career's finished.

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 11:14 AM

I never said Pelchen was the main factor behind the cup. I was saying he helped in some degree. Sure I get things wrong. I still laugh at BEST CHF thread though Sedat.

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Dowler especially is a fool for staying at Hawthorn. He'll spend next year at BoxHill, get delisted and not get picked up by anyone.

The Bulldogs were very keen to pick up Boyle
My mail is that he failed more than just the fitness test

bulldogtragic
13-10-2008, 11:24 AM
How so?

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2008, 12:20 PM
The Bulldogs were very keen to pick up Boyle
My mail is that he failed more than just the fitness test

Surely he failed the "must have some ability" test?

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 04:39 PM
No they weren't.

You seem to know more than me TCD you must be sleeping with Clayton!!!!!!!!!

PS you missed the point entirely.

The Coon Dog
13-10-2008, 06:12 PM

I didn't miss the point, just let it go through to the keeper.

Not sleeping with Clayton either, just spoke with a person who made it very clear we were not interested, now whether that was based on talent alone I'm uncertain.

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 07:21 PM
TCD does know more than you when it comes to the Dogs, Erasnit.

TCD pretty much knows more than anyone here when it comes to the Dogs. He is like unto.. a beknighted landowner in medieval times -- holder of all wealth and resource, distributing to all as he sees fit so that we might sup from the cup of wisdom.

I'm not remotely kidding either. Just accept it. The rest of us do (except Sockeye).

LostDoggy
13-10-2008, 07:21 PM
.. but speaking of Clayton's sleeping habits ..

Topdog
13-10-2008, 09:51 PM

The point being the one that is 100% incorrect as it cannot be checked by anyone?

Twodogs
14-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Back to the point.

Yes. He is.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Thats the key point. Hawthorn could had a secound rounder last year for Boyle (i.e. pick used on Boumann), but his arrogance has meant TWO consecutuve trade periods Boyle has been overlooked. I think Boyle's career is as good as dead. If this continues they wont capitalise on the actual trade values of players. It's like refusing to bet on a sure thing whilst always betting on 1000-1 because the pay day is bigger. Just a shame you loose 999 times for every win. If i was on the Hawthorn list i'd be quitting to the PSD because you will kill your career with him there. Not to mention if like O'Keefe you think you are dealing in good faith and allow the current relationship (with the swans) to suffer, it's just plain wrong.

I heard Balme saying the Hay trade was not good for footy. The other SEN people tried to cut him down, but Balme fought and said trading is not about screwing teams and that sets a bad culture. Trading is about win/win circumstances and enhances all levels of relationships. I agree with Balme. They moved to get Ottens but gave Moloney up, they let players go for more opportunities for very, very low picks like we did with Birss and now Ray (Although forced upon us). Pelchan is a knob, but he is also a bad influence and i hope the other clubs freeze him out and isolate the Hawks rather than embrace his cancerous style.

The Coon Dog
14-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Thats the key point. Hawthorn could had a secound rounder last year for Boyle (i.e. pick used on Boumann),

Boumann was our 5th selection in last season's draft. Sam Reid was our 2nd round selection.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Boumann was our 5th selection in last season's draft. Sam Reid was our 2nd round selection.
Like i said, they could have had Sam Reid, a decent prospect and now they have nothing... :)

Sockeye Salmon
14-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Like i said, they could have had Sam Reid, a decent prospect and now they have nothing... :)

Glad we kept the pick and took Reid.