PDA

View Full Version : O'Shea, Darcy and Ackermanis in squad for Dons game

Raw Toast
08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Anyone not surprised that O'Shea is in the squad for this weekend's game? No Pask, Hill, Lynch or Harbrow, so O'Shea must be impressing early one would think.

I'd even more surprised if he played, though Ackermanis and Darcy aren't certainties.

Good that DMack and Faulkner have also fought themselves back into the squad.

LostDoggy
08-03-2007, 05:22 PM
No Griffin?

Go_Dogs
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Griffen is having another week off with his thigh apparently.

I was also very happy to see Faulkner and McCormack come back into the squad. Would have liked to have seen Hill out there though.

Raw Toast
08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Not that I could see - he's listed in the injury section as out for one week with his thigh strain. His thighs are pretty important so worth making sure they are cherry ripe :D

Ackermanis was also listed for another week out IIRC so I won't be surprised if he's one of the four who doesn't make the final squad.

edit: you beat me to it McMahon#23

southerncross
08-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone not surprised that O'Shea is in the squad for this weekend's game? No Pask, Hill, Lynch or Harbrow, so O'Shea must be impressing early one would think.

I'd even more surprised if he played, though Ackermanis and Darcy aren't certainties.

Good that DMack and Faulkner have also fought themselves back into the squad.

I think all the outs make sense but I surprised with O'Shea's inclusion. I don't think he is ready to be mixing it with the big boys and he is a fair way behind from what I have seen. Lets see if he actually plays

I agree about D-Mac and Faulkner but actually I was surprised that Faulkner wasn't in last weeks team.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Suprised O'Shea has been named before Everitt and Hill.

Nevertheless, well done.

Hopefully Faulkner plays well.

Ditto Darcy/Cooney - two key players. Could make a world of difference.

LostDoggy
08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Suprised O'Shea has been named before Everitt and Hill.

Nevertheless, well done.

Hopefully Faulkner plays well.

Ditto Darcy/Cooney - two key players. Could make a world of difference.
Same here. O'Shea must surely just be someone who will sit most of the game on the bench.
I echo your comments about Faulkner.

alwaysadog
09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Part of the function of these games is to get injured players back, another is to give new players an idea of how far they have to go, and to give as many players as possible that experience. IMHO the preseason comp should give as many players on the list as is possible a chance to measure himself against real competition. O'Shea must have shown something to have earned his chance.

Go_Dogs
09-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Agree w/ the comments re: Faulkner. I think he's in for a good year providing he can stay injury free. Someone who attacks the ball and player like he does will have a role to play imo. Especially given that our bodies generally still seem lighter than a lot of others.