hujsh
24-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Is anyone here a part of it?

How does it compare to WOOF?

The Coon Dog
24-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Is anyone here a part of it?

How does it compare to WOOF?
No idea. I got something in the mail tonight that briefly mentioned it.

bulldogtragic
24-10-2008, 10:38 PM
No idea. I got something in the mail tonight that briefly mentioned it.
Ditto.

hujsh
25-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Maybe a new initiative then.

Topdog
25-10-2008, 09:55 AM
It is a new initiative....or more to the point a rehashed one.

The had one about 8 years ago but it died down and most Bulldogs fans moved to BigFooty and then eventually here.

Personally think they have gotten on board well and truely late but it is good to see the club trying to get involved with it's fans.

strebla
25-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Maybe better late than never interseting to see if it catches on. I think most of us will stay here

Sockeye Salmon
25-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I was part of the old Bulldogs forum - quite a few of us on here were.

The reason it died then was because of all the abuse directed at the players and club when we lost. Bulldogs supporters can be deadset embarassing sometimes.

It happened this year while we were in 3rd spot.

The club must support it's players and staff and I predict it will be shut down pretty quickly.

Woof>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every other internet forum because we don't let posters get away with abuse of the club.

Critisise, back up your claims with reasoned arguement or bugger off.

I just hope the club's moderators are as efficent as the moderators are on here.

GVGjr
25-10-2008, 12:42 PM
The reason it died then was because of all the abuse directed at the players and club when we lost. Bulldogs supporters can be deadset embarassing sometimes.

It happened this year while we were in 3rd spot.

This is something that I have really noticed over the last 4 years and it's getting worse. People lay claim that they love the club but other than taking out a membership they, at times, bag it unmercifully. I understand that people get frustrated but some of the language and comments directed to the players, coaches and the club in general really show a lack of respect.

The club must support it's players and staff and I predict it will be shut down pretty quickly.

Not an ideal position to be in and often they are in a no win position.

Woof>>Every other internet forum because we don't let posters get away with abuse of the club.

Critisise, back up your claims with reasoned arguement or bugger off.

I just hope the club's moderators are as efficent as the moderators are on here.

The funny thing is that on most days/weeks there isn't a lot to moderate. The core group of contributors here set the standard and most people that join just follow that. Sure there is the odd issue that needs to be sorted, but just about everyone here treats everyone else with respect. The good part is even when someone oversteps the mark, a PM normally sorts it out without any sulking or fear that things will get into a slanging match.

bulldogtragic
25-10-2008, 12:59 PM
This is something that I have really noticed over the last 4 years and it's getting worse. People lay claim that they love the club but other than taking out a membership they, at times, bag it unmercifully. I understand that people get frustrated but some of the language and comments directed to the players, coaches and the club in general really show a lack of respect.

Not an ideal position to be in and often they are in a no win position.

The funny thing is that on most days/weeks there isn't a lot to moderate. The core group of contributors here set the standard and most people that join just follow that. Sure there is the odd issue that needs to be sorted, but just about everyone here treats everyone else with respect. The good part is even when someone oversteps the mark, a PM normally sorts it out without any sulking or fear that things will get into a slanging match.
Not to mention (from the right users) most things mentioned on WOOF seem to be mostly accurate, as others can be just breeding grounds for people looking to stir with false 'rumours'. Unless, every single regular on here moved over there and the joining was as scrutinised and te cultre was the same, it wont succeed. Good on them for a having a dip, but after years on BF mainly and dabbling at the edges of others, WOOF is miles ahead and can't be replicated in my opinion.

LostDoggy
25-10-2008, 02:10 PM
What I don't understand is why organisations feel that they need to do everything. The Club runs a football department. Leave the blogging to better credentialed people, like GVG to run.

Or better still, instead of creating competition with one of your best fan bases (WOOF), why not INVITE WOOF into a PARTNERSHIP with the club that sees us become their 'official' fan board? They get an up and running, successful board with the best moderators in the business and a core of great contributors, and we get some support in way of free tickets for competitions, more access to coaches and players for interviews (which we already have in many ways), special 'coterie' priviledges etc.

GVGjr
25-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't seen the actual reference to starting up their own forum but I see it as potentially a good thing for WOOF, not a negative.
There will be a few things they can do far better than we can but I think we can all agree that currently their own website could be substantially improved.

A lot of people that join here are delighted to find a decent place to have a talk with other Bulldogs fans and most of them didn't really know that this site or any others actually existed.

MrMahatma
26-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Can't see it taking off too much, unless they offer something no other forum can... direct access to players/coaches/the inner sanctum... which I doubt they'd do.

hujsh
26-10-2008, 02:24 AM
I think I'll join it. See what's happening there.

LostDoggy
26-10-2008, 01:00 PM
What I don't understand is why organisations feel that they need to do everything. The Club runs a football department. Leave the blogging to better credentialed people, like GVG to run.

Or better still, instead of creating competition with one of your best fan bases (WOOF), why not INVITE WOOF into a PARTNERSHIP with the club that sees us become their 'official' fan board? They get an up and running, successful board with the best moderators in the business and a core of great contributors, and we get some support in way of free tickets for competitions, more access to coaches and players for interviews (which we already have in many ways), special 'coterie' priviledges etc.

That's a grea idea Lantern.

I think I will wander over and take a look.

Desipura
27-10-2008, 01:41 PM
I wonder whether this new forum would let me post that information I had about Rocket and Farren Ray having a very heated discussion after the Hawks final in which I was told that his future pretty much lay elsewhere..........I would think not, that is why nothing will compare to this forum.

dadsgirl16
27-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I know I am staying here,having just joined (but sneaking a peak all year) I luv the fact its so
informative yet informal and friendly!!I hate it when there's BS and outright abuse of our boys.

Pembleton
28-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know that the 'memebers forum' is to take the form of an internet message board, is it just an assumption? I have seen only a very little about it, and my immediate reaction wasn't to think it meant a WOOF style message board. As i said, i know basically nothing about it...

Topdog
28-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I think everyone is just assuming. Hopefully it is more of a come and speak with the bulldogs night.

craigsahibee
29-10-2008, 09:32 AM
This is my 300th post.

Firstly I would like to thank my teammates, the coaching staff and particularly all of my junior coaches I have had along the way. Obviously the fans, without them it's not really worth posting. Most of all, I would like to thank my family who have been behind me every step of the way and have encouraged me during every post. I couldn't have done it without them.

Thank you all.

strebla
29-10-2008, 12:18 PM
This is my 300th post.

Firstly I would like to thank my teammates, the coaching staff and particularly all of my junior coaches I have had along the way. Obviously the fans, without them it's not really worth posting. Most of all, I would like to thank my family who have been behind me every step of the way and have encouraged me during every post. I couldn't have done it without them.

Thank you all.

Well done a gliittering career LOL