PDA

View Full Version : Ayce Cordy Video Footage

FrediKanoute
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I found this posted on another site. I've never seen Ayce play before, but I nearly wet myself watching this footage. The first half repeats itself, but hang about and watch it all b/c it really is impressive.......guys over 200cm shouldn't move the way he does!

mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_a..._Cordy2008.wmv

Scorlibo
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
He looks fantastic. Highly skillful and although skinny, he doesn't get knocked over and is happy to through his weight around to good effect.:)

hujsh
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
How do you watch it?

jgb99
04-11-2008, 02:37 AM
On youtube:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mT9Vil2aIg8

mT9Vil2aIg8

westdog54
04-11-2008, 04:26 AM
Certainly not afraid to get his hands dirty.

I like what I see.

KT31
04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Looks the goods.
Not a bad pick at 14.

Desipura
04-11-2008, 11:37 AM
thanks Fredi, I was looking for some footage just yesterday! Moves extremely well for 201cm and has a nice fluent kicking action.

GVGjr
04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
He's been compared to a skinnier version of a young Brad Ottens. If he can stay injury free we should get a good forward / ruckman.

Mantis
04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
As with Desi he certainly moves well for a big fella. He looks to be very good below his knees which is not always the case with players over 200cm.

Impressive stuff.

Scorlibo
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
He's been compared to a skinnier version of a young Brad Ottens. If he can stay injury free we should get a good forward / ruckman.

Yea that comparison seems very good looking at the video.

The Doctor
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Question/s.

Do we still need to take a KP forward with one of our 2 live picks in the draft now that we have Cordy, Grant, Boumann and the versatile Everitt as developing players for this kind of role?

Would we be better off going for a genuine ruckman instead? Should we grab a key defender as insurance for Williams/Lake in the future (if we exclude Wight we don't have one atm)?

GVGjr
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Question/s.

Do we still need to take a KP forward with one of our 2 live picks in the draft now that we have Cordy, Grant, Boumann and the versatile Everitt as developing players for this kind of role?

Would we be better off going for a genuine ruckman instead? Should we grab a key defender as insurance for Williams/Lake in the future (if we exclude Wight we don't have one atm)?

I'm not that hung up on having to draft a key forward but we do need at least one key position player or a ruckman from the two picks. Trying to squeeze all the youngsters into the forward line of Williamstown senior line-up alongside the likes of Skipper will be very difficult.

The likes of Roughead or Post would be good selections.
I don't see Cordy as a ruckman for a few seasons so he will primarily be a forward at least for the first couple of years.

FrediKanoute
04-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Question/s.

I think the answer is yes, especially if they are the best available. We have no guarantees with Cordy, Grant or Boumann, injury, the inability to make the transition to AFL could all nobble their careers. Its best not to put you eggs all in one basket. For me, unless there is an outstanding midfield player or tall utility which slips, then I would go tall.

vho
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow looks skinnier than what i'd imagine, hope his gym sessions are going well. Awesome skills for a skinny kid.

LostDoggy
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I like what i see from that short clip..

Especially at the end where he gets in trouble but mops up his own mess very nicely..

Looking forward to the day he lines up for us.

Desipura
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
In regards to pur pick 31 & 32, if the onballer is substantially better than the kpp, you have to go the onballer. If there is not much difference between the 2, you have to go the kpp.

gohardorgohome
05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
looks very good...nice to see him wearing number 49 (Brian Cordy's number) in once of the clips.

Twodogs
16-11-2008, 06:05 PM
looks very good...nice to see him wearing number 49 (Brian Cordy's number) in once of the clips.

I noticed that. I wonder if he'll wear it for us?

Pedro Sanchez
17-11-2008, 01:57 AM
What stood out the most for me was the grab he took just outside the goal square and then twirled the footy in his hand. It had the mark of class and gave an impression that he was a player. I know its not necessarily much, but sometimes its little things like this that says it all. Almost like when i first saw Higgins play and he was just one touch...

Anyway looks like a mighty selection for just pick 14. Go the Ayce!

Scorlibo
17-11-2008, 11:57 AM
What stood out the most for me was the grab he took just outside the goal square and then twirled the footy in his hand. It had the mark of class and gave an impression that he was a player. I know its not necessarily much, but sometimes its little things like this that says it all. Almost like when i first saw Higgins play and he was just one touch...

Anyway looks like a mighty selection for just pick 14. Go the Ayce!

Ditto, the same sort of thing grabbed me with Grant's highlights package last year, you can see his elite ball handling just from that little highlight and Grant took a very similar mark in his highlights package last year, followed by a little shove into the back of his opponents head with the ball:D

LostDoggy
20-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Ditto, the same sort of thing grabbed me with Grant's highlights package last year, you can see his elite ball handling just from that little highlight and Grant took a very similar mark in his highlights package last year, followed by a little shove into the back of his opponents head with the ball:D

Yep, I want to see confidence out there with a touch of arrogance - an expectation that they will be top dogs - not they hope they will be.

Dancin' Douggy
20-11-2008, 12:57 AM
My brother lives in ocean grove and has been raving to me about Ayce for years. He told me his little brother is even more of a freakish athlete. Wins team games by himself no matter what the sport is. Bring on the Cordys.

mighty_west
20-11-2008, 05:34 PM
My brother lives in ocean grove and has been raving to me about Ayce for years. He told me his little brother is even more of a freakish athlete. Wins team games by himself no matter what the sport is. Bring on the Cordys.

Sounds exciting, what is his brothers name, and how far off being drafted is he?

Things are looking good for father/sons with Mitch Wallis, Thomas Libba etc coming through, especially with the GC17 dominating the drafts from 2010.

Would be like old times seeing a couple of Cordy's runniung around in the tri colours!

Scorlibo
20-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Sounds exciting, what is his brothers name, and how far off being drafted is he?

Things are looking good for father/sons with Mitch Wallis, Thomas Libba etc coming through, especially with the GC17 dominating the drafts from 2010.

Would be like old times seeing a couple of Cordy's runniung around in the tri colours!

I think his name could be Jayden, and if so, he's already getting his footy on youtube:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CKwcxgzyFCE

Desipura
21-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Speaking of Jayden, the highlights of Jayden Post in the above youtube are very impressive. Is a fantastic mark and kicks some really nice goals. He loves to use his pace and take them on.
The only thing the footage does not show is him hitting a target. All his kicks were long.

strebla
21-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Speaking of Jayden, the highlights of Jayden Post in the above youtube are very impressive. Is a fantastic mark and kicks some really nice goals. He loves to use his pace and take them on.
The only thing the footage does not show is him hitting a target. All his kicks were long.

I understand what you are saying but when you are a couple of steps ahead of everyone else you tend to go it alone more often than not. I think you will see more of his field kicking and work rate when he starts to play rep footy

Desipura
21-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I understand what you are saying but when you are a couple of steps ahead of everyone else you tend to go it alone more often than not. I think you will see more of his field kicking and work rate when he starts to play rep footy
I do not understand whether you are praising him or not. What do you mean when you say "when he starts to play rep footy", do you mean repetitve footy?
All I was saying was from the highlights I could not tell whether he could hit a target with his kicks as they were all long kicks.
If he is not naturally a good kick, you can only improve it so much.

Scorlibo
21-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I do not understand whether you are praising him or not. What do you mean when you say "when he starts to play rep footy", do you mean repetitve footy?
All I was saying was from the highlights I could not tell whether he could hit a target with his kicks as they were all long kicks.
If he is not naturally a good kick, you can only improve it so much.

I think Strebla was just saying that with Post, in the Tac Cup he is playing a year older and a step of quality above other players and as such he is able to go on those runs and take the players on with more success like you saw in the video. In repRESENTATIVE football it is a lot tighter and Post may not be able to re-create his TAC form.

Desipura
22-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I think Strebla was just saying that with Post, in the Tac Cup he is playing a year older and a step of quality above other players and as such he is able to go on those runs and take the players on with more success like you saw in the video. In repRESENTATIVE football it is a lot tighter and Post may not be able to re-create his TAC form.
I initially thought Strebla meant that however the comment "when he starts to play rep footy" confused me as he will not get the opportunity to play rep footy in the future.
Instead he may get drafted to an AFL club next week.