PDA

View Full Version : Injuries, Surgery, Recovery

bornadog
13-11-2008, 06:33 PM
As per every season we have players that have gone under the knife and need to recover in time to have a decent preseason.

I thought I would list the ones I know and we can discuss if its a concern for 2009.

Murphy - Knee
Tom Williams - Shoulder - The boy we are all crossing our fingers for.
Gia - Arm
Addison - still recovering from knee, but should be ok
Lake - Hip
Cooney - Knee

Any others?

comrade
13-11-2008, 07:38 PM
6 of our best 22, but only Murphy's seems overtly serious (i.e. extended injury time). Although Tom Williams shoulder will most likely keep him out for the rest of the decade. Any word on Stack?

LostDoggy
13-11-2008, 08:54 PM
As per every season we have players that have gone under the knife and need to recover in time to have a decent preseason.

I thought I would list the ones I know and we can discuss if its a concern for 2009.

Murphy - Knee
Tom Williams - Shoulder - The boy we are all crossing our fingers for.
Gia - Arm
Addison - still recovering from knee, but should be ok
Lake - Hip
Cooney - Knee

Any others?

Lake's annual hip surgery is becomming a bit of a worry. Danny Jacobs was a recent retiree due to a hip problem at the age of 28, and Lakes no spring chicken. Hopefully theres no concern there.

Cooneys knee should be right according to the paper.

Gia can still run. The pre season is about building a fitness base, especially pre christmas so i doubt he would miss much there.

Addisons knee shouldnt be a worry either. He was pressing for selection in the finals so add another 8 weeks onto that it should be micky mouse.

Tommys shoulder is a concern, though i think he would have had a similar procedure to what Buddy had where they tightened the tendons. I hope they take a cautious approach with Tom, especially early on. The grounds are very hard currently and with his history i wouldnt take any chances.

Murphs knee is the only major concern. Though there was some good news that it wasnt his recoed knee from 06'. Missing 3 months of full training is the only concern. Though id say he would have a fairly decent rehab program that would require alot of straight line running so i wouldnt be overly concerned about fitness.