PDA

View Full Version : We want your feedback..

GVGjr
24-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I have been asked to post the following message on behalf of the Western Bulldogs Events team

To Woof.net.au subscribers

As valued Bulldogs members and supporters, we are seeking your feedback on the date of the 2009 Charles Sutton Medal.

As most of you are aware, for the last 2 years, the Club has hosted this event on the Tuesday evening post Grand Final at Crown Palladium, in 2009 that will fall on Tuesday 29 Sept.

An opportunity has been presented to us to move the event to the Sunday of that same week, still at Crown Palladium, in 2009 that will be Sun 4 October.

Ideally, we would like to host this event on a Friday or Saturday evening, but unfortunately for us at the moment, that isn’t an option (however, we are still trying so watch this space.

Being the largest event we host (behind our Community Festival & Family Day), this is an extremely big decision for the Club and we are seeking your feedback/comments to help us reach a decision.

As always, we welcome any additional feedback you may have on how we can further improve this event.

I’m interested in your comments in relation to this and people’s preference for Tuesday 29 September 2009 OR Sunday 4 October 2009.

Your feedback is important to us

Regards
Anna Mitchell
Manager, Events
Western Bulldogs
Tel: 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47)

Stevo
24-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I have been a few times and think Tuesday night is the best option out of the two options supplied.
I think it would be great if it could eventually be on a Saturday night but Tuesday night is OK by me.

Dogs 24/7
24-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Sunday would be fine by me but I think Tuesday night will be the preferred option. My recommendation would be to stick with Tuesday.

LostDoggy
24-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I would prefer the Sunday gives me an excuse to take Monday off work. Good of the club to seek our opinions.

All Bark no Bite
24-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Ideally, we would like to host this event on a Friday or Saturday evening, but unfortunately for us at the moment, that isn’t an option (however, we are still trying so watch this space.

If it can't be a Friday or Saturday evening event then Sunday would be the next best. Too hard to make it there during the weeknights.

BulldogBelle
24-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Either Tuesday or Sunday is fine - if I had to choose probably would go for the Sunday evening slot.

bulldog
24-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Sunday nite would be better

LostDoggy
24-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Obviously friday or saturday would be preferred, however of the 2 options available, Tuesday would probably be the better - 2 out of the 5 working days gone - only 3 days to struggle trough....

westdog54
25-11-2008, 01:26 AM
The way I see it, its 5 extra days to nurse off our premiership celebration hangovers. Sounds good to me!

strebla
25-11-2008, 01:46 AM
I would think sunday is the better of the two options very impressed with the club using this forum to get member feedback .

Topdog
25-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Personally think that Sunday would be the best. Would still be slightly drunk after the GF ....hopefully because we have won this time

Plus as charmdog said, gives you an excuse to get the Monday off work and have the always welcome 3 day weekend.

craigsahibee
25-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Sunday night the far better option. Leaves me all weekend to organise the waxing and fake tan rather than having to do it after work on a Tuesday.

Twodogs
25-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Sunday for me

Like WD54 says it gives us more time to lose our premiership hangovers.

LostDoggy
25-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I would prefer sunday. It would be esier for me to make it on a sunday.

bornadog
25-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Tuesday is fine with me. I attended this year and it worked out well on the Tuesday.

Bulldog Revolution
26-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I dont have a strong preference either way on Sunday or Tuesday

dogs den mum
26-11-2008, 06:26 PM
As an interstate member, weekends are the best option. Saturdays would be first preference so we wouldn't have to take time off work. Sundays would be next best.

Weeknights are impossible for anyone travelling long distances to make it to Melbourne after work, then you can't get a flight home until the next day so that's two days off work. (Not possible for some of us)

When we came over for the Charles Sutton Medal in 2006 it was a Saturday night event. We had booked our flight for Friday night but at the last minute our flight was cancelled(a regular occurrence here) and we couldn't get another until Saturday afternoon. It meant we forfeited our pre-booked Friday night accommodation but we would have been REALLY mad if we had missed the dinner too!

So if the ONLY options next year are Tues/ Sun, I'd say Sunday.

LostDoggy
27-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Would much prefer the Sunday, but the Tuesday would be much better, since im going overseas early October next year.

Raw Toast
28-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Sunday for me, nice to be asked. :)

LostDoggy
30-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Sunday will be great!!