PDA

View Full Version : East-West Day

ledge
04-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Just read the write up on East,West family day, claims they are a big supporter group, they put the times but i cant see a date anywhere! Wont get anyone turning up!

GVGjr
04-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Just read the write up on East,West family day, claims they are a big supporter group, they put the times but i cant see a date anywhere! Wont get anyone turning up!

Th big East meets West day is around mid January. The last few years it's been at Wesley College in Mt Waverley

LostDoggy
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
East Meets West Family Day

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=70622

The East-West Club, the Western Bulldogs largest Supporter Group is hosting their annual East-Meets West Family Day on January 17th. This unique day on the supporter group calendar is a brilliant opportunity for supporters to see the 2009 Western Bulldogs playing group during a light pre-season training session.

This family friendly day offers a BBQ breakfast, face painting, membership and merchandise sales and other fun activities for the kids and it is a great way to support the fundraising efforts of the East-West Club.

Players, coaches and staff will be in attendance and all members and non-members are encouraged to join in the day. Attendance is complimentary and this is great family friendly way to show your support of the might Red, White & Blue!

We congratulate the East West Club on celebrating 25 years in 2008 and encourage those living in Melbourne’s East who are looking for like-minded Western Bulldogs members who share the same passion for our great Club, to become involved.
East-West Club membership is free with all Western Bulldogs match day entry memberships and only $15 for adults and $5 for juniors.

Date: 17 January, 2009
Time: 8.30am – Noon

LostDoggy
08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm a member of the East West Club and I can highly recommend this event. All players, coaching staff and David Smorgon attend. Rocket introduces all of the new recruits to the crowd and David gives us an update as to where things are at with the club as a whole.

It's a great opportunity to see how all the boys are travelling and get a glimpse of the new recruits in action. There is plenty of opportunities for the kids to have photos taken with the players and get their autographs. The players all seem to really enjoy the day too and they are always surprised at how many Bulldog supporters there are in the eastern suburbs.

It would be great to see plenty of Bulldog fans there next year form the east and west!! Unfortunately the event it wasn't marketed very well last year which resulted in a poor supporter turnout but it looks like the club is doing a better job this time around.

See you all there next year!!

LostDoggy
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I have attended this event for the last three years and I it is a wonderfull day. I would reccomend it for all doggies supporters.

soupman
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I have also attended the event frequently, probably the last 4 or 5 times they came out (it was at Jells Park originally wasn't it?). The last 3 years or so have seen rainy days though, so hopefully this one will be a bit nicer.