PDA

View Full Version : Cap -> Male & Scarf -> Female in 2009

The Coon Dog
11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
In 2009 Bulldog's members will either receive a cap or a scarf depending on whether they're male or female.

If you are a male you will receive a cap.

If you are a female you will receive a pashmina scarf.

I don't have a problem with that as I have about 12 scarfs now.

craigsahibee
11-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I still think think the club should give us the option of whether we want to receive all of these extras. I am not after a discounted membership price but the club could save some cash by only providing these extras to those that want them.

azabob
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
In 2009 Bulldog's members will either receive a cap or a scarf depending on whether they're male or female.

Neither do I, but I did email the club at the start of last year suggesting we should have the option to either receive the cap / scarf or donate it to a community group the club works with. I still think its something the club should look at.

Sockeye Salmon
11-12-2008, 01:51 PM

I've given away about half a dozen scarves to other peoples kids in an attempt to turn them.

I'm down to my last 3-4 scarves!

The Underdog
11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Excellent, I've only got about 4 Dogs caps that don't quite sit properly on my apparently misshapen head and make me look a bit of a dill :)

Mofra
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Excellent, I've only got about 4 Dogs caps that don't quite sit properly on my apparently misshapen head and make me look a bit of a dill :)
Don't be knocking odd-shaped people.... only the jeans man at Sth Melb market can fit me for my blues.

Would be happy to receive no gifts with my membership, I still have a scarf I bought at the SCG many years ago and have happy memories of the day.

LostDoggy
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I want a bulldog cravat

LostDoggy
11-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I dont have a scarf, ive got the 07 and 08 hats signed

Bring on another hat :D

LostDoggy
11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I hate the hats... not a hat person!
I love the scarves, i even wore mine in Darwin this year for some reason...
I must be quite attached, aha!

I do think you should be able to tick a box and take your pick from either, because i know people would like to have options. I suppose it lucky i'm a female and will be recieving a scarf!

Sockeye Salmon
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I want a bulldog cravat

Perhaps a beret?

bornadog
11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
All juniors should get a flag. Imagine the Dome with all the kids waving their flags, what a great site.

strebla
12-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I dont need either a badge to put on my jacket would do me I know as do all my family and friend that I AM a Bulldog member for life (and hopefully beyond )

soupman
12-12-2008, 03:32 AM
I would prefer a scarf with the number of years as a member or something like that over another cap. We have a ridiculous amount of caps here, and I never wear them, but we use scarfs all the time, and they are much more practical for a winter sport. Plus, with the 12 or so scarfs we have its quite easy to equip friends with Bulldogs gear, while they are usually less than keen to chuck on a cap.

Cyberdoggie
12-12-2008, 10:56 AM

Those hats don't fit anyone, they are cheap as chips and only fit coneheads or the like shaped.

They are also not my style as they are far too busy in design.

What's wrong with a nice darker blue with the emblem at the front, or a nice 80's style bulldog sitting proudly at the front of your hat!!!

I love the recent scarves though. They are warm and look fantastic, best thing the club has made in my opinion. Nothing better than seeing a pack of bulldog supporters all with their same scarves on.

LostDoggy
12-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm happy to get the scarf, I don't wear the caps although I did a bit in 2006 because I really liked that one. I have a collection of more than a dozen caps between my family and almost that many scarves- although I agree with soupaman, scarves are great for when you bring friends to the game.

Happy Days
12-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Not a big hat guy.

Would much prefer a scarf.

Dancin' Douggy
12-12-2008, 11:35 PM
All I want is my membership card.
Everything else is just over consumption of the worlds resources.
We've got to get over the idea that everything comes with a drink bottle, a back pack, a hat, a 'limited edition' carry case etc etc blah blah. All I want is my card to get into the games.
The club, and other organisations, should give you a green option where you can choose not to receive any merchandising at all.

It all ends up in the tip pretty quickly anyway

Twodogs
13-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I love the scarves, i even wore mine in Darwin this year for some reason...

^^^^^^^^

You're a crazy person!

It was ****ing hot up there.

LostDoggy
13-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with the comments about the hats, however it was wonderful to look around and see a sea of red white and blue hats during the finals - the scarfs don't make such a strong impact.

The Coon Dog
13-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I clarified the matter this morning at the training session.

If you live more than 100km away you get a cap if you are male & a scarf if you are female.

If you live closer than 100km you receive a voucher that you can redeem for whichever you want.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/scan0004.jpg

Raw Toast
13-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I clarified the matter this morning at the training session.

If you live more than 100km away you get a cap if you are male & a scarf if you are female.

If you live closer than 100km you receive a voucher that you can redeem for whichever you want.

Excellent, as GvGjr and Twodogs know, I'm much more of a scarf lad as well (and got heaps of the caps that I don't use as well - I think I follow Sockeye and see how many I can give to those who need them!).