PDA

View Full Version : Andrejs Everitt

The Bulldogs Bite
19-12-2008, 09:49 PM
It's fairly well documented he had a very poor season this year, accompanied by injuries and the wrong attitude. Hopefully he's able to turn that around, because he certainly has talent and can play the game, as showcased by his impressive first season.

My question, though, is where do we play him? He struggled down back at both AFL/VFL levels this year, and although you could put that down to a lack of body strength/inexperience, he didn't look comfortable. No doubt he'd probably be able to adapt to this role over time, but perhaps with Williams (risky to rely on, I know) and Tiller (Good finals series) he could play a different position?

A full, hard pre-season, a little more bulk, and realistically Everitt should be firmly in our best 22. Can/should he be played as a roaming CHF? He's very mobile, has a decent set of hands and has beautiful skills. With Grant, Cordy, Boumann etc. a way off, Everitt might be worth a shot at trying up forward. With his height/pace he could worry a few defenders. Is it possible/worthwhile trialing in the NAB Cup?

At this stage, his position is probably still a little unknown. Earmarked for CHB, but capable of playing on the wing or perhaps up forward. With possible options down back, it could be an opportunity to swing him up forward. Big IF though, because he'd have to completely turn his form around.

Thoughts?

GVGjr
19-12-2008, 09:54 PM
At this stage, his position is probably still a little unknown. Earmarked for CHB, but capable of playing on the wing or perhaps up forward. With possible options down back, it could be an opportunity to swing him up forward. Big IF though, because he'd have to completely turn his form around.

Thoughts?

I wonder if there is any advantage of settling him down in one position or just putting him where we think he is needed that week.? I cannot decide what position best suits him but I guess the best footy I have seen him play is across half back.
I'd like to see him tried as a forward but I'm not sure if he is ready for it.

Bulldog Revolution
19-12-2008, 10:27 PM
His best footy has been as third tall, but that said the side was really struggling when he was in it in that role playing his best footy to date. So whilst I am not blaming him for that I still think its a long way from a certainty he is definitely in our best side in 2009.

Hes obviously got talent but U remain unconvinced. With Tiller stepping up, and hopefully a fit Williams, Callan and Addison then suddenly the backline becomes harder to break in to.

IMO its still another year before Everitt can really be played forward at AFL level. They may look to try him there in the VFL there in 2009.

The Underdog
19-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Personally I think he was recruited as a CHB and I think he should be given a shot at playing there. It's his third season and he should have enough strength on him to play there against most opponents come the start of 2009. I know he had a bad 2nd year but I'm all in favour of putting him there and giving him some time to settle.
And yes I know Williams can hold CHB but even I'm not that big of an optimist to think he'll play 22. In an ideal world we have Lake, Williams and Everitt to play on tall forwards which could give us some real options down back.

dog town
20-12-2008, 08:35 AM
He will play down back. He had some very poor games in defence last season but in his better games he actually played quite brilliantly at times. It seems he has a big gap between his best and his worst but I like to judge players potential of there best performances. In his better 2 or 3 games he showed great spoiling ability and really worked his man over on the lead so I see his future as a rebounding defender. I think he is a bit of laid back character and may struggle to get up every week so he really needs to work on that consistency.

Havent seen a lot to suggest he has natural forward instincts but sometimes its hard to pick up without actually playing them up forward.

Cyberdoggie
20-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Bad case of the second year blues.

Hopefully and by the sounds of it he has turned the corner and we'll see a different Everitt next year.

He'll still be in defence. Just hopefully he'll get his confidence back

strebla
20-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I see him as a roving half back wingman type has good pace and great hands when confident. Really looking forward to him stepping up this year

wb_age
20-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I agree with the last post, especially with this footage to go by:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=im2nJtr-RUE

Max469
21-12-2008, 07:18 AM
I see him as a roving half back wingman type has good pace and great hands when confident really looking forward to him stepping up this year

A guy I work with says this is where he belongs.

He has watched him play since he was a kid and against his son.

Jarrad Grant also played with them - but he is not too keen on him.