PDA

View Full Version : 2009 membership pack

LostDoggy
24-12-2008, 12:08 PM
got mine, its ok, but no fridge magnet as yet!!!!!! watching DVD now...............

LostDoggy
25-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah got mine Monday..

DVD was quick n good..nice speech from Bubba before the rd1 clash...I'll still buy the full highlights dvd though

Interesting we gotta collect hats (men) and scarves (ladies) from the actual shop..although it doesnt bother me as I live round the corner, might have to pick em up for my cousin and mate though

BulldogBelle
26-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Interesting we gotta collect hats (men) and scarves (ladies) from the actual shop

It is a choice of whichever you want items aren't exclusively male or female - perhaps some of you guys would prefer the pashmina scarves as a fashion accessory. :D

I have a couple of memberships so I will get one of each.

G-Mo77
27-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Interesting we gotta collect hats (men) and scarves (ladies) from the actual shop..although it doesnt bother me as I live round the corner, might have to pick em up for my cousin and mate though

And anyone else who lives outside the city. Once again country supporters are left alienated. What a joke! They can stick their hat!

I saw the "Membership packs" going through the mail at work on XMas eve. It's a pretty crumby pack to be honest.

Haven't got mine yet, I guess Monday. :confused:

LostDoggy
27-12-2008, 11:19 AM
And anyone else who lives outside the city. Once again country supporters are left alienated. What a joke! They can stick their hat!

I saw the "Membership packs" going through the mail at work on XMas eve. It's a pretty crumby pack to be honest.

Haven't got mine yet, I guess Monday. :confused:

I am sure we will be able to pick them up from the Membership tent before our first home games.

OLD SCRAGGer
27-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Haven't got mine as yet. I'm a littled PO'd as I bought several memberships as Christmas gifts and had bugger all to give out Christmas morning. Club needs to fix this for next year and get them out at least a week earlier:rolleyes:

G-Mo77
27-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I am sure we will be able to pick them up from the Membership tent before our first home games.

Yeah probably but after spending close to $300 on my membership alone you think that they could spend $2 - $3 to send it out to me. It's really stingey, the whole pack seems to be. :(

I'm trying to convince a couple of people at work to sign up, they both laughed when they saw the pencil case go through the mail on XMas eve so that alone has made my job harder. I'll keep trying though.

The Coon Dog
27-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah probably but after spending close to $300 on my membership alone you think that they could spend $2 - $3 to send it out to me. It's really stingey, the whole pack seems to be. :(

I'm trying to convince a couple of people at work to sign up, they both laughed when they saw the pencil case go through the mail on XMas eve so that alone has made my job harder. I'll keep trying though.

Can I just get this right. You live more than 100kms away & they didn't post your cap or scarf?

When I was watching the players train the m'ship people told me that those living within 100kms would receive a redemption voucher & those further than that would have theirs posted.

Might be worth ringing the m'ship department in the New Year.

G-Mo77
27-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Can I just get this right. You live more than 100kms away & they didn't post your cap or scarf?

When I was watching the players train the m'ship people told me that those living within 100kms would receive a redemption voucher & those further than that would have theirs posted.

Might be worth ringing the m'ship department in the New Year.

I'm still yet to recieve one. But the ones we saw go through the mail were for Kyneton and they had the pencil cases. I'm pretty sure they are more than 100KMs away. I'll wait and see what the mail on Monday brings before I get riled up to much more about it. :o

DOG GOD
29-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Got mine today (in tassie). Pencil case and hat came in satchel. Not a huge fan of the hat. will watch the dvd shortly.

Max469
29-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Mine was waiting for me when I go back from Christmas away.

Interesting packaging the Pencil Case.

Missing my Social Club medallion/key ring or what ever it is this year.

LostDoggy
29-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Just wondering what we receive with the membership packs so i know what to expect when i get mine. Its my 1st year as a member :-)

Happy Days
30-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Mine was waiting for me when I go back from Christmas away.

Interesting packaging the Pencil Case.

Missing my Social Club medallion/key ring or what ever it is this year.

I can top that....

Mines missing the actual card! :eek:

Happy Days
30-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Just wondering what we receive with the membership packs so i know what to expect when i get mine. Its my 1st year as a member :-)

Welcome aboard...you picked a good time to sign up :)

There's a Highlights dvd of 2008, a Williamstown membership card (featuring a snap of the beautiful mug of that superstar Callan Ward), a voucher to redeem either a scarf or a hat, a bunch of stickers, a lanyard thing to put your membership in, and, apparently, your membership card.

And it all comes in a plastic pencil case-type resealable bag.

LostDoggy
30-12-2008, 07:51 AM
thanks for that happy days!

The Underdog
30-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I can top that....

Membership card's don't get sent until early next year.
As for the pack itself it's fairly underwhelming although as long as I get a sticker for the car I'm happy. The social club key ring is a piece of crap though, the worst one yet and that's saying something after the last couple of years...

LostDoggy
30-12-2008, 07:15 PM
As for the pack itself it's fairly underwhelming although as long as I get a sticker for the car I'm happy. The social club key ring is a piece of crap though, the worst one yet and that's saying something after the last couple of years...

That's all I am interested in really, the scarfs look nice, but the rest of the stuff is just for the kids really. Although will be interested to see the social club medallion thingy, my second year as a member at that level. I am more just happy that I am supporting the club that will one day (soon) bring me one of my happiest days.:)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-12-2008, 07:28 PM
My wife, our dog and myself all re-signed on the 10th December. Should we be expecting our membership pack sometime soon?

Happy Days
30-12-2008, 07:30 PM

Well thats a relief then!

LostDoggy
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I received my membership pack yesterday - was hoping for the scarf but got a hat instead.

bornadog
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Stupid time to send it all out with people away. We were away from Christmas eve and a note was left in the mail box to pickup from the post office.

mighty_west
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I recieved mine a few days before Christmas.

Whilst the pencil case pack isn't much to look at, at least it's practical, imagine all the kids taking that to school with their pencils in, with the Doggies logo - cool, better than some tin case that was good to look at, but thats about it, and a dvd case holder thing which ONLY held the membership stuff, couldn't be used for anything else.

I also live a fair distance to Whitten Oval [about a 80-90 minute drive], amd whilst it would have been nice for them to post the cap or scarf, i'll just pick it up at the Family day, no dramas, plus if the club saves say $2 extra times 30,000, thats 60 G's, there goes one of our rookies!!!!!

LostDoggy
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I could care less about the stickers and scarfs.

My membership is purely for my club's survival and ensuring that each dollar I spend goes directly into the pockets of the WBFC and not the antichrist's Ian Collins.

I think membership packs are great for families with kids, but other than that, I really don't see the point?

I donate my membership pack every year to family and friends who like all the sort of nonsense, I think my father has about 7 caps and 4 scarfs.

mighty_west
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I could care less about the stickers and scarfs.

My membership is purely for my club's survival and ensuring that each dollar I spend goes directly into the pockets of the WBFC and not the antichrist's Ian Collins.

I think membership packs are great for families with kids, but other than that, I really don't see the point?

I donate my membership pack every year to family and friends who like all the sort of nonsense, I think my father has about 7 caps and 4 scarfs.

The point of it being for members to display the bumper sticker on their car, thats advertising the brand, members wearing the scarf or cap at games, showing the colours at games etc, and like you mentioned, kids love that stuff, hardly nonsense i would have thought!

Plus you mentioned your father who has 7 caps & 4 scarves etc, us members who have been members for such a long time, we have all that, but say someone signs up for the first time, there are always first time members each season, they don't have those 7 caps or 4 scarves to wear at games!!!....and if your father or yourself wants to donate back to the club, thats fantastic as well, what is someones junk is another persons treasure.

Dancin' Douggy
05-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I can top that....

What the...........? SO IS MINE!!!

bornadog
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
What the...........? SO IS MINE!!!

It says in the pack that fridge magnet and card to be issued late January.

BTW, I didn't get the junior packs, are they the same? What about the DVD, is that included in the junior pack?

G-Mo77
06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Finally got mine today. The 3 Memberships I bought were all posted together, mine, my wife and my Dogs. I recieved 3 hats so I guess the dog can wear one if he wants. Now I better wash my car and put the new sticker on it.

LostDoggy
06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Finally got mine today. The 3 Memberships I bought were all posted together, mine, my wife and my Dogs. I recieved 3 hats so I guess the dog can wear one if he wants. Now I better wash my car and put the new sticker on it.

Haha i have to do that aswell, theres a nice dirt mark from where I took off my 2008 sticker.

The Coon Dog
06-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Haha i have to do that aswell, theres a nice dirt mark from where I took off my 2008 sticker.

Got this advice from 'The Dogs Bollocks' who knows about these things.

He strongly suggests you clean where the new sticker will go with methalayted spirits beforehand. Once dry, the new sticker can be applied & it sticks on much better.

LostDoggy
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Got this advice from 'The Dogs Bollocks' who knows about these things.

He strongly suggests you clean where the new sticker will go with methalayted spirits beforehand. Once dry, the new sticker can be applied & it sticks on much better.

Hmm, Metho on Tint i hear is not a good idea..might give it a go though.

The Coon Dog
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Isn't the tint on the inside?

BulldogBelle
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Nooooooo, don't do that - if you are cleaning a tinted window area only use a cleaning cloth with a little water on it. If you put anything else on a tinted surface it might damage the tinting.

mighty_west
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
A little soapy water, and bingo.....the sticker is only on for a season anyway, it stays on fine!

BulldogBelle
06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Isn't the tint on the inside?

Car windows are tinted on the inside of the car.

There is no problem at all cleaning the OUTSIDE of the window where the sticker is to be placed.

Trust me, my windows are tinted and l have been cleaning mine with metho for years.

The metho removes all the grim, grease and glue marks that soapy water will not.

Your sticker will stay STUCK much longger this way. Just wait a few minutes for the metho to dry before placing the sticker.

G-Mo77
06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Car windows are tinted on the inside of the car.

There is no problem at all cleaning the OUTSIDE of the window where the sticker is to be placed.

Trust me, my windows are tinted and l have been cleaning mine with metho for years.

The metho removes all the grim, grease and glue marks that soapy water will not.

Your sticker will stay STUCK much longger this way. Just wait a few minutes for the metho to dry before placing the sticker.

Well I'm just about to do it so I'll take your advice. That is if the metho doesn't evaporate before it hits the window. It's bloody HOT!!!!!!

aker39
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Got my membership packs today.

All 4 had the Highlights DVD in it.

As we only need 1 for the family, I've decided to give the others to some people who are closet bulldog supporters. Once they've seen what a great team we support, I'm sure they'll jump on board.

bornadog
07-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Got my membership packs today.

All 4 had the Highlights DVD in it.

As we only need 1 for the family, I've decided to give the others to some people who are closet bulldog supporters. Once they've seen what a great team we support, I'm sure they'll jump on board.

I watched the DVD tonight, boy the music is soooo irritating, spoils the whole DVD.

LostDoggy
07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I watched the DVD tonight, boy the music is soooo irritating, spoils the whole DVD.

Agreed

The dvd is very rushed, just highlights, no proper menu.

Thats why buying the full dvd is going to be worth every cent :D

The Underdog
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM

It's the classic "rock video" type editing where all the cuts are so fast that you don't really see anything. I don't think it's something anyone'll be pulling out to watch too often. I'm sure you're probably better off forking out for the proper DVD if you want a decent memento of 2008, not that I've seen it. Still the cub is trying a few different things to make the membership more appealing to fence sitters, personally I'd like an option to buy the membership without most of the extras. I've still got stickers and tins and stuff backed up from the last few years.