PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to the GF replay

Dry Rot
16-03-2007, 07:11 PM
My old man* just got me a ticket to Swans vs WCE - should be a ripper game.

*These days a Swans supporter.

alwaysadog
16-03-2007, 09:44 PM
My old man* just got me a ticket to Swans vs WCE - should be a ripper game.

*These days a Swans supporter.

Should be interesting. I hope they belt the tripe out of each other. The Eagles pride is on the line and various Swans , none more so than Big Bad Barry have something to prove. The Swans want the football world to know they are still number 1.

Would be interesting to see how they could cope with season long injuries to key players of the sort we had to manage last year.

Dry Rot
17-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Yep, both have had two relatively injury free years.

If I can't get to see Dogs v Cats live, this isn't a bad second best.

Dry Rot
01-04-2007, 12:07 AM
What a great finish!

Kerr > Judd, wish he played for us.

firstdogonthemoon
01-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Sydney actually looked like the better team - just couldnt kick straight.

Or was it something else.

Go_Dogs
01-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Kerr had something like 15 contested possessions last night, glad I have him in my Dream Team. Haha.

firstdogonthemoon
01-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I had COX as the captain of my not as important as the other one dream team.

Dry Rot
01-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Kerr had something like 15 contested possessions last night, glad I have him in my Dream Team. Haha.

One of the best performances by one player I've seen live. He was tremendous.

alwaysadog
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
One of the best performances by one player I've seen live. He was tremendous.

Is this a recipe for success? Kerr fought with Cousins and just about everybody else in WA. Chick etc fought recently, Cousins is thousands of miles away and heaven knows in what head space, their Captain walks out of a media conference just days before the game. Their summer has been a media shambles, all sorts of allegations have been made; about 8 are admitted drug users of one degree or another.

Yet they played well enough early and when they were challenged stood up.

I don't get it; either they're almost superhuman or they're all on something.

Go_Dogs
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
That's just fitness and rehabilitation put into good practice. I've never seen a midfield run harder than West Coast do in all my years as a football follower. Many teams have had one or two players who are capable of running hard all day, but WC have about 5 or 6 genuinely good quality players who push that pain barrier week in, week out. Surely having the funds to pay for better equipment, more trainers and latest technologies is a massive help for them.

I wouldn't suggest at all that they're all on something, they are just very good athletes. During my rowing days I knew a few rowers who participated in Junior Olympics etc that took recreational drugs, yet they were still some of the countries best athletes who trained harder than a lot of professional athletes would. It can be done, even if they are using. Especially when you have a point to prove. But this isn't to suggest that any of their players are still using recreational drugs.

alwaysadog
02-04-2007, 07:38 AM
That's just fitness and rehabilitation put into good practice. I've never seen a midfield run harder than West Coast do in all my years as a football follower. Many teams have had one or two players who are capable of running hard all day, but WC have about 5 or 6 genuinely good quality players who push that pain barrier week in, week out. Surely having the funds to pay for better equipment, more trainers and latest technologies is a massive help for them.

I wouldn't suggest at all that they're all on something, they are just very good athletes. During my rowing days I knew a few rowers who participated in Junior Olympics etc that took recreational drugs, yet they were still some of the countries best athletes who trained harder than a lot of professional athletes would. It can be done, even if they are using. Especially when you have a point to prove. But this isn't to suggest that any of their players are still using recreational drugs.

No Macca I wasn't really suggesting the whole team was on something I was marvelling at two things; their ability to keep a focus through all that's gone on and their ability to uncover players who can bust a gut.

There's a fair body of evidence that some of the supposed recreational drugs in fact have cardio vascular enhancement properties at least 'till addiction and other effects predominate.