PDA

View Full Version : Bees practice game

Dry Rot
17-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Anyone going to the game?

I've heard on the grapevine that Griffin, Harris and Street are playing for the Bees today.

bornadog
17-03-2007, 01:58 PM
The papers mentioned Williams and Walsh will play today

GVGjr
17-03-2007, 04:27 PM
OK I will put together a bit of a report

The Bulldogs listed players that played in the two's were:
Walsh - didn't really play.
Tiller - played both forward and back. Spent a bit of time off the ground
Stack - very quiet
No Michael West but for those interested, Reece Cordy (son of a former player) played as key defender.

For the Werribee senior side:

Lynch - played as a forward and went OK without starring.
McCormack - had a good game and shook off a couple of solid knocks. Needs to use the ball a bit better. McCormack was starting across half back but ran hard and push forward when required.
Everitt - played mainly on a wing and is a super athlete. He wasn't overly good but was a bit better than OK. Good long kick.
Hill - played mainly as a defender and is very athletic. Went for a huge leap but couldn't hold the mark.
Baird - played as a defender and was OK.
Harris - was excellent in defence and really was the general back there. He really could be a good leader in the future. A cut above most of the other players there today.
Griffen - started as a forward but often pushed into the midfield. Like a number of players he rotated on and off the bench frequently.
Harbrow - fairly quiet with a couple of nice things thrown in.
Pask - was starved of opportunities while Pods was on the ground and did a bit better later on. Atkins singled him out for some praise.
Hughes - is exceptionally quick but needs to improve his kicking.
Faulkner - did some nice thing but was hampered by an injured hand.
O'Shea - did well as a defender and was even full back for a while. Harris encouraged him along all day. He is a good build and should develop into a KPP for us.
Street - did well but didn't push himself. A couple of excellent taps resulted in goals for us.
Spent a lot of time off the ground.

The Bees better players were Pods who was just outstanding in the first half before his injury and Dom Gleeson did well around the packs.

Hahn was there today and looked a picture of health.

Dry Rot
17-03-2007, 04:46 PM
What happened to Pods?

GVGjr
17-03-2007, 05:09 PM
What happened to Pods?

Went for huge mark and landed on his back. Really knocked the stuffing out of him

Dry Rot
17-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks, and thanks for great match report.

Re Harris, he might enoy a canter with the Bees for a couple of weeks ie role of captain of the backs against lesser opposition.

bornadog
17-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Did Williams play today?

southerncross
17-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Did Williams play today?

No he didn't.

alwaysadog
18-03-2007, 11:16 AM
OK I will put together a bit of a report

No Michael West .

Great report GVG.

Re West... caught up with him at the family day, he is starting to fill out a bit. He said he had hurt a cartilege in his reconstructed knee, but was about two weeks away from resuming. Was quite upset because he was much advanced on the fittest he had ever been but had lost a bit when he had to rest the knee.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2007, 01:57 PM
How did Pask go?

Think I rea dsomewhere he played well and kicked a few?

Did he play seniors or reserves?

southerncross
18-03-2007, 02:55 PM
How did Pask go?

Think I rea dsomewhere he played well and kicked a few?

Did he play seniors or reserves?

He played forward and did better once Pods went off the ground. Solid effort.

Go_Dogs
18-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Stack still over coming his injury woes? Interesting that he played in the twos.

alwaysadog
18-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Stack still over coming his injury woes? Interesting that he played in the twos.

As you probably know Brennan is a spring healed hard at it forward who will be exciting to watch when he's up and going again. He came over with a sore ankle he had played with for quite a while.

Early on he got Zimmer one of the club doctors to examine it. Zimmer took one look, told him there was a real problem and sent him of for xrays etc. He has been out ever since.

Saturday was 2 weeks before he was scheduled to come back.

Go_Dogs
18-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Good to hear he's making such a positive recovery. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do on the field - and the comparisons that have been made between him and one S Burgoyne have me very excited.