PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Match Jan 9

Templeton31
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
FWIW I was at training for a brief period on Friday and managed to see a bit of the short game-play. Rocket umpired so not many frees or ball ups and occasional brief stops for instructions. Kick ins after shots the order of the day regarless of whether the shot was goal or point and ball ups in the middle when Rocket decided it was time for one. Things I noticed:
- Cordy playing FFwd with another youngster on him (Roughead? Boumann? No. 31 I think). Cordy getting away well and timing leads well. Got on the end of two in a row while I was there. Whoever on him looked spent fairly quickly from repeated Cordy leads. I wouldn't be saying Cordy is going to be holding down FFwd in 09 but the potential for future looked there.
- Couple of beautiful intercepts and shots in the fwd 50 by I think Stack. Was a young indigenous guy wearing 18 and it wasn't Hill or Lynch or Harbrow.
- Fantastic intercept/reading of the play by Harbrow when I was watching. Aka was coming backwards out of centre for his team looking for someone to off load too. First attempted off load was smothered and Aka re-gathered. Next attempted off load was almost in the 50 and Harbrow came off his man, whipped through to intercept and off to Stack (?) who had a shot.
- Skipper and Hudson in ruck. Hudson getting best of hit outs but Skipper took nice mark intercepting a kick out from defence.
- Cross still Cross.
- Minson at FFwd for other team to Cordy with Lake on him. Couldnt get away from Brian on lead and Brian able to spoil and run ball out of defence.
- Hill floating round HF / wing looking and playing just like last year.
- Murphy running laps.

thats about all. I wasnt there long and dont think I could answer any q's but thought I should jott down what I saw as I liv in Canberra and only get there about once a year!

Cheers
T31

LostDoggy
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Good report..2 questions

Did cooney play? how did he look

Same with Griffin, what pos do he play?

westdog54
12-01-2009, 02:13 AM
thats about all. I wasnt there long and dont think I could answer any q's but thought I should jott down what I saw as I liv in Canberra and only get there about once a year!

Cheers
T31

Glad you got to have a good look at the boys in action, and thanks for the report. Plenty to get a touch excited about.

lemmon
12-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the report mate, very pleased with Cordy he sounds like quite a prospect.

Templeton31
12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Good report..2 questions

Did cooney play? how did he look

Same with Griffin, what pos do he play?

I remember seeing Griff in the middle. I dont remember seeing Cooney at all but I imagine he wasthere! I tend to focus on the up-and-comers etc so Coons/Griff doing their stuff would've been just normal to me. so sorry not much use there.

bulldog
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Any one know what days we train this week