PDA

View Full Version : Mission Foods gets behind Dogs

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 03:20 PM
http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=71332

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are proud to announce the signing of Mission Foods as their new major partner for three years.

Mission Foods will be prominently carried throughout the club’s branding, in particular on-field apparel, while also bearing the naming rights of the 'Mission Elite Learning Centre' at Whitten Oval.

Western Bulldogs president David Smorgon OAM said, "We are extremely pleased to announce this ground breaking partnership with a leading worldwide manufacturer of flatbreads, Mexican and corn based products in the fast moving consumer goods category."

Mission Foods products will be distributed nationally and be available from all leading food retailers and independent supermarkets from Monday, January 19, 2009.

"Mission Foods have chosen to partner with the Western Bulldogs to spearhead their launch into the Australian market place for the Mission brand," said Smorgon.

This partnership, valued in the order of $4.5 million, will take both the Bulldogs and Mission brands nationally to consumers over the next three years.

"The Bulldogs 09 mission started today with this announcement of our partnership with Mission Foods," said Smorgon.

Established in 1949, Mission Foods is part of Mexican based group Gruma Corporation, with operations spanning Mexico, the USA, Central and South America, UK and now Australia.

Mission Foods are exclusively focused on the manufacture of flatbread and Mexican products and corn-based snacks with 60 years' experience manufacturing over a quarter of the world’s tortillas.

In addition to the Western Bulldogs partnership, Mission Foods will invest in a national TV, press and outdoor campaign launching the Mission brand and the related lines of products in February this year.

"The Western Bulldogs are a significant part of our campaign to establish the Mission brand in Australia. We are thrilled to have consummated our partnership and to be announcing it today" said an excited Mr Juan Gonzalez, president – CEO of Gruma Oceania.

For further information on Mission Foods products, click here

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 04:17 PM
$4.5MIL is nothing to be sniffed at in anyone's language. Well done Cam and Smorgy.:)

hujsh
17-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing the ELC is what got us some extra cash/appeal

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm guessing the ELC is what got us some extra cash/appeal

Sure would of. Now its the MELC

alwaysadog
17-01-2009, 06:14 PM
And now it's official; we are on a mission. Wilbur would look good dressed as a Blues Brother chomping on a Tortilla.

KT31
17-01-2009, 10:18 PM
This is great news.
Well done Dave and Cam.
Does this mean we will be having Nacho and Taco Nights instead of the traditional Pie night.

Scraggers
18-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Finally a sponsor I can support on a weekly basis ... I love flat breads

hujsh
18-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Nothin' like a good burrito.

So long Old El Paso.

LostDoggy
18-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Ariba!

mjp
18-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I love Mexican food, I love San Diego, I love Tex-Mex food, I love Texas. I love the Bulldogs!

It is not as if I needed a reason to buy MORE tortillas, but this is fantastic!

strebla
18-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Can i still be a nacho man?

BulldogBelle
18-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Can i still be a nacho man?

Ha reading that I automatically thought of the Village people song "Macho Man" perhaps you can be that aswell. :D

The Coon Dog
18-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Ha reading that I automatically thought of the Village people song "Macho Man" perhaps you can be that aswell. :D
He'd be very good at that, believe me! ;)

ledge
18-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh i hope he doesnt turn up to games as that gay cop singing nacho nacho man!
Think we need to change WOOF caps to sombreros now, wonder how long it will be until the whole cheer squad wheres sombreros.

LostDoggy
19-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Think we need to change WOOF caps to sombreros now, wonder how long it will be until the whole cheer squad wheres sombreros.

Very True, they've already got Siesta's down pat.

craigsahibee
19-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Great idea. My reserved seat is in the back row, Level 1 at Etihaad Stadium so there will not be anyone behind me trying to knock it off my head in order to see the footy.

Scraggers
23-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Finally a sponsor I can support on a weekly basis ... I love flat breads

I hate to quote myself; so just as an aside to my last post ... I helped my wife do the shopping today and was proud as punch when we were able to buy two packets of Mission tortillas (garlic & herb and wholemeal)... :D

What made me happier was the fact that most other products in the Mission flat bread range at my local store had sold out ... it was great to see our naming sponsor doing well interstate as well.

Did I read somewhere that our logo is going to be on the Mission products as well or is it just their website ??

azabob
25-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I hate to quote myself; so just as an aside to my last post ... I helped my wife do the shopping today and was proud as punch when we were able to buy two packets of Mission tortillas (garlic & herb and wholemeal)... :D

What made me happier was the fact that most other products in the Mission flat bread range at my local store had sold out ... it was great to see our naming sponsor doing well interstate as well.

Did I read somewhere that our logo is going to be on the Mission products as well or is it just their website ??

I think bulldogs logo will be on their deilvery trucks

LostDoggy
25-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I've just started working in a Mexican restaurant as my casual job (Ayce worked here with my sister a couple of years ago), and was pleased to notice they use Mission products...by the boxfulls! Haha, not too interesting, but I got really excited by it!

BulldogBelle
25-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I've just started working in a Mexican restaurant as my casual job (Ayce worked here with my sister a couple of years ago), and was pleased to notice they use Mission products...by the boxfulls! Haha, not too interesting, but I got really excited by it!

The other day at work a co-worker and I were having lunch in our staff lounge and he had a wrap and straight away I asked him "by any chance I hope that is a Mission product you are about to devour"...he laughed and said "yes they are excellent". So its really good how quickly it is catching on.

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Has anyone else tried the Mission Taco shells?
We have, they're freaking awesome.
The totillas are top notch as well.
Best sponsor ever!!

Easy Beat, everytime I go to the supermarket I end up buying some flatbreads. You can freeze them as well and they thaw out really quickley. Best sponsor we ever had, that we can support.